Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I was wondering if this would make a decent story?
Old 02 Dec 2006, 15:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default I was wondering if this would make a decent story?

one tau is an out cast, he's dad was a fire caste and he's mom was a air caste and now he is on the run from the enthearils and all he wants to do is serve the greater good. but the tau shun him as a cross breed

(feel free to give ideas, critasism, hints and views)

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Old 02 Dec 2006, 15:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: i was just wondering if this would make a decent story

Just wondering, why is he on the run? Also, what does he have with him, gun, technology, or just supplies?
Old 02 Dec 2006, 15:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

It might work, but I don't see why he'd be on the run from the Aun. They forbid cross breeding of the castes, but I don't think there out to get any hybrids that pop up. If he still want's to serve the greater good, I'm sure the Aun would have no problem giving him a broom and sending him to some distant planet so no one would know about him.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 15:22   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

one day i just woke up with the idea, but to answer your questions:

equipment: pusle rifle, emp granades and surberb talking skills (because of his mom)

why is he running: the aun might not want other tau to start thinking that it is cool to inter breed and that if this dude can live on, they can start breeding with diffrent caste. and if they do that the special "abilties" of each caste will gradually disapear, weaking the tau empire.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 15:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

There is no evidence that inter-case breeding is alowed/dissalowed or possible/impossible.

Even if he is a half-breed it is highly likely that he would be accepted any way, given the Tau philosphy of the greater good
Solourus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 15:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

There is no cross breeding! EVER! The If you had an Air Caste + Fire Caste, what would he be? Frail with muscles? Heavy frame with few muscles? There is no point. It would never happen.
Read the Codex.
Read the Fluff.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 16:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Cross breeding IS not allowed, according to the fluff (I think it was in the old Codex) - punishable by death.

It would most probably produce mutants, or at least highly handicapped children - if it is possible at all.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 17:45   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: I was wondering if this would make a decent story?

It has never been allowed, but the old codex didn't mention the punishment either. We don't really know how often it happens despite the prohibition, or what happens to the offspring such unions produce. So you are pretty much free to be creative. I don't really see the Ethereals actively hunting a hybrid, though. I am guessing it would more be agents of the two castes he was derived from.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2006, 19:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Then again, if this whole thing got really big in the Tau world, then maybe some of them would considered it a sign of the bad times coming again.(I don't know the name 'cause I don't have my codex with me right now. Is it a mont-something?)
Old 02 Dec 2006, 20:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Rael: The word you're looking for is Mont'au.

SOME ONE: I don't think its really possible. Inter - caste breeding is forbidden by the Ethereals, and the Ethereal's grip over the Tau is all but absolute. The Ethereals' laws and beliefs are the cornerstone of Tau society. They would no more break that law then they would the Tau'va. It's too deeply ingrained in their psyche.

The Ethereals must have put in that law for a reason. Whenever I think of inter - caste unions, I think of the other Ripley clones in "Alien Ressurected" (basically a pathetic hybrid that exists in a more or less constant state of discomfort/pain). Perhaps not to the same degree, but something along those lines.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote