Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

FlashFire Combo for Crisis
Closed Thread
Old 04 Feb 2005, 03:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default FlashFire Combo for Crisis

I decieded that i would make my own name for this combo not knowing if any others existed anyway...

THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE FIREKNIFE CRISIS SUIT!!!!
"how can this be the fireknive combo is unbeatable" you say, well its the Fusion Gun and PLasma Rifle combo and multi-tracker, of course.
Since everyone takes the Plasma Rifle we can factor that out, so that just leaves the Missle Pod and the fusion blaster.

HOPE YOU ALL KNOW THE STATS thanks for clarifying

Alright after doing the Math 3 crisis suits with Missle Pods will kill exactly 0.83333 Regular Codex Space Marines

However, the Fusion Blaster Team will kill 1.25 space marines, mind you this is at 12"

Ok so the Fusion blaster won't get any shots until your enemy's close right and the Missle Pod will get more shots because of

the range right? Ok say your playing 4' long right deployed behind cover or out of LOS as far up as you can

on the assumption your opponent does the same thats 24" difference, 6' move shoot plasma' 6 more somewhere behind, not

close enough that you get assaulted but not far enough that you don't get any rapid fire shots or fusion blasters.

ok first turn Missle Pod = 0.83333 kills Fusion Blaster = 0

second turn move into rapid-fire range bringing Missle Pod to 1.6667 and Fusion Blaster to 1.25 then fly back out to where

ever is safe. Third turn same thing, that brings MP to 2.5 and Oh, how about that Fusion Blaster to 2.5 as well.

fourth turn same thing again, bringing MP to 3.3 and the Fusion Blaster to 3.75

5th MP= 4.16 and FB = 5
6th MP= 5 and FB =6.25

Well it seems that The FB has the MP beat, however i will say that the Missle pods value comes not from the str but the range,

and that only a die-hard, crazy, as close to your opponent as you can get, person as me would ever get their crisis suits so

close, however i also am benefitting from the rapid-fire of the plasma. I've noticed this working well with FoF too.

Well thats my two cents, i just feel that their are alternatives to the fireknife. please feel free to comment or make corrections as you see fit

Old 04 Feb 2005, 03:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: FlashFire Combo for Crisis

I've always loved that combo in cityfight, but with one member with a flamer and t-linked plasma instead. It works, but only if the terrain permits. Fusion guns also do more against heavier vehicles, (land raiders, leman russ, etc.) but missile pods can take down lighter vehicles such as sentinels, dreads, rhinos, etc better than the fusion gun because of the range.

As a side note, please don't post the exact stats of the weapons because it's copywright infringement.
Old 04 Feb 2005, 03:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

oh, and nice math. I never bothered with it, but somehow suspected and knew that it did better against marines, but you proved it only really starts to work late game.
Old 04 Feb 2005, 07:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I respect you for thinking about it but you miss the point, the fireknife is Versatile.

the FB is better vs marines, yes if you roll to the stats, but for people with bad luck the increased shots of the MP beats the FB.

on the range fromt the MP beats the FB hands down we knew that :P, its better for people who like more tactical flexibility.

on AP the FB just wins, we knew that :P, better if you cant squeese a HH into the list I suppose.

on the strength front its a close race, the FB has one more point of strength that will come in handy if youre going to play against tank heavy armies, but if its just Rhinos and chimeras the MP will do.

From all this rambling I hope you've gleaned my point by now but if you havent, consider that marines arent the only army you'll play against and most armies have 4+ saves, so both the MP and the FB cut through them, but the MP does it faster with more shot and from further away, all in all the MP is there for the sheer fact that it is flexible, the FB pins the crisis into heavy infantry hunter mode while the MP leaves it free to adapt. tats why its sopopular, its good nomatter what army you have to game against, the pefect config for tournaments or just going to the game store for a game.

end of conceited rant
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 04 Feb 2005, 09:48   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Iceplague

Let me tell u that the gun that kills most marines when i play with Tau is the BURSTCANNONS that are on my crisis suits. So burstcannons and missiles, that's ur way to victory!
Old 04 Feb 2005, 12:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I dun use a singel FB in my army. all my 5 xrisis haas PR, MP and MT. the only exception here is the HQ and bodyguard who has shield gens too!
Old 04 Feb 2005, 13:17   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I like the Fusion Blaster for deep-striking single battlesuits. That is generally how I use it. The Fusion Blaster is a great weapon, but I like being able to dive into cover or behind a wall when I am shooting at Marines. More options with the longer range.
Old 04 Feb 2005, 15:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

well whatever works best for you.....it all depends on how you use your crisis suits to be honest! I dont like fusion blasters on regular suits for two rather obvious reasons - range, and one shot bs3 weapon. The range means that its probably going to take a while to take out tanks, however a missile pod can begin firing at them usually from turn one or two.

With my crisis suits i like to take things out from long range then when i need to i can advance and make use of 12" rapid fire on the plasmas, a two shot bs3 weapon as compared to the one shot bs3 fusion blaster with the same range. I can see how fusion teams might work but to be honest i'm fine with the fireknife or possibly twin linked plasmas against 3+ armies!
Old 04 Feb 2005, 15:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hmmm..."FlashFire"...If I remember correctly, that is not what it is called but hey, your army!!!! You can find names for suits in a couple of places...here are some combos that were in a White Dwarf a while ago:

Fire Knife: Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker
Blinding Spear: Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Mutli-Tracker (my fav config* ;D )
Blinding Dance: Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Mutli-Tracker (your config)
Old 04 Feb 2005, 16:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

ahh, the binding spear, personally i quite like that although haven't seen it used much, when using it you need to make sure either your not playing an armoured company or you have plenty of railguns/other anti-tank weapons....also another advanatage of it that no-bdoy seems to mention is cost....fireknife, while being the most versitile, is also the one of the most expensive, commonly used combos. The blinding spear will cost just 56 points per suit.....not too shabby ;D