Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do All Your 'Suits and 'Heads Have Magnets
Old 26 Jan 2005, 03:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to amun-her-kepshef
Default Do All Your 'Suits and 'Heads Have Magnets

Do you do all of your Crisis Suits, Hammerheads, and Broadsides with Magnets so that you can switch out their armament? If not magnets, do you just blu-tac the weapons in place during games? Or do you stick with one setup for every game? Or do you actually have all the different models with different setups?

Just a newbie trying to find out. ;D

"What's the difference between an optimist and a pessimist?
An optimist says 'The drink is half full.'
A pessimist says 'The drink is half full. But I might have colon cancer.' "
-The Kids in the Hall

amun-her-kepshef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2005, 04:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: Do All Your 'Suits and 'Heads Have Magnets

Based on what I've seen, I'd say your best option is for the magnets. However, I built all of mine before thinking of such a thing, and I can tell you it sucks. Use the magnets!
Old 26 Jan 2005, 04:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I belive magnets to be the best but as I cant get a hold of them I simply jam the weapons in and the paint friction holds them together.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
dizzygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2005, 04:19   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I went with blue-tac on the Crisis. *I actually bought an extra HH sprue so I could swap out the drone guns. *My commander was built long before I even intended to play Tau as an army, so he is stuck with twin-linked plasma rifles and a bloody sword. *I have another one stuck with twin burst cannons on the shoulders and a hand weapon built out of a Battlefleet Gothic Eldar battleship. *Poor thing doesn't get to see battle very often, I'm afraid.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2005, 04:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanaris
I went with blue-tac on the Crisis. I actually bought an extra HH sprue so I could swap out the drone guns. My commander was built long before I even intended to play Tau as an army, so he is stuck with twin-linked plasma rifles and a bloody sword. I have another one stuck with twin burst cannons on the shoulders and a hand weapon built out of a Battlefleet Gothic Eldar battleship. Poor thing doesn't get to see battle very often, I'm afraid.
bugger, time to break out the craft knife khanaris? I've had to adjust many models that way over the years ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
dizzygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2005, 04:34   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

We had this grand idea down at the model shop to play Virtual On! with battlesuits. Remember Virtual On?

http://www.virtualon.net/
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2005, 06:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Crisis suits - most weapons will fit in place neatly without magnets or blu-tac after painting.. thats what i've done
HH - Atm i've used blu-tac, although it holds, it still tends to fall off every now and then and the railgun droops down.. so i'm planning on getting some magnets for that, to secure the 't' front turret piece to the chasis and the main gun to its mount..
Old 26 Jan 2005, 11:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

ive only got 5 crisis so far but they are all glued to fireknifes.. And I think thats the best set for them so they have to stick.
Al though I did mount a few different weapons before, like burst cannons, fusion blasters and so on.. But with my knife and some blood I managed to swap them!
Old 26 Jan 2005, 12:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I use to use blu-tac until I started losing a bunch of weapons, so now I just glue em all on. it's not a problem, if I want to change them, I'll take out my hobby knife and cut it off and shape down the new one to fit. I don't switch my Crisis configs. hardly ever anyway.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
ButterRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2005, 02:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Definately use magnets!!! I built my shas'o with magnets on both his arms, and right shoulder. I just used the cheap magnets that you can get from Wal-mart that comes in long strips, then I just cut a rectangle to size and carve out a groove where the weapon would normall sit. Then I filled down one of the little "nubs" on a weapon and added a different polarity (very important to test that ) to the weapon itself. The main configuartation that is on my Shas'o is Shield Gen on right arm, Plasma Rifle on left arm, and Rocket Pod on the right shoulder. LOL, I didn't even bother painting or putting on a magnet on the flamer!!!
If anyone wants pictures they're going to have to tell me how to do it, cause I don't know how!!! L8r, Hope this helps
Shasel_Aunat is offline   Reply With Quote