Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000 pts. Tournament Tau armylist
Closed Thread
Old 02 Feb 2005, 08:40   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1000 pts. Tournament Tau armylist

;D Hi guys! I glad to introduce my new armylist: it's based on Fish of Fury, it new tactica to me and i would like to hear your advice to the list. And two commanders are very important to me because of armyfluff - they are twins.

2 Commander Shas'el 220 pts.
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generators
Hard-wired multi-tracker

2 ? 12 Fire Warriors 430 pts.

2 Devilfish Dropship
Multi-tracker
Decoy Launcher

1 Hammerhead Gunship 180 Pts
Railgun; Smart Missile System;
Multi-tracker
Decoy Launcher
Target Lock

1 Hammerhead Gunship 170 Pts
Railgun; Two Burst Cannons;
Multi-tracker
Decoy Launcher
Target Lock

I think it will be very difficult to win on this tournament, because of metagame:

3 x Chaos Space Marines (Black Legion,Iron Warriors,Alpha)
2 x Black Templars
2 x Blood Angels
Alaitoc Rangers Eldar
3 x Imperial Guard
2 x Space Wolves
Dark Eldars
Lost and Damned
Old 02 Feb 2005, 11:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1000 pts. Tournament Tau armylist

Perhaps exchanging one HH for a elite choice like 3 stealths and 1 XV8.

Otherwise it seems lika a good list to me!
Old 02 Feb 2005, 11:17   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I like stealth suits but they aren't so effective versus marines.

Thanks!
Old 02 Feb 2005, 13:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well.. Id rather take the extra XV8 thats real good at killing marines, and also getting 3 stealths that packs alot of firepower!
Old 02 Feb 2005, 15:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Wow....10 differnet space marine armies!!!!*
The best way to defeat space marines is the fact that you need weapons that will negate their armour saves, therefore Plasma Rifles and Fusion Blasters, the best marine killers tau has to offer.
Here is my advice:

1) Drop 1 Shas'el:* Although you said you like them for your fluff, the 110 points can come in handy here, so just bare with me.* Besides, can't one brother stay home and watch TV?* ;D

2) Drop a Hammerhead:* Yes, pie plates are nice to lay down on the enemy, however, It is not effective against marines.* I suggest you drop the 170 point one, as Smart Missiles are essential against deep strikers who hide behind cover out of line of sight...bah... 280 Points left

3) Now, the time has come:* lol...sry...got carried away.* Seeing 280 points is comforting, so I'll introduce my some-what-but-not-quite-although-it-is-nice-marine-killer list and place it into yours.

HQ:
Shas'el: Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Sheild Gen; HW multi-tracker - 110
Perfect!* Don't change that one bit!* Sheild Gens are almost essential against marine armies 'cause you never know when a meltagun will pop up and kill your commander...

Elites:
Crisis Team Blinding Dance: 3 Shas'ui - Plasma Rifle; Fusion Blaster; Multi-Tracker; Bonded - 199
Many people don't like putting Fusion Blasters on their Crisis Team, but when you're going up against that many marines, 2 rapid fire Plasma shots and 1 Fusion shot, smurfs are going to bite the dust...lol

Crisis Monat Blinding Spear: 1 Shas'ui - Plasma Rifle; Burst Cannon; Multi-Tracker - 61
Of course, where would a Tau army be without a lone hunter?* Hey, for your fluff, this could be the twin, lol, j/k

Troops:
2 ? 12 Fire Warriors; Bonded - 450

2 Devilfish Dropship
Multi-tracker
Decoy Launcher
Bond them so that they don't run away when under fire, especially without an etheral

Heavy Support:
1 Hammerhead Gunship - 180
Railgun; Smart Missile System;
Multi-tracker
Decoy Launcher
Target Lock
Perfect

So see if you like it, any questions just post.
Old 02 Feb 2005, 15:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Well...
I would drop one leader and give one of your hammerhead a ion cannon.(marine killer)
The leftover points you should use on crisis suits.
Use your devilfishes with FW and go with the FoF tactic. It is very useful. Especially against Imperial Guard.
Good luck.

I'm off...
Gonna kill me some Imperial Guard myself...
Old 02 Feb 2005, 15:30   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

2 Apocalyptic: You are almost right but I've played with Black Templars with 2(two!) lanr raider crusaders in this format. I lose. And understand that it is wrong to underestimate antitank firepower. So i need 2 broadsides & 1 hammerhead or 2 hammerheads. second variant is better because of mobility. So what do you think?

2 Shasel_Aunat: If two people say to drop second HH may be I would drop it. But second shas'el is very-very important. *;D

Palsma Rifle+fusion blaster... hmm I think that twin-linked plasma is cheaper (plus target lock? or drones?). Low ballistic skill is the problem(i often use Shas'o or 2 in 1500 games). So 3 additional crisis suit is helpful but there are 6 other than marines armies. *:-\
Old 02 Feb 2005, 15:37   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chton
I would drop one leader and give one of your hammerhead a ion cannon.(marine killer)
Sorry dude but hammerhead with ioncannon IMHO - pointsink(approx 2 dead marines per turn only. It's better to buy 2-3 crisis with twin plasma).

Thanks! ;D

P.S. : The theme (twins) is iron I can't change it. Because I'm already started to paint comix about twins. 8)
Old 02 Feb 2005, 15:44   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well, if you must keep the two Shas'el I would suggest that you put one in the FB configuration. One of those deep-striking in the right place can do just as much as a railgun.
Old 02 Feb 2005, 19:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Then I would say 2 Broadsides and 1 HH, as it allows you to target more units.. use the broads first to kick off his tanks. then IF one of the broads misses you can still fire off the HH at that target!

But if both broads are lucky, then the HH is free to knock down his very expensive commander in term armor.