Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stealth suits worth it?
Closed Thread
Old 19 Jan 2005, 20:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin
Default Stealth suits worth it?

Well, i bought 2 packs of xv 15 stealth suits, 2 for 10 bucks, not bad, and i got 2 shas ui's. they didnt have any more regular suits, so now i have two leaders, but hey, i got 6, just what i wanted, now i want to know, how handy will they be? are they only good for small battles, or good for large ones as well? Just want to know, cuz i got them now..

DH
W:24:2:L:4
Old 19 Jan 2005, 20:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Re: Stealth suits worth it?

yeh they can be handy all the time..harrassing, sniping rear armour, infiltrating, taking objectives....great multi-purpose unit, they tend to work best vs. non power armoured opponents but even then they really are a great point for point unit. Useful in patrol mission size too i find....a nice squad of 6 (or less in smaller games) should be able to fit in and do an important role in most places...
Old 19 Jan 2005, 20:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin

sweet, cuz i have 6 now. and from what i do see as rules, they do look awesome. how about having 2 squads of 6 and only like 2 crisis suits? or do u prefer a good amount of crisis suits?

DH
Old 19 Jan 2005, 20:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

They're good
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 19 Jan 2005, 20:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsujin
sweet, cuz i have 6 now.* and from what i do see as rules, they do look awesome.* how about having 2 squads of 6 and only like 2 crisis suits?* or do u prefer a good amount of crisis suits?
Realisticly you want quite a few Crisis because of their diversity, especially with their weaponry, 2 squads of 6 Stealth could work, but i would only do that in 2000+ games...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 19 Jan 2005, 20:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

ok, so one is enough. and the rest fill with crisis suits eh? probably for like 1850 though..

DH
Old 19 Jan 2005, 21:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd take two squads of Crisis with ya, one with fireknife and the other either 'tank hunters' or 'anti-infantry' squads.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 19 Jan 2005, 21:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Im goin with 5 Stealths, but also 5 crisis, 2 of them being HQ for that little extra hitting power!
Old 19 Jan 2005, 21:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

by 2 HQ's you mean Shas'O/El with bodyguard?

if you do mean that, I wouldn't take that bodyguard, as it's a bit of a waste of points IMO and I like having my Shas'O/El being an IC. I'd then split the Crisis squads in 2 groups of 2.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 20 Jan 2005, 00:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterRoll
I'd take two squads of Crisis with ya, one with fireknife and the other either 'tank hunters' or 'anti-infantry' squads.
Why would you take an anti- infantry crisis team over a larger stealth team of the same amount of point? Not only that but that same stealth team also comes with the stealth suit and night fight special rules. I myself never take anti- infantry crisis over stealthies as i see my XV8s value in taking out my opponents best units.
Closed Thread