Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Toughest of the Traitors
Closed Thread
Old 19 Jan 2005, 00:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Toughest of the Traitors

In your opinion, what's the hardest/toughest/complicated Chaos army for Tau?

I'm going to say Thousand Sons and Tzeentchian armies usually obliterate Tau, yet the Word Bearers have also gave me some past troubles.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 19 Jan 2005, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Toughest of the Traitors

Firstly, the Word Bearers give everyone trouble.. what with thier mass amounts of mixed demons..

Secondly, in reponse to your question, I'd figure it'd either be the World Eaters.. assumign they make it to combat, the Tau are done.... or the Iron Warriors.. They might be one of the only forces that could Out-shoot the tau.

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 19 Jan 2005, 01:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Iron Warriors or Alpha Legion (Alpha can infiltrate)
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 19 Jan 2005, 01:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Helderin Send a message via MSN to Helderin

Don't have experience with Chaos armies, I would think that melee god...Khornesh I think would give some trouble, what with all the meleeness and all.

Iron Warriors can be a pain to fire warriors, with all those heavy bolters, and they're a shooty army that out-shoots the Tau.

Plague Marines could be a toughy. With all that added toughness and bonuses we don't get the upper hand with our Pulse Rifles anymore.

Yeah, Khorne, Plague, and Iron Warriors are my votes.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 01:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

oh man, forgot Iron Warriors. They dominated my Enclave at a RT last year.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 19 Jan 2005, 12:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Brother-Captain

Actually Helderin Khorne seems to be one of the easier of the Chaos Legions to deal with, not saying that Tau beat them around, but since they mostly have to go for the CLOSEST unit when they berserk, you can easily lure them away from your battleline with a few decoys.

Iron Warriors are a nightmare to fight for Tau as they back all the hitting power of Space Marines up close, but they bring extra tanks and heavy artillery.

Word Bearers are disgusting for EVERYONE to fight, they have just to many demons, and their normal troops can be bolstered with the Demegogue ability that their lords get.

Also, Plague marines, Tau begin to loose their heavy firepower advantage with these guys, not to mention the fact that the Great Unclean One is a monster to fight, the ammount of damage it can take is disturbing.

"Death is but a passing into a new existance, Heresy is the only true form of death, as it leads to damnation." -Attributed to Cheif Librarian Varcus

If you feel like striking up a good conversation, Warhammer related or otherwise, contact me on my AIM name (Specter Zerus)
Old 19 Jan 2005, 12:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I'd say fast hitting armies such as night lords would provide the most problems as they also have pretty respectable firepower.

'Iron Warriors.. They might be one of the only forces that could Out-shoot the tau.'

Many armies can quite comfortably outshoot the tau, for raw devastating firepower i don't rate the tau at all as that is not their strength and was never intended to be.

Alpha legion would also provide problems with mass infiltrating cultists, they are very cheap and will hit your lines quickly, the downfall of cultists is that they can be delt with by most armies with a half decent combat squad, but you would need a lot of kroot in your tau force to do this. They are also backed up by the alpha legion marines themselves who are usually few in number but kitted out with grenades, infiltrate etc and can be quite dangerous, particularly when you are preoccupied with cultists.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 13:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's interesting that everyone has a different opinion.

My vote would be for Word Bearers... daemon bomb bikers would be pretty nasty to fight since they can get up close and personal very quickly.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 15:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Brother-Captain

To Arguleon-veq : I didn't even think about Alpha legion, but yeah they would be very dangerous to Tau, but I think one sure way to counter it is to try and set up behind only one or two pieces of terrain, take a stealth team to hide in that terrain and hope you win the infiltration roll.

Also, I think so far we have a general concenses that Word Bearers are one of the most dangerous Chaos armies against tau. Any ideas how to beat these guys?

"Death is but a passing into a new existance, Heresy is the only true form of death, as it leads to damnation." -Attributed to Cheif Librarian Varcus

If you feel like striking up a good conversation, Warhammer related or otherwise, contact me on my AIM name (Specter Zerus)
Old 19 Jan 2005, 16:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nightlords? Can't they have like...all Raptors!
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Closed Thread