Old 01 Jan 2007, 18:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: silly vespid question

Yes, yes they are.
SpacePuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2007, 19:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah they are all metal so they will be expensive. Buying the seperate blisters will be more expensive than buying the larger box. Round out your forces with the blisters.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2007, 20:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Yes, they are metal.
The box squad is also the ONLY way to get a strain leader.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2007, 18:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx

Personally I think the models look horrible....they don't remind me of wasps at all, save for that stinger...

I'd remove the jump-packs off your old XV15's and strap them to some Fire Warriors, give em cool weapons converted out of Pulse Carbines and maybe a Gauss Flayer...you're good to go.

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2007, 03:31   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Another thing to watch out for are those damn antennae. If they come off (and it is all too easy to break them), you will have a miserable time trying to glue them back on. Nothing less than contact accelerator will work. There just isn't enough to bond to. So be very careful when you are cleaning them.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2007, 01:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY

I never thought of the antennae coming off (oddly enough, it is obvious) but what was a real problem for me was getting them off the sprues. I had to use wire cutters to get them off, and then trim the excess carefully with a hobby knife. Grr...never had that problem with BattleTech figs...
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
TimberwolfCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2007, 18:52   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Firebird4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Firebird4Life

My Vespids were the most poorly manufactured pieces of junk I've ever seen. The metal was soft and gritty, half the stuff was already bent all over the place, and they're a pain in the @$$ to get off the pieces.

I dunno how GW manufactured these, but they look horrible. They're also very not cool in appearance. I've bent half the antennae already (as someone else said). They're also a pain to glue, they don't wanna stay in place.

Has anyone else noticed that all the Tau's allies are a pain in the butt to put together? I'm sersiously considering just fielding Tau only because of that reason; the Vespids and Kroot just don't wanna go together...
Old 08 Jan 2007, 18:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like 'em. Thier all metal, 3 peaces, head, body, and wings. I personally like thier look, everything but the head looks good IMO. Thier head, unfortunatly, remindes me of a dunce cap. If you don't want to dish out as much cash for them, then go to ebay, or find an online retailer that offers discounts. Spending a little time serching IS worth it.

I used the GW clippers to get the bits off, it's much easier that way. I personally went all out and made a unit of 11 all at once. I bought the big army box, so I probably got one of the first batches of vespids which were horrible, they obviously were rushing through production and pulling the mini's out of the molds to quickly, so the metal diden't cool off enough, and some of the details were lost. I even had to call in for a replacment of 2 of them because the metal literally spilled out of the model and cooled as a pool of metal along the side of the model. The one's I got from blister, far after the initial release, were of much better quality, so I don't think you'll have problems with the model. The antaine are indeed vulnerable to being ripped off, but thier easy enough to avoid if your careful, just bend them into place once, and leave them alone, or you could just clip them all off :-\.
Old 08 Jan 2007, 18:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
Yes, they are metal.
The box squad is also the ONLY way to get a strain leader.
Actully if you do a mail order you can get the individual parts for the leader (at least in the UK you can-i'm not sure about elsewhere)
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote