Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Redux
Old 04 Feb 2007, 00:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tau Redux

Hey guys, this is basically how I would do the Tau codex if I had the chance. Anytime there is a unit that's already in the codex, unless I completely redid it, check out the codex for what it is. Some minor changed have been made to some, but the HQ section is not one of them. The entire section has been revamped with shas'os being badasses now, Ethereals have been slightly changed, and two new HQ choices have been added.

P.S. the sixth part of this is miscellanious stuff which hasn't been fully done yet, but it's the armoury, special characters, and stuff like that. The seventh part is teh two new variant Tau armies I'm introducing, one of which is done. Have fun with these. Oh, and the new weapons that don't have stats listed will be in the armoury section of Part 6. Sorry.

Tau Redux Part 1 (HQ)

Commander 1+ (Tau Shas’o or Tau Shas’el)

pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
shas'o 70 4 5 3 3 3 4 4 10 3+
shas'el 35 3 4 3 3 2 3 3 9 3+

Team: 1 commander. Only one commander in the detachment may be a shas’o.

Equipment: Reinforced Carapace armor. All commanders choose weapons based on the armor they choose.

Armor: Reinforced Carapace (already equipped) or XV8 Crisis Battlesuit at +15 points

Options:
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits: see codex: Tau Empire
Reinforced Carapace: Pulse pistol +0 pts, dual pulse pistols +3 pts (two pulse pistols, two CCWs) , pulse rifle or pulse carbine +2 pts, rail Rifle +7, markerlight +10 pts.

Special Rules:
Independent Character: see Warhammer 40000 rulebook

Bodyguard: Commanders may choose a bodyguard.

Inspirational Leadership: Seeing Shas’els or Shas'os on the field and not in a battlesuit inspires all Tau warriors on the field to the heights of bravery. Any Tau units within 18” of a shas’el or shas'o not in a battlesuit may use his leadership value for all Morale, and Pinning checks.

Commanding Presence: A shas’o on the field of battle without a battlesuit receives as much, if not more admiration as the Ethereals by the Fire Caste. Simply being there focuses the minds of all warriors on the field. All Tau units on the field of battle can reroll all Leadership checks, except anything to do with psychic powers.

Weapon Masters: All of the shas’os of the Tau army are amazingly skilled with the weapons they wield, and know the functions of their battlesuit like a suit of skin. Any shas’o in a battlesuit can buy two of the same weapon and pay full cost for both. If you do so, they are NOT twin-linked.

Field Testers: Because they are highly skilled pilots, shas'os donning battlesuits are always called upon by the Fio to test out various weapons. Unfortunately for the Fio, they generally lose the prototype if the commander likes it. Luckily, the Earth Caste can make another one, and prepare it for mass production if more field tests are as successful. The shas'os also like to customize their battlesuits, adding weapons and such on to them, making the Fio in charge of upkeeping the suit semi-insane, but proving to be very combat effective. Shas'os, and shas'os only, have access to various upgrades to support and weapon systems, both as carapace and battlesuit armoured:
Note that any upgrades to support systems must be made to non hard-wired systems and are added on to the base cost of the support system. All costs are towards wargear allowance.
iridium blades +15pts (rending, S +3, carapace only, single handed)
iridium shield +10pts (5+ inv save, CO)
shade sword +10pts (+2 I, +1 S, CO, single handed)
jetpack +15pts (CO)
custom battlesuit +10pts (an extra hardpoint, may take a support system if in carapace)
advanced multi-tracker +8pts (shoot as many weapons as you want)
advanced target lock +8pts (shoot at two different targets)
advanced drone controller +5pts (control 4 drones)
advanced shield generator +15pts (3+ inv save)
advanced blacksun filter +5pts (see 2d6X8" and confer benefit to squad)
advanced weapon capacitors +10pts (+1 Str, +1 AP, or +50% added to range of weapon, can be used more than once on same weapon, uses a hardpoint)
advanced thrusters: +10pts to vectored retro-thrusters (Also counts as. In addition, Jetpack assault move may be either 2d6+3" or the normal 6". If move takes model into enemy unit, Suit counts as charging at initiative 10. In this case, both the suit and any models in base-to-base will take one Strength X hit, where X is equal to the suit's remaining distance. Armor saves taken as normal.)

Bodyguard
shas'vre 25 3 4 3 3 1 2 3 8 3+

Team: 1-2 XV8 armoured bodyguards of 3-7 carapace armoured bodyguards.

Type: Jump infantry(jet pack) if in an XV8, or else infantry.

