Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis suit configurations
Closed Thread
Old 09 Jan 2007, 21:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to NileChild
Default Crisis suit configurations

Hey, all, I have a question about XV8 configs. I'm only familiar wiht fireknife and burning spear patterns, but see helios, burning eye and others around this forum. Could someone(s) please explain the common configurations and what they're good at, seeing as I'm a noob, i don't know much about strategy, but do know that crisis suits are one of the msot improtant aspects of tau forces. Thanks.

Old 09 Jan 2007, 21:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Crisis suit configurations

http://www.forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=4815.0

scroll a bit down, until you get to Tactics Threads: and click on the link to XV8 Battlesuit Configs/Tactics. Anyhow, the other topics are also worth the time to read.
Draws: 0
Defeats: 0
Old 09 Jan 2007, 22:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to NileChild

Thanks, that helps a ton....great topics.

Old 18 Jan 2007, 23:38   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I have a question about painting these crisis suits of armor. because they come with multiple pieces of weaponry, and somethimes they dont all fit. Is there an idea to help me out with that. Or, can I just glue on the baddest, meanest looking gun and then declare what gun I really am using at the outset of a table match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileChild
Hey, all, I have a question about XV8 configs. I'm only familiar wiht fireknife and burning spear patterns, but see helios, burning eye and others around this forum. Could someone(s) please explain the common configurations and what they're good at, seeing as I'm a noob, i don't know much about strategy, but do know that crisis suits are one of the msot improtant aspects of tau forces. Thanks.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 01:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod
I have a question about painting these crisis suits of armor. because they come with multiple pieces of weaponry, and sometimes they don't all fit. Is there an idea to help me out with that. Or, can I just glue on the baddest, meanest looking gun and then declare what gun I really am using at the outset of a table match?
You have to use the gun you desire to use on your battlesuit. For example, if you want to use a burst cannon, then you must have the burst cannon on your battlesuit. If you want to configure your battlesuits differently after each game, you could try using blue tack to make is stick and be easily removable.

Snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
The sacrament of Dakka can be expressed only by those who have experienced it. It is a holy sacrament (of fire) that states "We are firing our guns at you. Die."
Old 19 Jan 2007, 02:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hmm..

I see a Variation that can be applied to Malveaux Crisis suits doctrine.

Generally in 1500 points or less you won't see more than 6 suits. In the Guide it says you should give your suits a role, which I agree with, with the advent of the targetting computer (+1 BS), there is a facility for Crisis Suits with access to wargear to increase their BS.

The increased BS allows them to have more capability to hit thus more reliability and thus allows for a variations in their effectiveness at Roles. My favourite is a Tau HQ with 2 Bodyguards each with targetting computer which gives em BS 5, and 2 of 4 with Missile Pod and Plasma Rifle they are very effective.

They have a constant rate of fire which is reliable because of the BS, they cost a bit more, but they are very effective and devastating to the Enemy.

In a 2000 point game where I add in a squad of Regular Crisis Suits I go for the Twin Linked weapons and Fire Knife on the officer as he will have a Targetting Array.

Closed Thread