Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE
Closed Thread
Old 28 Nov 2006, 23:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: Maurice Louisiana, 3 miles from civilization and straight on till morning
Send a message via Yahoo to shadowclasper
Default I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE

Ok, as a few of you probably know... I'm a Fluff/lore freak, I trudge through the forums looking for every bit of lore, eventually hoping to make a cohesive database of everything tau in the story... I'm having increasing difficulty finding the pages I want 274 pages of posts is a bit daunting... I need help, I'm going to make a seprate yahoo mail account, don't know what yet, but we'll see. I'm looking for lore, copied bits pages, saved html, ANYTHING that can help me get this project off the ground, this is partly driven by a desire to know all the secrets of one of my favorite universes, but partly because alot of people have questions and I want to make a database where everyone can go a learn everything Tau... Language, grammar, history... every bit of lore and fluff... please note this is not about short stories, this isn't about personal fluff, this is about what is general and accepted, certain people, such as calmsword, will make an apperance because of what they did in the Medusa V Campaign... others, such as Ko'vash'Shi (my cmdr) will only make an appearance because they are associated with people who helped make this.
Oh and yes I know that this freakishly fanboyish, but I love knowing stories, and this is the one I can help tell, its one I love and have made short stories for, its one I actually interact in and the guys (gw) who made the original made me feel like I had some power over the story. Thank you

(oh and if I get this off the ground maybe I'll move on to a database on some other army, maybe necrons next... since they've been the bane of my armies exsitance since I started, but thats after I get this off the ground)

Shas'O Tash'var Vral Ko'Vash'Shi: "Or'es'Shas has only met with one crippling defeat, at the hands of the metallic dead... and we shall purge them form the galaxy, not just to avenge our fallen, but to prevent them from slowing the greater good's advance ever again." Before the battle to save refugees on Medusa V from being harvested by the Shadow Lord, a necron lord and killer off over 500 fire caste on the planet Yadsmood.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 00:56   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE

Here is a good place to start. Calmsword has spent a great deal of time trying to compile what we have on the Tau from GW.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=31170.0

Old 29 Nov 2006, 02:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: Maurice Louisiana, 3 miles from civilization and straight on till morning

Thanks, calmsword's already helping me by getting all the fluff we cordinated here on tauonline for the Medusa V campaign, keep it coming guys

Shas'O Tash'var Vral Ko'Vash'Shi: "Or'es'Shas has only met with one crippling defeat, at the hands of the metallic dead... and we shall purge them form the galaxy, not just to avenge our fallen, but to prevent them from slowing the greater good's advance ever again." Before the battle to save refugees on Medusa V from being harvested by the Shadow Lord, a necron lord and killer off over 500 fire caste on the planet Yadsmood.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 03:10   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

oo sounds like fun. are you writing a book? any thing i can do to help?
Old 29 Nov 2006, 03:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Not writing a book, a database, heck, maybe I'll put the finished results here, or make a website like wowwiki.com (for world of warcraft) except tauwiki.com lol. but I've said what I could use... I'm setting up the account now so I'll link it in my next post.

Old 29 Nov 2006, 03:21   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

sweet! tauwiki! great idea. just the place that i could find all the tau words that i have never been able to find. like ice! grr!
seeing as my commanders name is frostwind o would like something vaguely close to it. not just cold thats what i'm using for now.

-Shas'o Sha'is
Old 29 Nov 2006, 03:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I feel your pain, I feel your pain... A lexicon will definently be apart of this... and once we drag all these bits of data together, how 'bout we show it off on the main GW forums, showing that once again, Tauonline and its users rock, because who else would help get this done!

Old 29 Nov 2006, 15:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Alright I got a new email for the data base, email me at

taudatabase@yahoo.com

with information if you got it. I'm currently working on the stuff from Calmsword's posts: Ultimate Tau Database...
well I hope to make it penultimate... but only because it will be a bit more coherent without people's posts interdispersed among the data posts.
Also I'll be making a Player made Fluff section... stuff that GW has never specified but which we have come up ourselves, such as why Tau have blue blood.
are there alot of Tau stories (like Fire Warrior) out from Black Library? they would be a big help.

Old 29 Nov 2006, 21:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Heck why bother with the database (no offense), lets get a wiki! I'm not sure how, but theres this thing called wikia, its like a wiki but for random stuff... halo wikia, runescape wikia, etc.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 18:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

this will sort of become a wiki type thing... wiki doesn't have a half the data on the tau that we do... you see?

Closed Thread