Equipment: Armoured in either reinforced carapace, or an XV8 for +15pts (+2 S, +1 T, +1 W) depending on what commander is in. Must match commander.

Options:
XV8: As codex: Tau Empire.
Carapace: up to half may be equipped with a railrifle at +10 pts, or a pulse blaster at +5pts (18", 4, 2, rapid fire). Up to half of team may have markerlights at +10 pts. The entire team must be equipped with jetpack if the commander is at +10pts each.

Special Rules:
Honour Guard: Carapace armoured bodyguards have trained from a shas'saal with the weapons they are using, because they chose then and there to become a bodyguard. Not piloting a battlesuit also let them focus even more on how to protect their charge. All members of a carapace armoured bodyguard have the following upgrades: bonding knife, +1 BS, photon grenades, EMP grenades, and a HW DC which does not need to have any drones. No other upgrades may be taken.

Close Defense Training: All Honour Guard have some degree of close combat training for those times when they get charged. Because of this, they sometimes go into battle with combat blades, which enhance both their speed and strength up close, but not in prolonged combats. The combat blades provide the Honour Guard with Counter Attack, Furious Charge, 2 CC weapons for +6pts/ model.

To The Death: All Bodyguards are Fearless.

Close Protection: A commander with a carapace armoured bodyguard may not be singled out in the shooting phase, regardless of special rules such as a Vindicare Assassin, etc.

Ethereals (Tau: Aun)

Aun'la 40 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 9 -
Aun'ui 50 4 3 3 3 2 3 2 9 -
Aun'vre 55 4 3 3 3 2 3 3 10 -
Aun'el 65 4 3 3 4 3 4 3 10 -

Team: 1

Type: Infantry.

Equipment: Ethereals have badges of office that grant them +1 attack in close combat. They may select equipment from the Tau infantry armoury.

Special Rules:
Bodyguard: The Ethereal may take a bodyguard from the above selection, but they may be only be armoured by reinforced carapace. If an Ethereal has a bodyguard, as long as one member of the bodyguard and the Ethereal are still alive, they count as a scoring unit.

Inspiring Presence:
Aun’la: Any unit joined by the ethereal has the Ethereals Ld and may reroll all leadership based checks
Aun’ui: Any unit with a member within 12 inches of the ethereal may re-roll all leadership based checks and any unit he joins may use his Ld.
Aun’vre: All Tau units on the board may reroll all leadership based checks. Any unit the ethereal joins may choose to be fearless at the beginning of the Tau turn. If they do, the effect lasts until the beginning of the next Tau turn.
Aun’el: All Tau units on the board may reroll all leadership based checks. Any unit within 12” of the ethereal may choose to be fearless at the beginning of the Tau turn. If they do, the effect lasts until the beginning of the next Tau turn.

Price of Failure: If the Ethereal is killed, all units within the leadership area affect of the Ethereal must pass a moral test or immediately fall back. Any units that were previously fearless take this check at -1 to Ld.

Shas'vre Mont'ko'cha (Mont'ko'cha)

Before a shas'vre can be elevated to shas'el, he or she must undergo a Trial by Fire. However, unlike their other Trials, not only must achieve an objective that they tell only to the shas'o of the cadre. Donning an XV15 or XV25, these elite warriors take a select few of their protégées to strike the enemy where it hurts.

Mont'ko'cha 55 3 4 3 3 1 3 2 9 3+
Shas'vre 35 3 3 3 3 1 3 2 8 3+

Team: Mont'ko'cha, 2-5 shas'vre

Type: Jump infantry (jetpacks).

Equipment: XV15 or XV25
Mont'ko'cha: burst cannon or fusion blaster, command markerlight, HW MT, bonding knife
Shas'vres: burst cannon or fusion blaster

Options: One in three models may select a flamer at +3 pts.

Special Rules:
Infiltrate, IC, Bodyguards
Trial by Fire: The Shas'vre Mont'ko'cha has a very specific objective. It could be wiping out a squad or killing an enemy, or other various thing. Before the game starts, but after deployment, choose an objective for the Shas'vre Mont'ko'cha. It must be anything do with gaining victory points. Once selected, it may not be changed. If the mission is successful, you gain double victory points for completing it. If it is failed, the enemy gets double victory points equal to whatever the objective is. All target priority checks are automatically passed to shoot at the target it if is an enemy model.

