Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your luckiest Tau moment
Closed Thread
Old 03 Feb 2005, 10:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Your luckiest Tau moment

We have all had moments when playing a game with our Tau that is all against the odds such as Fire Warriors taking down a Chaplain or winning a combat against Blood Angel death company (all of which have happened to me)...

But I would say my luckiest moment would have been when my Ethereal with a honour blade killed a Eldar Wraithlord in hand to hand ;D, I cheered so loud when the thing fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

So what's your moment?
Old 03 Feb 2005, 11:04   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Your luckiest Tau moment

I avenged the death of 20ish Kroot (including Krootox and Hounds) to one Librarian by destroying the Baal Preadator Tank infront of him with my railgun and then killing him with my Pathfinders.

Oh, and in the same battle I managed to ambush his Honour Guards by luring him towards my defenseless Ethereal and then flanking them from both sides with 2 Crisis Suits and 12 Fire Warriors, A Hammerhead and 5 Gun Drones. Which was fun.

I lost the game in the end though...
Old 03 Feb 2005, 11:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Perfect timing for a thread like this! Last night I played my first game against Necrons with my Tau. He slaughtered me until I had only 10 Fire Warriors, 1 Broadside, 3 Stealth Suits and a Devil Fish. That against his twenty something Necron Warriors. Some how I knocked down enough to have him phase out though, very barely winning the game. It was so close we couldn't believe it because we were both positive of his victory.

Also, in the same battle ten of my Fire Warriors were charged by 2 Immortals and some how a few turns later killed those two Immortals. That is actually what helped me win because they were able to march onto the Warriors and shoot them apart.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 03 Feb 2005, 12:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ahhh, well it was about 6 months ago, and I was playing a Khornate cult army and well, the guy took a Bloodthirster. Well, by turn 5, the only units on the table left were my O'Shovah, his Bloodthirster, some Berzerkers and 2 Stealth Suits. I charged O'shovah toward the bloodthirster and went H2H with it. Needless to say, I took it down. The guy now plays tau ever since that day.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 03 Feb 2005, 14:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

A few weeks ago, I was playing against a Necron army (1300points, cause that was all we had at the time...* ).* My friend Turbo Boosted (is that what the special move for jetbikes is called? ??? ) his squad of three Wraiths and they were able to get into assult the second turn, right into the heart of my firing line. So what did I do?* I charged him with drones while my FW ran into their Devilfishes.* The amazing thing was though was the fact that my drones held up the wraiths for 3 turns, even killing one!* Lets just say that I don't underestimate the drones anymore, and have found a significant increase of them in my army....lol*
Old 03 Feb 2005, 15:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Played a 750pts game against nids. as the game ended I had only lost 12 FW while I wiped out the enemy.

One of my 6 man FW suads even hold off, and killed off an assaulting hormagaunts group with no losses on my FWs.
Old 03 Feb 2005, 15:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

SM assault squad manages to get one model into btb with my stealth squad, said model gets his ass kicked. Unable to retaliate, said assault sqaud ran for the hills ;D.
SM commander in Terminator armor charge 8 FWs and Aun'shi, FWs manage one wound in hth, which my opponint fails to save . Which lead to a stand off between the SM commander and Aun'shi, in the final round of combat, both , on thier last wounds, managed to wound each other, and both had a 4+ INV, Aun'shi saved, while the SM commander failed .
Old 03 Feb 2005, 16:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I had a unit of fire warrors bring down an avatar in combat the eldar player missed all his attacks then I had some super lucky ones, the rest is history!
Old 03 Feb 2005, 18:23   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

My lucky'st moment was when my Aunshi killed my brothers carnefex. He only took off one wound in two turns! but I maniged to kill him!
Old 03 Feb 2005, 19:37   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Having a squad of firewarriors hold off Slaanesh for 3 rounds of close combat and even managing to cause one wound on him.* One the last turn of the same game with only half of a squad of firewarriors, a stunned hammerhead and one gun drone on the board the gun drone shot and took Slaanesh's last wound.* The victory points from him won the game for me.* I don't want to know what would have happened if the firewarriors didnt tie him up for 3 turns.
Closed Thread