Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Names for Crisis Configurations
Closed Thread
Old 17 Jan 2005, 21:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Helderin Send a message via MSN to Helderin
Default Names for Crisis Configurations

EDIT: All right I found the list of Tau Configuration names but I still have 2 Questions.

Anyone have any cool conversion ideas for Tau Battlesuits, namely their weaponry?

and do you think that a TL Plasma Rifle + MissilePod + HW Multi-Tracker configuration would fare well, considering my main opponent are Space Marines.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 00:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Names for Crisis Configurations

yes i believe that that config would fair pretty well against marines.. Just 1 thing. only your team leaders and HQ can use that config as normal XV8 cant take wargear. Also I would recommend you to use HH with Ion cannons.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 00:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Bah even though I hate it...I'll go with Fire Knife, but it just seems so over-done, and it's real effective too...it's got the plasma to take out the marines, even termies, and then the missile pods are real good for some extra dakka (Ork Talk!) or tank-busting.

How many Tau Suit Teams do you guys usually go with, at the moment I have 1 Shas'o, and 2 teams of 2, all using Fire Knife, and 1 team of Stealth Suits. I kinda wanna add another team of stealth suits and was wondering how you guys think I would fare?

And you think that, in higher point games of course, that two Shas'o's could be effective? For Fluff I could say the two commanders are brothers and have shared control of the Cadre. When undertaking small military action the two commanders split up the Cadre in two halves. Shas'o I taking the fast hitters (Stealth Suits, Pathfinders, Kroot) for quick assaults, while his brother Shas'o II takes heavy fire-power (Hammerheads, Bulk of the Firewarriors (in devilfish), Bulk of the Crisis suits). Their "Doctrine" (rules w/e) dictates that all members of the same niche are equal, so all Firewarriors carry the same equipment, all Battlesuits are configured the same way, all Tanks are equipped the same, etc. In large military assaults the two combine their forces for a fast and heavy hitting power, working in full cadre force. When not on military operations the two halves spend one half the day fighting training as seperate factions and the other half the day fighting as one group....I sense more fluff...must take notes.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 01:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah, all in all, Fireknife is the tried and true best config.

That's really cool fluff and all, but that's a bit too many points for your HQ. Your going to realize you need those extra pts. after you write an army list for them. But, it's your call.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 18 Jan 2005, 20:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I came up with one, but everyone thinks it's too wacky. (lol)

Nova Configuration - twin-linked fusion, flamer, 2 gun drones, multi-tracker, target lock

Basically the idea is that the gun drones provide cover fire while the XV8s own weapons are for eliminating vehicles and/or small, deep, entrenched enemy units like devestators or sniper scouts.
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Old 18 Jan 2005, 20:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I don't really need an anti-tank configuration, I got my Hammerheads for that, and Missilepods are good enough for popping rear armor.

I was thinking Fusion Blaster + Plasma Rifle + Multi-Tracker.

Now I just gotta find 5 fusion blasters, I ummm....threw mine out...
Old 18 Jan 2005, 20:37   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

re Aun'la: The target lock is redundant. The only battlesuit that could take that configuration is a commander (since it would need 3 hard-wired systems). That can be a fun configuration for a solo deep strike.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 21:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The target lock allows the drones to shoot one unit, say a nearby squad of IG or something, attempting to pin them at 18" range while the short range weapons deal with the XV8s objective unit, ideally something small and in cover where other Tau units are having trouble affecting it. Now that Marker Lights cause the resultant weapon shot to ignore cover saves, this config is a bit redundant in and of itself except for missions that allow Deep Strike where it becomes a real problem (in theory - having tried it yet).
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Old 18 Jan 2005, 21:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

in Deep strike missions, they work well for the most part. The only thing is you have to be very precise in your deep striking as just inches can mean some bloody assault or your XV8's.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 18 Jan 2005, 21:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What do you guys think of Plasma Rifle + Fusion Blaster + Multi-Tracker Combo, OR Missilepod + Fusion Blaster + Multi-tracker (that last one really seems to appeal to me)

And if I decided to go with TL Plasma Rifles, what should my 3rd Hardwire choice be.

AND I plan on giving all my suits the same configuration, for a regimental doctrinated feel. Is it a good idea?
Closed Thread