Gue'vesa Commander
gue'vesa'el 50 4 4 3 3 2 4 3 9 4+
gue'vesa'ui - 3 3 3 3 1 3 2 8 4+

Team: One gue'vesa'el and 4 gue'vesa'uis.

Equipment: All models may have either a lasgun, las pistol and CC weapon, pulse rifle, or pulse carbine.

Options: Gue'vesa'el may select from Tau Infantry Wargear, except for a bonding knife. One gue'vesa'ui may have a markerlight at +10 points. All may purchase EMP grenades at +3pts/model.

Special Rules:
Leadership: All gue'vesa within 12" of the gue'vesa'el may use his leadership for all Leadership checks.

Servant of the Tau: All gue'vesa count as Tau for the purposes of special rules in Codex: Tau Empire (i.e. Command and Control Node, etc)

Support Squad: One Gue'vesa Team, Gue'vesa Weapons Team, or Gue'vesa Sentinal Squadron may be taken in addition to Commander. It is a separate unit, but both are the same HQ choice.

XV 36 Defender Battlesuit (bodyguard) 0-1

shas'vre 40 3 3 4 5 2 3 2 8 2+

Equipment: XV 36 Defender Battlesuit. It is always equipped with a drone controller, and 1-2 shield drones. It may fill the other two hardpoints, and may select from the Tau battlesuit armoury.

Special Rules:
Bodyguard: may replace the bodyguard for a shas'o, and uses rules as if XV8 with modifications shown.
Heavy Armour: only move D6” in the assault phase.

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]P.S.[/glow][/shadow] this originally appeared in the Hub Tau forums, which you can go to (and join hint, hint) to see the first post of these.

Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Tau Redux

and here's the second section of my version of the Tau codex

Tau Redux Part 2 (Elites)

Crisis Team (as Tau Codex)

Special Rules:
Monats: One crisis team per detachment may be deployed as Monats for +5pts/model. The team is deployed as independent units in the same FOC slot, and are treated as such for all intents and purposes.

XV15 Stealth Battlesuits (as Tau Codex)

Options: Any member of the squad may exchange their burst cannon for a TL pulse carbine for free and one-third may select a flamer at +3 pts or a fusion blaster at +2pts.

Gue'vesa Strike Team
pts WS BS S T W A I Ld Sv
gue'vesa'vre 16 3 4 3 3 1 2 3 8 5+
gue'vesa'ui 10 3 4 3 3 1 1 3 8 5+

Team: 1 gue'vesa'vre and 3-7 gue'vesa'uis.

Equipment: pulse pistol and CCW, or pulse carbine

Options: Two models may be equipped with a meltagun at +10pts, a grenade launcher at
+8pts, or a flamer at +6pts. All models may purchase EMP grenades at +3pts/model.

Character: The unit must take a gue'vesa'vre at 16 points. He may select from the Tau Infantry Armoury.

Special Rules:
Scouts USR
Stealth USR

Tau Sniper Team
shas'ui 16 2 4 3 3 1 2 2 8 5+

Team: 4-8 shas'ui

Equipment: Tau sniper rifle (36” str X AP 4 Heavy 1, sniper(uses model's BS)). Photon grenades.

Options: Each member may select EMP grenades +3pts/model, carapace armour at +3pts/model, or fusion rounds at +2pts/model.

Special Rules:
Move Through Cover USR
Stealth USR

Nicassar Dhow 0-1

Nicassar 30 3 3 3 4 1 2 1 8 -/4+inv.

Team: 1-6 dhow

Equipment: None.

Special Rules:
Independent: Each Nicassar Dhow is independent of each other, and must join a Tau infantry squad, and may not leave.
Space Bound: Nicassar Dhow are mainly space fairing creatures, and as such are not used to the gravity of a planet, and are vulnerable to the pressure, and they must use their psychic powers to hold themselves up. While few Nicassar die from being on the planet, they must on occasion focus their powers to hold themselves up. Each turn roll a D6 per Dhow. On a 1, they may do nothing (the Force Field power is also rendered inactive) as they focus their powers to stop the planet from crushing them.
Force Field: This power shields infantry from enemy shooting. It grants a 5+inv against shooting to the squad they have joined. It is always active.
Telekinesis: This power tosses pieces of the terrain at the enemy. As a shooting attack, the Nicassar Dhow deals an 18”, Str 4, AP-, assault 1 blast attack on the targeted enemy squad.

