Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I need help
Closed Thread
Old 02 Feb 2005, 11:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default I need help

Hey I'm new here, both to the site and to Warhammer.* I need help making a Tau army list. This weekend i'm getting a rulebook and the Tau codex and i just want to get some pieces while i'm at scifi city. After this I won't need to ask for help anymore.* Also what would you recomend against Space Marines
Old 02 Feb 2005, 11:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: I need help

against marines, You should use things with good armor piercing, and also make sure to read the rulebook thoroughly and get used to the rules. I would read over the rulebook and the codex, and then ,make up your own army list, then post it so we have something to work with.

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.
tyranids- 200pts. (battle for mccrage )
Lost and the damned- 300pts. (just started)

pm me if you play halo2 on xbox live!
Old 02 Feb 2005, 11:44   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Im assuming at the moment that you dont have anything, if this is the case i would recommend the core force of 1 Crisis for you commander and two sets of FireWarriors.
Old 02 Feb 2005, 11:47   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I was gonna read the rule book and codex before I bought anything. Here's another question. When you get a pack what peices come in it? i.e. 10 Firewarriors

Here's is what i'm thinking of getting...

3 stealth suits
1-2 crisis suits
2 squads of firewarriors
1 hammer head
Old 02 Feb 2005, 13:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

that looks like a good start.. Although I would recommend you to get more crisis suits.
Old 02 Feb 2005, 13:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think that's a very solid start.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 02 Feb 2005, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejis
I was gonna read the rule book and codex before I bought anything. Here's another question. When you get a pack what peices come in it? i.e. 10 Firewarriors

3 stealth suits
1-2 crisis suits
2 squads of firewarriors
1 hammer head
Fire Warrior Boxed Set: 12 Firewarriors, 2 Drones
Crisis Suit: 1 Crisis Suit, 2 Drones
Kroot Boxed Set: 16 Kroot
I believe that all the rest have what-you-see-is-what-you-get, such as Devilfishes, Hammerheads, Etherals, etc...
Post me if I'm wrong...and also, i would go with 4 crisis suits off the start like I did, so that you can make 1 commander and 1 crisis team
Old 02 Feb 2005, 21:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

the best for beginners IMO is the battlebox, a Devilfish, a HammerHead and a box of kroot. that gives you a very versatile starting force with lots of room to expand.

so you'd get
3 Crisis (one for your commander Shas'El)
12Firewarriors
Devilfish for said FW
38kroot
Hammerhead
some drones

all for pretty cheap as the battlebox is a bargain!
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 02 Feb 2005, 21:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygamer
the best for beginners IMO is the battlebox, a Devilfish, a HammerHead and a box of kroot. that gives you a very versatile starting force with lots of room to expand.

so you'd get
3 Crisis (one for your commander Shas'El)
12Firewarriors
Devilfish for said FW
38kroot
Hammerhead
some drones

all for pretty cheap as the battlebox is a bargain!
??? Really? Up here in Canada our battle box is 3 Crisis, 12 Kroot, 12 Firewarriors, 10 Drones and a GW Plastic Tree sprue...where are you from dizzygamer?
Old 02 Feb 2005, 21:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejis

3 stealth suits
1-2 crisis suits
2 squads of firewarriors
1 hammer head

Welcome to the Forums! *Don't be afraid to ask for help on any question that comes to mind; we love nothing else than answering questions! *

The Battle Box mentioned earlier is definitely a good buy, as well as the "Mobile Squads" sold as well (12 Fire Warriors and a Devilfish transport; the exact name escapes me...) *The Hammerhead is one unit per box, and if you refrain from glueing on the turret and missle pod/ burst cannon drones, it can double as another Devilfish as well. *Take a look at the thread on using magnets for your vehicles and suits!

The Crisis suits are sold in small boxes of one XV Suit and two drones per pack; they are slightly expensive (what isn't?), but worthwhile to purchase. *Also, what applied to the Devilfish/Hammerhead also applies to the Broadsides; with magnets and care, the 'Side can possibly be modified to work as a standard Crisis suit as well. *I'd recommend it if you like a challenge or want to experiment, but it may require a bit of modelling skill to complete. *Check around and see if anyone has ever tried this particular modification.

Stealth Suits come two "standard" warriors per blister; the Shas'ui comes one per blister. *Don't make the same mistake *I* did and get a flurry of one-man blisters! *Expensive, not to mention you can't tell which "'Ui" is supposed to be in charge! *

If (when) you try Kroot out, stick with the basic troopers first. *The Krootox and Hounds all come in metal models and blisters; you might be able to find alternative means of creating these models on your own, and hopefulyl for cheaper as well. *Each adds a unique element to the Kroot Carnivore squad, but its nothing you cannot practice with later. *As matters stand, the Kroot are usually a love-hate relationship: *You'll either love them and take them often, or despise them and rarely ever take them, if at all.

All things given, you should not have to spend a horribly brain-breaking amount of coin on your purchases. *Have a plan for each unit you buy, and things shoud work out well!

Good luck!
Closed Thread