Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Tau army- The Phoenix Warriors
Closed Thread
Old 05 Feb 2005, 19:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default My Tau army- The Phoenix Warriors

Now, this list has been changed since I first deployed it a few months ago. So far it has suffered one loss against a WWP army that just got too lucky.. But it has beaten a well-made Necron army . (List made with Army Builder)

Phoenix Warriors 1850 Pts - Tau Army

1 Commander Shas'o (HQ) @ 135 Pts
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generators
Hard-wired multi-tracker

6 Stealth Team (Elites) @ 190 Pts
Bonded

2 Crisis Battlesuit Team (Elites) @ 181 Pts
Burst Cannon; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker
----1 Crisis Battlesuit Team @ [59] Pts
Burst Cannon; Missile Pod; Multi-Tracker

2 Crisis Battlesuit Team (Elites) @ 130 Pts
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

12 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 120 Pts

12 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 205 Pts
1 Devilfish Dropship @ [85] Pts
Targetting Array

1 Hammerhead Gunship (Heavy Support) @ 150 Pts
Railgun; Two Burst Cannons;
Targetting Array

1 Broadside Battlesuit Team (Heavy Support) @ 85 Pts
Smart Missile System; TL Railgun
1 Drones @
Shield Generator (x1)

2 Broadside Battlesuit Team (Heavy Support) @ 170 Pts
Smart Missile System; TL Railgun
2 Drones @ [30] Pts
Shield Generator (x2)

Models in Army: 92

Total Army Cost: 1846
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 05 Feb 2005, 20:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: My Tau army- The Phoenix Warriors

must..... controll..... self, this. has. happened. before.

the first problem is the horrfying lack of mobility. fullstop, you gotta get some more fishes in there or change some FW for kroot.

second is that none of your FW squads are bonded or even shas'ui'd, they never run? you ever lose squads to running at 6 models? fix it.

third is that oddly configured crisis team, just wied, give it fireknife or BC,PR,MT and stick with it, consistency and rliablity go up and everyone is happy :P

lasty, drop the shas'O to 'El to scavenge some much needed points.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 05 Feb 2005, 23:01   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeap you'll need to give at least two of your Fire Warrior squad fishes, thats for sure, you already have one so thats a good start. If you dont want Kroot you dont have to use them, I know I dont, so having to take them is not a must. IMO as Shas'o is excellent mainly because he has the 4 wounds so he can cop a beating (as you probably have found out) so I wouldn't drop him. What size games to actually player 1900 or 2000? If you play 2000 you have a fair bit of space to work in another devil fish and maybe a third Crisis Suit for your Crisis units.
Old 05 Feb 2005, 23:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I play at 1850 (RTT style).

Yea, I see the odd Crisis config, I thought it was at Fireknife...

But, my lack of mobility is made up with my camping power. Basicly, I force the enemy to come to me with long range fire and the suits until the FWs rip them apart.

As for downgrading to Shas'El, that just isn't gonna happen! I like my Shas'O way to much. And my squads have fled (only a few times actually, except against Necrons where many squads fled) but I just deal with it. It may make the game a bit harder but winning with less makes the win feel much better.
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 05 Feb 2005, 23:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

Get: 1-2 full Carnivore squads (for CC)
1 full Gun Drone squad (to take advantage of the shas'o's IC rules)
(If possible) More 'Fishes (for FoF)

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 05 Feb 2005, 23:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I don't use Kroot or Drones. I like having a pure Tau army made of Tau, and I don't like Drones or Kroot ;D
Old 06 Feb 2005, 00:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: Somewhere cliché, like... behind you, or in your room maybe. I don't know.

Then get an Ethereal.

If you read this sentince, it will tell you nothing.
Old 06 Feb 2005, 09:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

....... why would you use drones to IC, when you have a perfectly good crisis team to IC with?

meh. the shas'O isnt a big deal, just 25 wasted points, not that big.

and to borrow from all the lame Cs players that have ever whinged, camping aint cool ;D, seriously, campers get ripped by pods and other combatty army tricks, but the driving factor to mobilize is a combo of the fact that mobile = fluffy fot Tau, and mobile = better use of the list, guard will outshoot you every time, they cant out move your fire though.

mobile armies also tend to be more fun to play, static armies are more often than not snooze fest where the only decisions are what to fire at. not fun.

go here
Old 06 Feb 2005, 10:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Aun Dolf

I'll try to give you some constructive criticism:

If you are planning to use that targetting array on your devilfish, also get a multi-tracker so it can move 12" and fire.

I also suggest multi-tracker for your Hammerhead for the same reason.

I think the army looks quite good, not what I would like to play myself for the moment but it can still be effective!
Old 06 Feb 2005, 11:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

it is constructive, its dissuading what gives all us normal Tau players a bad name, boring stand and shoot armies.
go here
Closed Thread