Vespid Stingwing Elders

elder 24 3 4 3 5 1 5 2 7 4+
elder leader 32 3 4 3 5 1 5 2 10 4+

Team: 2-5 elders, 1 elder leader

Type: jump infantry

Equipment: Neutron Phaser (range 18”, str 6, AP 3, assault 1)

Special Rules:
Fleet USR
Skilled Rider USR

Quote:
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 04 Feb 2007, 00:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Tau Redux Part 3 (Troops)

Fire Warrior Team (as Tau codex)

Options: The team may select EMP grenades at +2 pts/model.

Character: A Shas'ui team leader may be bought for +5 points.

Kroot Carnivore Squad (as Tau codex)

XV 54 Halo Team

shas'la 16 2 3 3 3 2 1 7 4+
shas'ui +5 2 3 3 3 2 2 8 4+

Team: 4-8 shas'la

Type: Jump infantry (jetpack).

Equipment: XV 54 Halo battlesuit. Each model is armed with a pulse rifle or pulse carbine, and photon grenades.

Options: Each team member may select reinforced carapace at +3pts/model and/or EMP grenades at +2pts/model.

Gue'vesa Platoon
(1-2 Gue'vesa Teams, 0-1 Gue'vesa Weapons Teams)

gue'vesa'ui +6 3 3 3 3 1 2 3 8 5+
gue'vesa'la 6 3 3 3 3 1 2 3 7 5+

Gue'vesa Squad

Team: 6-12 gue'vesa'las

Equipment: Lasguns.

Options: One third of the squad (rounding down) may have pulse rifles or pulse carbines at +3 pts/model. All members may have EMP grenades at +3pts/model.

Character: One gue'vesa'la may be upgraded to gue'vesa'ui. The gue'vesa'ui can select from the Tau Infantry Wargear List, and may add a markerlight to any weapon he carries for +10 points.

Gue'vesa Weapons Team

Team: 4-8 gue'vesa'las

Equipment: lasguns

Options: 1 in every four members may carry a melta gun at +10 pts, a grenade launcher at +8pts, or a flamer at +6pts. All models may have carapace armor (4+ save) at +2pts/model.

Character: One gue'vesa'la may be upgraded to gue'vesa'ui. The gue'vesa'ui can select from the Tau Infantry Wargear List, and may add a markerlight to any weapon he carries for +10 points.

Stalker Team 0-2

shas'ui 17 2 3 3 3 1 2 2 8 5+
shas'la 12 2 3 3 3 1 2 1 7 5+
shaper 30 4 3 4 3 3 3 3 8 5+
kroot hound 8 4 0 4 3 1 5 2 7 5+

Team: 1 shas'ui, 1 shaper, 4-10 shas'la, 0-6 kroot hounds

Type: Infantry

Equipment: Shas and kroot shaper all have either pulse carbines or pulse pistol and close combat weapon. Kroot hounds have their claws and fangs to use in close combat.

Options: All models may be armed with photon grenades at +1pt/model or EMP grenades at +3pts/model (exclude kroot hounds, as they can't hold grenades, but they still do benefit from the photon grenades, if taken)

Special Rules:
Scouts USR
Stealth USR
Move Through Cover USR
Quote:
Old 04 Feb 2007, 00:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Tau Redux Part 4 (Fast Attack)

Pathfinder Team (as Tau Codex)

Character: A Shas'ui team leader may be bought for +5 points.

Gun Drone Squadron (as Tau Codex)

Piranha Squadron (as Tau Codex)

Vespid Stingwings (as Tau Codex)

Piranha Squadron TX-42 (as Tau Codex)

pts FA SA RA BS
piranha 80 11 11 10 3(4)

Type: skimmer, fast, open-topped

Team: 1-3 piranhas

Equipment: Each TX-42 has a TL fusion blaster and a targeting array.

Options: Each TX-42 may replace its TL fusion blaster with TL missile pods at no cost, TL plasma rifle at +12pts or TL railrifles at +10pts each. It may take options that a piranha can take from the Tau vehicle armoury.

Gue'vesa Sentinals

pts WS BS S FA SA RA I A
sentinal 35 3 3 5 10 10 10 3 1

Type: walker, open-topped

Team: 1-3 sentinals

Equipment: Each sentinal must be armed with a multi-laser at +10pts, a missile pod at +12 pts, a autocannon at +15pts, or a missile launcher (no frag) at +15pts.

Options: Each sentinal may take a targeting array at +10pts, or a blacksun filter at +3pts., pr a shield generator (no longer open-topped) at +15pts.

