Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

If you could create a new Tau unit...
Old 15 Mar 2007, 10:23   #431 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to perfect enemy
Default Re: If you could create a new Tau unit...

what about having rail guns that hits everything along a straight line a bit like the WFB cannon its very fluffy as the projectiles are moving so fast there not going to stop just by hitting one person
Old 15 Mar 2007, 22:04   #432 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

I think that may be overpowering if they hit at the same Strength for each target. And the Cannon need to bounce to hit it correctly if I'm reading it right. However, you could probably get away with something along the lines of the Bolt Thrower. Modify the rules found on p.125 to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modified Rules
1 Align the Rail Rifle with the target.
2Resolve the damage at maximum strength.
3If a Penetrating hit is scored and a Vehicle Destroyed or Explodes result comes up, continue in a straight line going through the model.
4Continue rolling for damage, with the modifier -1S, +1AP on any (vehicle) model you hit.
5If another Penetrating hit is scored and the model is destroyed or explodes, continue to step 4.
It may be a bit overpowered if you could hit multiple infantry, so i left it to only being able to hit multiple vehicles, or if it hits a unit, it stops there.(because it is too low to go any further and hits the ground afterwards)

But I am a bit more biased to the RBT ;D *looks fondly at the two on my desk next to the Shades*
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2007, 03:56   #433 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfc Mo
I'd like to see that as an artillary piece. MOBILE HEAVY ARTILLARY (basilisk style ;D)
I'd like to see you learn how to spell 'artillery', before blasting it out in all caps. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
That looks interesting... Drop the blast, I'd say.

Here's what that makes me think:

[table]
[tr][td] [/td][td]Range[/td][td]S[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][td]Notes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coilgun[/td][td]48"[/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][td]Heavy 1[/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[/table]

Makes for a half-decent anti-vehicle weapon. It could be mounted on Pirahnas or somesuch.
Actually, scratch that, more like:

[table]
[tr][td] [/td][td]Range[/td][td]S[/td][td]AP[/td][td]Type[/td][td]Notes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Coilgun[/td][td]48"[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]Heavy 1[/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[/table]

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2007, 07:42   #434 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to see that as an artillary piece. MOBILE HEAVY ARTILLARY (basilisk style ;D)
I'd like to see you learn how to spell 'artillery', before blasting it out in all caps. :

Quote:

[table]
[tr][td]Coilgun[/td][td]48"[/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][td]Heavy 1[/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[/table]

Makes for a half-decent anti-vehicle weapon. It could be mounted on Pirahnas or somesuch.

[table]
[/table]

...aren't those stats the same, or am I missing the point of the post? ;D
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2007, 08:47   #435 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to perfect enemy

well this is where i got thr idea for the coil gun maybe it will help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilgun
Old 16 Mar 2007, 12:08   #436 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

as in the gauss cannon? reminds me of good old mechcommander gold...

that weapon was one of the most leathal as they made a blast seeing the shot was so powerful...
And because it doesnt need as much energy as a rail gun, you could easily minimize the coil gun into a rifle (something like tau's version of an assasin?)
i know we have sniper drones but i mean a unit that can take out different targets with different ammo. just like the imperial assasins?
Arcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2007, 16:03   #437 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralfagar
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

[table]
[/table]

[table]
[/table]

...aren't those stats the same, or am I missing the point of the post? ;D
Gah! It was supposed to be Strength 8... :

My bad.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 17 Mar 2007, 20:56   #438 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Id like to see more options for Gue'Vesa, and official models for them. Maybe a Spec Ops unit with Pulse Rifles. For conversions, take the SM scouts and give them tau arms and torsos, then make their hands bigger, with added finger, and voila.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 00:04   #439 (permalink)
Shas'O

It'd be nice, but no Pulse Rifles. There are no SpecOps Gue'Vesa, nor is there any particular need for them, much as I'd like them.