Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Enclave Auxiliries
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Enclave Auxiliries

I play an Enclave - based army and was wondering if anyone else has took a human aux. squad and gave them the ork fighter upgrade ( i know its kinda expensive) but I've played it in 2 games so far, and they've been a great supplement. It's somewhat close to Kroot without the Terrain rules and with lasguns.

R. I. P. DIMEBAG DARRELL - YOUR LEGEND LIVES ON

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Re: Enclave Auxiliries

hmm, just thinking about that now, since kroot arent allowed to take the upgrade should auxiliaries be allowed to? just doesnt seem right but hey i dont poaly enclave...pricey as you say but id just try and especially as they cant take a transport to get them portecting mobile fire warrior squads i wouldnt take them...but if they serve you well then thats all that matters, good conversion oppertunities i suppose...just check the rules...
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Aun Dolf

Maybe not too good but, what is more important, very cool!
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

i guess they would have to be converted not only as fire warriors and IG but somehow with swords/shields to show they have ork fighter..all in all a well looking unit no doubt...just not sure if its legal!
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterRoll
I play an Enclave - based army and was wondering if anyone else has took a human aux. squad and gave them the ork fighter upgrade ( i know its kinda expensive) but I've played it in 2 games so far, and they've been a great supplement. It's somewhat close to Kroot without the Terrain rules and with lasguns.
I use Human Auxiliaries with Farsight and they also work for me too, plus they are mighty cool and converting them is fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
hmm, just thinking about that now, since kroot arent allowed to take the upgrade should auxiliaries be allowed to? just doesnt seem right but hey i dont poaly enclave...pricey as you say but id just try and especially as they cant take a transport to get them portecting mobile fire warrior squads i wouldnt take them...but if they serve you well then thats all that matters, good conversion oppertunities i suppose...just check the rules...
Kroot arent allowed the upgrade because kroot arent allowedfull stop with Farsight so that point has gone down the drain *:...
Also not everything has to be mobile so the fact they cant use a devilfish pays little dividence in my opinnion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun Dolf
Maybe not too good but, what is more important, very cool!
true... very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
i guess they would have to be converted not only as fire warriors and IG but somehow with swords/shields to show they have ork fighter..all in all a well looking unit no doubt...just not sure if its legal!
Swords and shields? its 40k, you dont actually have to show the ork fighter upgrade and if you did you certainly wouldnt give them swords or shields, maybe the odd Ork Choppa may be cool... and they are completely legal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

It's legal. I checked with my local GW and the codex states Enclave armies can take Human Aux's and also states "any unit in an Enclave army can take the ork fighter upgrade".

I basically use them as combat bait, so I can strike the enemy from the side with my fishes, HH and Crisis suits.

Plus, their Conversions are so FUN!, Two of them have chainswords, and the rest have whatever Dark Elf's little javelin things are called. ( sorry, dont play fantasy)

"The blink of an eye, you know it's me, you keep the dagger close at hand" - Opeth, "Demon of the Fall"
Old 13 Jan 2005, 17:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

swords and shields, 40k, commander farisght himself remeber! take the tau shield generators or even gun drones for big shields then a cc weapon, sowrd was a bit general but chainsaw anyhting would look cool! ahh so they are legal, i suppose they do pretty well then, would be better if they had a higher maximum squad size but i can see these guys doing fine against non-power armour opponents, especially if they outnumber them (thats why a higher squad number would be nice)
Old 13 Jan 2005, 18:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah, I love them. I might do that gun drone shield idea, didn't think of that. but yeah, playing nids', these guys plus my FW's make gaunts cry.

Old 13 Jan 2005, 18:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
swords and shields, 40k, commander farisght himself remeber! take the tau shield generators or even gun drones for big shields then a cc weapon, sowrd was a bit general but chainsaw anyhting would look cool! ahh so they are legal, i suppose they do pretty well then, would be better if they had a higher maximum squad size but i can see these guys doing fine against non-power armour opponents, especially if they outnumber them (thats why a higher squad number would be nice)
Its just the way you said it Swords and Shields sounds so, well fantasy.... An o Shovah has a shield generater so you wouldnt give human auxs that, so a 'shield' would be abit stupid as they dont use shields as such, the shield just represents the generater, which auxs cant be given...

When you say sword you practically mean some form of blade, so that makes sense, i just kept picturing roman soldier like things...

;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 13 Jan 2005, 18:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

if I really wanted to go off the edge, I could mount them on horses as Bretonnian Cavalry!

Closed Thread