Tau Dartfish

pts FA SA RA BS
Dartfish 85 12 11 10 3

Type: skimmer, tank

Team: 1 dartfish

Equipment: The Dartfish has one weapon from the following list: TL heavy burst cannons (36" str 6, AP 5, assault 3) at +15pts, TL plasma cannons (48" str 7, AP 2, Heavy 2) at +30pts, TL fusion cannon (24" str 8, AP 1, heavy 1, blast) at +35pts, missile launchers (36" str 7, AP 4, Heavy 4) at +25pts. It also may take Hammerhead secondary weapons if it wishes.

Options: The Dartfish may take any of the options provided by the Tau vehicle armoury.

Special Rules:
Transport: The Dartfish may carry up to eight models, and one may be designated as a dedicated transport (thus not using a FO slot) to a Pathfinder Team, and an Honour Guard (Ethereal or Commander), each.

XV44 Lightning Team 0-1

shas'ui 28 2 3 4 4 2 2 2 8 3+

Team: 2-4 shas'ui

Type: jump infantry (jetpack)

Equipment: XV44 Lightning Battlesuit. You must choose weapons as an XV8.

Special Rules:
Too Fast: The maximum range of all weapons on an XV44 is 18”. Targeting arrays negate the range decrease, and provide no bonus to BS, regardless of whether the range is improved or not.
Too Furious: The movement of an XV44 is 12” in the movement phase, along with the assault move, and they may not use target locks.
Quote:
Old 04 Feb 2007, 00:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Tau Redux Part 5 (Heavy Support)

Hammerhead Gunship (as Tau codex)

Sniper Drone Teams (as Tau codex)

Skyray Missile Defense Gunship (as Tau codex)

Options: The SMDG may select an Alpha Strike Array at +15pts. This lets the Skyray fire as many of its own seeker missiles as possible. Once per game, declare you are using the ASA. You must hit with both of the networked markerlights of the Skyray, and if you do, you can launch as many seeker missiles at the target as you want, provided they are all from the Skyray.

XV88 Broadside Battlesuit Team (as Tau codex)

Options: The team may take reinforced armour at +10pts/model. It increases the users Toughness to 5 for the purposes of instant death only.

Fire Eel

pts FA SA RA BS
Fire Eel 110 12 12 10 3

Type: skimmer, tank

Team: 1 Fire Eel.

Equipment: Ion Barrage Cannon (G60" str 3, AP 3, Heavy 3, blast), Hammerhead secondary weapons at above points cost

Options: The Fire Eel may select any upgrade from the Tau vehicle armoury.

Gue'vesa Heavy Weapons Platoon
(1-2 Gue'vesa Heavy Weapons Teams)

gue'vesa'la 6 3 3 3 3 1 2 3 8 5+

Team: 6 gue'vesa'la

Type: infantry

Equipment: Lasguns. 3 members must be upgraded to have a heavy bolter at +10pts, a missile pod at +12pts, an autocannon at +15pts, or a missile launcher (no frag) at +15pts.

Well, here are the first 5 of these. Hopefully I'll get the rest up ASAP. I just have to type it and make it look pretty

Cheers!
Quote:
Old 04 Feb 2007, 00:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

well i dont think theres a single thing wrong in the codex we have i dont see anythign wrong in what you've done so.... yeah good job?

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 02:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm drooling over the Gue'vessa.

Now I'm going to have to murder your darlings... although most of it is just-

A: Completely unfluffy.
B: Redundant, confusing, conflicts with rules or is completely unfair.

From the top!

The battlesuit armory is already dizzying. While non-suited commanders are an excellent idea, the armory's flipping larger than the battlesuit armory! Some things are just too complicated for smooth gameplay, and others are a little too close-combat oriented. Do some trimming, and all will be well.

For the Gue'vessa commanders, why would you take a lasgun if you could take a pulse rifle? Remove that choice and make the laspistol a pulse pistol, just to remove redundancy. (Not being harsh here, but it IS confusing.)

The Monat's should forget even 6" coherency, and just be deployed separately and completely alone. They are lone wolves, and lone wolves don't get scared if other lone wolves die, they are "alone". I'd say make "Monats" a 0-1 choice, and you deploy three suits separately.

Remove special weapons from Gue'vessa strike team. Like I said, Tau doctrine means that they all have special weapons, or none of them do.

For the snipers, how does a sniper weapon use BS? If it's sniper, it hits on a 2+, period.

NO HEAVY WEAPONS FOR FIRE WARRIORS!!! FIRE WARRIORS ARE NOT MARINES!!! Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Two things; a: a 18" burst cannon isn't a very good tactical choice when the rest of the squad's weapons are 30", and b: a burst cannon, compared to a Tau, is flipping huge. So HOW do people think they can carry them?

