1750 pts tau konvents arme!

Max per typ:
HQ - 210pts 12%
elites - 365pts 20,8%
troops - 710pts 40,5%
Fast - 60pts 3,4%
heavy - 405pts 23,1%

Total units: 70 ( 5 XV8, 5 XV15, 52 FW, 5 drones, 2 'fishes, 2 HH, 1 XV88

Assault cadre Eldi T Shas'ka'suam( wing of sunfire)

HQ
Shas'el Doran'Nan T Va'por( Calm sword of Greatwater @ 110pts
Plasma rifle
Missilepod
Shield generator
hard-wired multi tracker

Bodyguard Yr Tol T Va'por( Experienced officer of Greatwater) @ 100pts
Plasma rifle
Missilepod
Shield generator
hard-wired multi tracker

Total - 210pts

Elites
Crisis team
XV8 @ 75pts
Plasma rifle
missile pod
Multi tracker
Bonded

XV8 @ 65pts
Plasma rifle
Missile pod
Multi tracker

XV8 @ 65pts
Plasma rifle
missile pod
Multi tracker

Total - 205pts

5 XV15/stealths @ 160pts
bonded

Total - 160pts

Troops
12 fire warriors @ 120pts

Total - 120pts

Total - 120pts

Total - 120pts

8 fire warriors @ 175pts
1 pulse carbine
Bonded
Devilfish
Flechette discharger

Total - 175pts

8 firewarriors @ 175pts
1 pulse carine
Bonded
Devilfish
Flechette discharger

Total - 175pts

Fast
5 gun drones
total 60pts

Heavy
Hammerhead @ 140pts
Ion cannon
2 burst cannons
multi tracker

Total - 140pts

Hammerhead @ 160pts
Railgun
2 burst cannons
Multi tracker

Total - 160pts

1 Broadside @ 105pts
Team leader
Shield generator
Hard wired Multi tracke

Total - 105pts

As for now there are 1750pts in the army. and IF Im goin to play 1700 Il just take away 5 fire warriors from the 3 big units!

The people of Va'por Still remember the disastrous day when the Gue'la landed on thier planet, thier smoking
engines polluting the air. As they where attacking by sunrise almost none had waken yet, only
the guards on duty where awake. Reacting with a warriors senses they raised the alarm as soon as the
Gue'la dropships where sighted. But something where different with those ships as they seemed almost
living by themselfes, and the soldiers knew, it was the forces of chaos that had found them, seeking to destroy
everybody that stand in thier way to galacticruleship, even killing thier own troops.

within minutes the base primary defence where online, fireing multiple clusters of small droid controlled missiles
into the approaching enemy. Several tainted ships where blown apart high up, thier foul cargo falling towards the
seas but without a sound of fear or pain coming over thier lips. But as the first ships took land the armoured beasts
of chaos began spitting thier fire all over the place, accurate missiles taking out the missile bases, so that the
following ships could land without trouble.

Even thought the chaos invasion was beaten back the people suffered great losses, amongst them Aun Va'ko
thier eldest Ethereal and Shas'ar'tol Hi'rais, who was cut in two by a greater deamon of Khorne as he led an assault
upon the foul beast along with his personal guards, who where able to fell the immense creature.

And even before the last chaos trtansport left the planet the Tau fleet followed them out into space. As a small
band of chaos ships broke out from the rest of the fleet, the second assault cadre Eldi T Shas'ka'suam where
ordered to follow the and hunt them down.

doing as they where told the left, firing long distant missiles into the enemy. But a warpstorm cought them leaving
them defenceless and drifting for several days. As the warpstorm drifted away, they found that they had survived it
wthout any cuasalties but the first navigator noticed something on his screen. According to it they had travelled
about 12000 light years since they had been hit by the storm.Obviously it was some foul trick made by any of the
chaos gods, to make sure they didnt catch up and obliterate thier minions.

Now on thier way home they have been forced to fight several times for and against different races to make sure they
survive, to tell thier story and incorporate several new races into the growing empire of Tau. But know one thing.
No matter what Shas'el Doran'Nan T Va'por commands his troops to do its all for the Greater Good!

Old 17 Jan 2005, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Aun Dolf
Default Re: 1700 pts tournament army

This seems like an alien tactic to me when playing Tau. I always want my enemy to split up so I can crush them, one unit at a time. I would definately not shepheard them into the middle. This might work for you I don't know..

Are you planning to tank shock a lot with your fishes? Otherwise I suggest removing the FDs and adding Decoy Launchers instead. Also remove the Team-Leader upgrade from your Broadside as well as the HW Multi-Tracker. You don't want to fire S5 and S10 weapons at the same target so many times. At least not for 15 points.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 21:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If u split the eney up there is a small chance of forgetting one unit and so allowing it to get to your lines unharmed. But if you herd them togheter u just need to pick the first 1-2 units per rount to keep his forces "stationary" which I think 24 FW, 2 HH and 1 XV88 would take care of easily!

I picked the team leader and HW multi tracker just bcz the enemy might draw close and its good to hae 4 s5 ttacks in reserve! Also i did it bcz i gave him the shield generator!
Old 18 Jan 2005, 02:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Easy on the exclamation marks there.

Most non-horde armies are going to always scatter their forces. Yet, if someone keeps their army 'stationary', their most likely going to get ripped apart by Tau. So, most smart players are going to know how to try to get you cornered.

i would also reconsider the pathfinders. They only use they have is markerlighting units for your heavy guns to take out. And do you really want to sacrifice those points because you can't hit on a 4+?

I'd take them out and their fish, and put in 2 more BS's.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 18 Jan 2005, 10:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Aight. there has been some small modifications..

Ive changed the Pathfinders for another 12 fire warriors and 5 drones..
Old 18 Jan 2005, 17:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Super. You'll find that just those extra FW's will really turn the tide of battle.

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 18 Jan 2005, 19:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

52 Fw should be able to wreak some havoc..
Old 18 Jan 2005, 19:52   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic
52 Fw should be able to wreak some havoc..
indeed.. but man what a PITA to paint em all lol

Old 18 Jan 2005, 21:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I find painting one to be a really fun part of the hobby. But, yeah, you'll never hear a tau player say, "you have too many FW's"

Old 18 Jan 2005, 22:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterRoll
I find painting one to be a really fun part of the hobby. But, yeah, you'll never hear a tau player say, "you have too many FW's"
Agreed. I've painted about 20 of them so far and am just to the point of 'i want to move onto the tanks and suits', but that is def half the fun.

That looks like a solid army list to, would like to hear how it fares in combat.
Closed Thread