Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Devilfish troopers
Closed Thread
Old 03 Dec 2006, 09:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Devilfish troopers

Now, this may sound like a silly question, but what rank would Devilfish Commanders/pilots/gunners be?
I was thinking probably 'Ui plus, but I wasn't sure...
Old 03 Dec 2006, 10:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Devilfish troopers

It may be a matter of preference or competence, so I'd guess its the same ranks as one would find in the rest of the troops.

There's quite a bit of automation, including the drones or hammerhead secondary turrets (burst cannon or SMS turrets, missiles being smart also themselves and so might be drones slaved to the targetting systems) so I'll assume two per devilfish, and three per hammerhead (wouldn't be surprised if it was just a gunner/commander and a pilot though).

Personal guesses would be:

Devilfish pilot: Shas'Ui (Devilfish are lightly armed, probably no need for a commander, perhaps a copilot though.)

Hammerhead: Pilot 'ui, commander 'vre.

Probably same deal for a skyray, unless it happens to double as a command vehicle... in which case perhaps someone suited for shas'el rank but not for battlesuit use (shows predisposition towards suit neurosis, or perhaps just didn't have the body for it from the beginning, perhaps even just most effective in here) might be here.

The skyray seems sensible as a 'command vehicle' in a way; being fitted with twin markerlight systems and meant to stay in the rear, its design would fit those wishing to command from one pretty well if a suit won't do...
Old 03 Dec 2006, 10:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
It may be a matter of preference or competence, so I'd guess its the same ranks as one would find in the rest of the troops.

There's quite a bit of automation, including the drones or hammerhead secondary turrets (burst cannon or SMS turrets, missiles being smart also themselves and so might be drones slaved to the targetting systems) so I'll assume two per devilfish, and three per hammerhead (wouldn't be surprised if it was just a gunner/commander and a pilot though).
Devilfish has just a pilot. He drives and fires the Burst Cannon. This is from IA 3.

Old 03 Dec 2006, 11:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks. You'll see the army fluff for me up in a few weeks. I wanted to make a story for every single noted man. ('Ui plus)
Might go on for a while, but it'll fit with the army as a whole.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 11:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Mine's way too tongue-in-cheek to post. Let's just say those I play with and I fight over far more important things than planets.

A plate of nachos is no good if you can't hold the cheese...
Closed Thread