Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

O'Shovah for HQ?
Closed Thread
Old 25 Jan 2005, 20:23   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default O'Shovah for HQ?

I chose the Tau cuz I like to blow things up with big, bad weapons. O'Shovah seems to capture the essence of that statement, but is he good? i'm kinda new, so please explain.
Old 25 Jan 2005, 20:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: O'Shovah for HQ?

he's value for money on his own but IMO the restrictions he places on the lists are too much, Rjay and Butteroll should be able to give commentary as tey pay enclave themselves.

my opinion: he's good but his restrictions are too bad.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 26 Jan 2005, 02:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ahh, an Enclave enthusiast. Hmm. Well, it all depends on how you are planning to play your tau. He's one of the most well-rounded character IMO in 40k, as he possesses the PR ( Rapid Fire, S6, Anti-Marine right there ), an invulnerable save with his shield gen., has WS 5! ( incredible for a Tau) and gets 4 attacks with the Dawn Blade. He's also a Monstrous Creature and can basically take down almost anything you put in front of him. I've taken down Tyrants, Fex's, IG Inquisitors, even sacrificing him to take down the Bloodthirster! ( A day I shall not forget ;D), Yet most Tau players find his restrictions costly, especially Kroot lovers. I never used Kroot in the first place so really his list restrictions didn't bother me. Plus, the Ork Upgrade can really make your Tau not only lethal in shooting but make them a threat in CC. I've taken Flamer XV8's with this, as well as Human Aux.'s which almost makes up for the Kroot ( almost ). If your interested in the Enclave, pm me or Rjay.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 26 Jan 2005, 02:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

yeah, One HH and no kroot (bar the 11pt human Aux. w/ ork fighter) just dont make up for O'shovah and the upgrade For Me.
go here
Old 26 Jan 2005, 12:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well seeming as i've been mentioned in this thread i may as well post here, though basically it will be rather similar to what ButterRoll has to say, so here goes:

O'Shovah in my opinnon is the best model available to the Tau, his killing ability is so great that there a very few things you cannot take out with him, these being Greater Daemons of Chaos and the Eldar Avatar, anything else he can basically handle. Although because of this his limitations are rather nasty unless the issue of not being able to have kroot, gun drones or ethereals does not bother you. Although as stated by ButterRoll the Kroot can near enough be replaced by Human Auxiliaries. Also some people cant live without more than one Hammerhead, or more than one squad of Stealth, or Broadsides. So basically if these models you feel you can live without too many of then go for it.

Though i recommend if you have the money you should buy him anyway, as he is a great model to make, convert and paint because of his originality. Plus you can play with him then and test it, if it works then fine use him other wise its only one model. As previously said if you have any other queries then feel free to pm me or post again in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 26 Jan 2005, 14:08   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah I don't really like kroot, and hate ethereals, but the gun drones i do like. Human Auxes seem like a good replacement for the kroot though, and even with only one of each heavy choice i still have almost all those slots filled. thanks for the help
Old 26 Jan 2005, 19:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

IMO, Etherals ad BS and maybe stealths are no big loss, but one HH really hurts when you get over 1500pts, and mark my words, Humans are not Kroot. compare the stat line and the special abilities and then notice that you get that terrific increase for 1pt.

I love the O'shovah model, and the in game character is great, the disadvantages can be played around in lower games, but if you're planning to play large armys I'd seriously consider how it will affect your choices (and realize that you can only have 3 crisis teams ;D)
go here
Old 26 Jan 2005, 19:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygamer
IMO, Etherals ad BS and maybe stealths are no big loss, but one HH really hurts when you get over 1500pts, and mark my words, Humans are not Kroot. compare the stat line and the special abilities and then notice that you get that terrific increase for 1pt.

I love the O'shovah model, and the in game character is great, the disadvantages can be played around in lower games, but if you're planning to play large armys I'd seriously consider how it will affect your choices (and realize that you can only have 3 crisis teams ;D)
You can still play with only one Hammerhead above 1500 pts and you can still win with only one Hammerhead above 1500 points, in fact my usual matches are 2000 points, although you do have to rely more on what you have especially the Crisis. This is where Bodyguards are helpful in big matches to boost the battlesuit number up as they will be the most important due to the lack of loads of heavy weapons. So there you go laxmasta101 both sides of the coin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 26 Jan 2005, 19:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

it just worries me going in w/ only one proper railgun. I agree it can be done but its just the onemoveable ailgun that gets me.

can you show him your list to give him an idea of the constraints imposed?
go here
Old 27 Jan 2005, 01:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I don't have much time but I'll summarize my current list:
O'Shovah
2 3 man Crisis squads
1 6x Stealth XV15
3 FW squads ( all fishes)
10 man Human Aux. squad ( more to come)
(soon Tetras)
1 3 man BS squad
HH

I just did a really quick summarization of what I usually take, but I play all mobile except for the Aux's and Sides.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Closed Thread