Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

As of now..
Closed Thread
Old 12 Jan 2005, 11:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin
Default As of now..

Well, since i started two days ago i do not have much of an army. I have a crisis battle suit and recently I got a hammerhead.
I was just wondering on what kind of color schemes you have on your guys and i was wondering what some of the parts were.

I know the pod with the 3 "balls" on it is the missile pod, the big antennae that goes on shoulder is the multi tracker and the plasma rifle is unmistakable. now i was looking in the codex and it showed a railgun for broadside weapons, it looks awefully alot like the fusion guns for crisis battlesuits, why is that? also, on the hammerhead what is that 3 pronged thing?
I am used to the old imperial technology but i will get familiar with this soon.

and the color scheme i have is shadow grey highlighted with space wolves grey and i have regal blue for dark parts, and skull white for detailing and ice blue when i want t do that brushing thing...

DH
W:24:2:L:4
Old 12 Jan 2005, 11:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: As of now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsujin
Well, since i started two days ago i do not have much of an army.* *I have a crisis battle suit and recently I got a hammerhead.
I was just wondering on what kind of color schemes you have on your guys and i was wondering what some of the parts were.

I know the pod with the 3 "balls" on it is the missile pod, the big antennae that goes on shoulder is the multi tracker and the plasma rifle is unmistakable.* now i was looking in the codex and it showed a railgun for broadside weapons, it looks awefully alot like the fusion guns for crisis battlesuits, why is that?* also, on the hammerhead what is that 3 pronged thing?*
I am used to the old imperial technology but i will get familiar with this soon.

and the color scheme i have is shadow grey highlighted with space wolves grey and i have regal blue for dark parts, and skull white for detailing and ice blue when i want t do that brushing thing...
The railgun doesnt look too much like the Fusion Blaster if you take the size into account....

The 3 pronged thing on the Hammerhead is the Targetting Array (improves BS)...

If you have any more questions relating to the equipment then feel free to ask...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 12 Jan 2005, 12:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

I use this scheme: http://www.minivault.com/images/TauFWgroup1small.jpg
Exept that I paint the helmets in camo green, and paint the 'purple' spots on the picture red.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 13:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Aun Dolf

By the way, which of the different vehicle upgrades are on the sprues and which are they? They make no sense so I have proxed so far. If anyone knows I would be glad for that information!
Old 12 Jan 2005, 13:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Perhaps this may help?* Click the thumbnail for a bigger view...

02 Burst Cannon
03 Sensor Spines / Targetting Array
04 Seeker Missile
05 Multitracker
Quote:
Quote:
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
Old 12 Jan 2005, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Aun Dolf

Thanks. So the crisís multi-tracker is used... Are the decoy launchers Forge world ones? I guess I have to build my own since they don't look that cool and there are better objects to buy from forge world when the money is there.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 14:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun Dolf
Thanks. So the crisís multi-tracker is used... Are the decoy launchers Forge world ones? I guess I have to build my own since they don't look that cool and there are better objects to buy from forge world when the money is there.
No the Crisis multi tracker isnt used, that image was unclear so i replaced it with a pic of the sprue, as you should be able to see there is a multi tracker with the sprue...

sorry bout that but i only just realised that that image was abit wrong, but you could use the crisis one if you so wished...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12 Jan 2005, 17:19   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Here ya go: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...attlesuits.htm

Click on the bottom where it says XV8 Armory and it'll pop up a nifty lil weapon selection thing and it shows the picture with the name of the weapon and the options.

I had to look for this page after glueing a fusion blaster to Commander O'Shovah instead of a plasma rifle (doh).

Jasen
Old 12 Jan 2005, 20:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin

thank you all soo much =)

DH
W:24:2:L:4
Old 12 Jan 2005, 20:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold...arbine_1-1.JPG

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfold..._command_1.JPG

thats how I paint my firewarriors.

black clothing, purple armor, black helmets on ordinary troops. pulse carbine users get puprle helmets. Sergeants get white helmets and a golden globe on thier shoulder armor