Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Veni, vidi, vici
Closed Thread
Old 26 Nov 2006, 13:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Commander Nearsight
Default Veni, vidi, vici

Just got home after my first game of 40k, against my friends un-named Space Marine Chapter. And I quite literally massacred him ;D. Although only 500 points, it really bumps my ego destroying all his units by turn five, and only losing my Commander's 2 Gun Drones (he also took 2 wounds). Not that great, but an engouragement for the future and some change for my Fantasy battles career (1 draw, and the rest massacres).

Here's my list. I made on the two sole purposes: to get my Aun'Shi ( a very nicce model byt the way) on the table, and minimize the number of troops (I currently have only the Ethereal painted and 12 unpainted Fire Warriors).

We played a Seek and Destroy (the one with more models on the board is the winner). As said, the only casualties were two AI machines :rockon:

Shas'O Sa'cea Doran'ro with twin-linked plasma rifle+Missile pod+hard-wired multitracker+Stimulant injectors+hard-wired drone controller (2 Gun Drones). A VERY nice combo, though quite pricy.

Aun'O Sa'cea Alohla with EMP greneades (just to fill the points, never had any use of those really).

Honour Guard-12 Fire Warriors, one of them being a Shas'la with EMP's (the same case as with the Ethereal), pulse rifles.

Normal group of 12 Fire Warriors, 1 Shas'ui with a Bonding Knife+EMP's.

The Fire Warriors did amazing job Immobilizing my friends Rhino on turn 2, killing 4 Space marines inside of it. Afterwards they shot at an other group of marines, and again, killed a ssizeable portion of my friend small army.

But the Commander was a real killing machine. Jump there, shoot your Marines here, kill them, jump back. All over again every turn....

Great site for all DE stuff.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 13:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Veni, vidi, vici

Good show old boy!

The Caesars should be proud! Are you going to do a full write up turn by turn?

Genmotty
Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

No wonder you pulled a huge victory... you're list is totally illigal, not to mention over-the-top :.

Quote:
Shas'O Sa'cea Doran'ro with twin-linked plasma rifle+Missile pod+hard-wired multitracker+Stimulant injectors+hard-wired drone controller (2 Gun Drones).
Let's see... that runs out at 152pts? Seriously overdone for a 500 point game, and not even that efficient - TLing on a BS5 model is needless, and gundrones nerf your IC status.

Quote:
Aun'O Sa'cea Alohla with EMP greneades (just to fill the points, never had any use of those really).
Honour Guard-12 Fire Warriors, one of them being a Shas'la with EMP's (the same case as with the Ethereal), pulse rifles.
Okay, you wanted an Ethereal in the game... but why would you bring two HQs in 500 points?

Quote:
Congradulations! Unless you were using a nonstandard FOC, your army is illigal for not having two manditory Troops.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
Good show old boy!

The Caesars should be proud! Are you going to do a full write up turn by turn?

Genmotty
Possibly, at least the parts I remember :P.

Turn one

I had the first turn. Nothing special, just waited 'till the Rhino would be mine to shoot. I assume I did kill some Scouts this time...

My friend moved his Rhino closer to my line. Scouts sneakily sneaked behind some big rocks, in attempt to snipe my Commander. His Captain heroically ducked in cover behind the Rhino.

Turn 2

My Honour Guard Immobilized the Rhino, killing some Marines in it (as mentioned, the Rhino moved last turn so it took more damage). The SM's evaquated, in postion were I could shoot two of them next turn, the rest firmly behind the vehicle rubble. I ressumed my jumping madness with the Scouts, and I think they actually Fell Back 4 inches. Curse ATSKNF... they rallied the next turn.

Turn 3

Well, the situation looked grim for my friend, I was firmlly winning. His Scouts had lost troopers, they hadn't had a shot on me, his Rhino was a smoking rabble, and his Captain with some marines took a postion behind a tower hill, in a last attempt to kill my killing-machine commander.

The last three turns were quite fast, I moved my Commander, shot the Space Marines&Captain, jumped back and so on. The SM captain did destroy my gun drones and took me two wounds, but I managed to kill the (rather small) army around him, so in turn 4, there was only the lone Captain. He shot me with his plasma pistol, tried to assault me (this got me a bit worried) but he didn't have the range!!! I jumped, shot (but didn't wound him, got three 1's), and shot him with all the Fire Warriors. It makes you feel quite glad throwing 36 D6's on the board, as the closer FW unit were in Rapind Fire range, plus the Honour Guard with their 12 shots.
Needless to say, the doughty Captain fell.

As you can see, this is NOT a Battle Report, we didn't make any notes and quite poor in membering stuff :P .
Nonetheless, it was a great game. I love Tau...

Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:12   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm kinda suprised you won. All those EMPs seem like a waste to me.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Shas'O Sa'cea Doran'ro with twin-linked plasma rifle+Missile pod+hard-wired multitracker+Stimulant injectors+hard-wired drone controller (2 Gun Drones).

Okay, you wanted an Ethereal in the game... but why would you bring two HQs in 500 points?
and a shas'o is serious overkill for 500 points (they should be left for 1000 point games at the least)
Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
No wonder you pulled a huge victory... you're list is totally illigal, not to mention over-the-top :.

Quote:
Congradulations! Unless you were using a nonstandard FOC, your army is illigal for not having two manditory Troops.
Really should read the codex more clearly. Thanks for pointing up those mistakes. Damn... I wondered why the game got on so fluently... Well, I guess I can count is as handicap. Making it sound easier taht way... But thanks a lot, going to be more accurate with my lists in the future.

Curiously, not even our "club master" who has the Tau 'dex, watching our game, didn't notice the error with the Honour Guard. He has played Tau, and said the Commander looked good (which I by the way still think, too). And It hink it would'nt have changed the game at all if I had only 2 normal FW squads.

Old 26 Nov 2006, 16:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You could always make it legal by, instead of 2 units of 12, have 3 units of 8. That's a decent size for your 2 standard troops and the honour guard.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 17:03   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Other option for legality would be to leave the Honor Guard alone and just split the single troops into two minimum strength units of 6. Though I think the 8 man idea is better (more robust at all levels) this is a valid option for future consideration.

-Sightline
"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
Old 26 Nov 2006, 17:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal'Yth Riyon Mal'Caor (Orion549)
You could always make it legal by, instead of 2 units of 12, have 3 units of 8. That's a decent size for your 2 standard troops and the honour guard.
Nice idea. I'll try it. And it also means a save, I only have to buy one other unit of FW besides my one unit. Though FoF would reguire 12 models to be cost effective, I think. But I'm quite paranoid about the FoF, maybe it's better to start with more static approach. At least in the start...

Closed Thread