Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What is the worst army for Tau to fight?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default What is the worst army for Tau to fight?

I saw the What is the worst army for 'nids to fight? And I made it TAU!

Back on topic I would say...eh...Thats hard. Eldar?

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: What is the worst army for Tau to fight?

possibly i seem to loose against freeman (he has eldar)
AUTHORITARIAN OPPRESSION, FAMILY ABUSE, DEPRESSION CAUSED BY CONFORMALITY AND ECONOMIC DEVISTATION WILL REIGHN. HUNGRY CHILDREN WILL NOT SPARE THE GROCER. REMORSE IN ALL FORMS WILL BE REMOVED FROM HUMAN THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS FREEDOM WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH REVOLUTION OR DEATH. THIS SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS UNAVOIDABLE AS LIFE ON THIS PLANET BECOMES UNNECASSARY. WE HAVE THE POWER TO REVERSE THE TIDES OF TIME BY MAKING OUR AWARENESS OF ABUSE KNOWN TO THE POWERS OF INDUSTRY AND THEIR UNCOUTH POLITICAL ARMS. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OPEN YOUR EYES. OPEN YOUR MOUTHS. CLOSE YOUR HANDS AND MAKE A FIST!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to freeman

it's probably just because Eldar have a large amount of firepower and mobility which can be used in unison with each other to either tactically out-flex, flank or overun the tau fireing lines...
Old 11 Jan 2005, 03:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nids and Crons
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 11 Jan 2005, 05:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

It's hard to say exactly but Eldar arent it, the troops drop to pulse fire and the tanks (which give them their mobility) come down relatively easy.

the worst IMO is 'Crons a 3+ and a get back up? that just messes with Tau. and the fact that wraiths turboboost to get an invunerable is disconcerting.

'Nids, not even close, a proper 'Nid army (lots of gaunts) is almost easy, they drop in record time to pulse fire, as long as the crisis and HH suceed in neutralising the big bugs its just not hard.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 11 Jan 2005, 07:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

In my opinon the greatest problem is Chaos army, for example slaneshi lord with siren is doom to entire TAU army, and there are also other problems like blood leters and other daemons.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 08:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I find chaos to be no harder than normal marines, so they have daemons and some other tricks, I'll take darmons over Whirlwinds and vindicators w/ assault marines comnig from all sides :P

think of Necrons as Marines with even more tricks, and they get back up. It's normal to hear shouts of "why wont you stay dead!" coming from games stores ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 11 Jan 2005, 11:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I only said Nids because it just seems they would beat Tau... They're a good assaulting army. But I don't have any expirience with playing against Nids with my Tau.

Necrons are beasts. I started off with me playing Crons and my brother playing Tau. After many solid victories I tried out Tau against Crons and I got pretty annoyed. Although the Tau list was terrible too.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 11 Jan 2005, 12:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

those damm necons!!!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 12:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Necrons - no problem, Marines- kill 'em all, Eldar- easy prey especially biel-tan, Nids- tough opponant but hardly unkillable, Sisters- send 'em back to thier easy-bake ovens. I only have 1 problem army- Blood Angels jump pack army. Used correctly they negate alot of the tau fun tactics- like fish of fury and such- cause they just jump passed the tank. They are hardly impossible, just a very difficult army cause it is a continuous cat and mouse game. In fact this is my next opponant in a 2000 point game. Fear not, I'll still send em packing.