The Halo Team is too much like Marines with jetpacks, which is completely unfair. Cut it out. If not, at least remove the choice for reinforced carapace. Fleet is redundant and not needed for a jet packer.

Once again, on Gue'vessa squads remove Gue'vessa special weapons, but give them more pulse weapons (maybe half, I dunno)

The Stalkers make close combat Tau. Kill them, or risk dying a horrible death from anti-CC realists.

For the Sentinel, they are all valid options, but I'd like to see a "shield generator" to make the thing enclosed for 20 points.

The Dartfish confuse me... are they ad-hoc transports that carry random squads around, or weapon platforms? And I think you're thinking of plasma rifles and fusion guns. CANNONS are COMPLETELY different.

WHAT is an Ion Barrage Cannon?

Turn the Weapon Teams into actual teams. As in they form teams, not 3 heavys and 3 meatshields.

"No, you can't put a Lascannon there; the Machine God will have a tantrum and turn the universe inside out."

balistafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 03:49   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

Like he said, do some trimming and all will be well. Namely, like what he said, the CC-geared troops. Tau units are generally supposed to die in Close Combat, but I do like the "defender" Suit. However, I don't think a Mass Class "3" would really work (2x as heavy as an XV-25). I think something about the same size as a XV-8 would be better. Kind of thinking he is going to be playing the role of the Line-Backers in Football-To keep the Big Uglies away from your Little Uglies. Maybe move the XV-44 to the XV-34?

And what of the Fire Eel? Right now, it's sounding like a bit of an IonHead, but that could just be me(and people have a tenancy to put two things which share some characteristics under the same grouping).

For the TX-42's, I don't think they are necessary. Sure it would be nice to have some mobile heavy weapons, but IMO fast-moving skimmers shouldn't be able to tote Rail Rifles and the like. Those are best left to the Heavy Support section.

Edit: I found a thread about it, and it's not supposed to be used as I was envisioning, so sure. I dunno though. S10 AP1. Keep thinking the gun would throw the Skimmer backwards, or atleast do some big damage.

Essentially, I like:
-Human Auxilaries
-XV-44's Main Idea
-Suitless Commanders and their presence
-"fluff" about the commanders taking the suits

I Dislike:
-Close Combat units
-Heavy Weapons on units with "Fast" and "Skimmer" describing the same vehicle. (Exception: If the vehicle's meant to "sprint" short distances, wait a turn and fire, then sprint again.)
-Suit Designations. I think I read somewhere the number is 2x the amount of mass of the number before it, with "1" being that of an average Shas'la(doubling his weight when it is put on). A "2" would be double the weight of a "1" suit, a "3" double the "2", or quadruple the "1" "5" would be sixteen times the weight, and 9 is FIVE HUNDRED TWELVE(!) times the weight of a "1." a "0" could be limb/body enhancements (light enough that it's not cumbersome/a suit. More like joint strengtheners, to help them carry heavy things, or to keep their weapons still)
-No light transport(it did shock me, as I think that's what the Tau would want/need, instead of being followed by tanks.)
-"Too Fast/Too Furious" names :P Just the names
-Tau in the Stalker groupings(put in Kroot'ui and 'la). Humans wouldn't be the only ones to receive "privileges"
-Any heavy basic infantry. Tau just don't do it.
-Gue'vesa'vre. I don't think humans would be trusted enough to be (eligible) battle-suit captains, but that's just me. Leaders/troopers sound fine.
-Tau in Carapace Armor(just give them a suit designated with Mass Class 0, but keep the stats the same.)

Good job on the work put into this though. I do not mean to stunt your development of what you think the Tau forces should look like, but keep with precedent. The Tau as a whole (AFAIK) either stay put and blast everything in sight, or shoot, run away, shoot, etc... not Run in, smash, repeat. Again, good effort, just needs some trimmings/modifications. can't wait for the next piece

Michael
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 04:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Pretty impressive compling of all of that stuff. Some is redundant and CC units should be left to the Kroot.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 05:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

A few things:

Niccassar are slightly undercosted. If you make the force field switch off while they're suffering stupidity, that'd probably balance them.

I didn't see point costs listed for vespid eldars.

I'd really appreciate some big bold titles seperating out the different force org types and so forth. The wall of text gets kinda harsh after a bit.

All in all though, some good, interesting work. Nice job!

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote