Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Idea For a Tau Kill Team
Closed Thread
Old 26 Nov 2006, 07:21   #1 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default New Idea For a Tau Kill Team

As the title implies, I have thought up a good idea for a Tau Kill team ;D

The basic Squad is pretty much a Shaper, 5 Fire Warriors and 6 Kroot Hounds. 1 option I believe that I am going to implement is taking a Carbine on the Shaper (as he already has a ton of attacks, and we all love pulse-fire). The only drawback to this squad is it breaks a mutable law (mixed squad sizes) and you use 3 different kinds of models (is that really a drawback?). In return for this, you get 6 Pulse Shots at 18" and the ability to assault and get 18 S4 attacks on the charge, at initiative 5 none the less!

Fluffwise this would work as follows: Occasionally if left on a Kroot world, or being deployed in an army that uses their native allies more than others, trade and etc will happen between the Tau and Kroot, and some would find a desire to own a Kroot Hound Pup. The Tau who are subjected to these creatures would teach them and train them, and the Shas would train them to hunt with them and the like, seeing as they would have a natural specialty with it. Eventually some Fire Warriors would be called up as a Kill Team, and they would bring their Hounds on the hunt with them (as it would also be a sign of social status within the Kroot society). As for the Shaper in the group, he could either be a Pack-Leader deployed on the mission for the sole purpose of maintaining the hounds completely through special pheromones and etc his body has created to deal with the Hounds, or he could just be a Kroot leader in the mission (seeing as you are in a Kroot-heavy environment).

I know the fluff has a lot of working out to do, but what do you guys think of it?

Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: New Idea For a Tau Kill Team

If I remember the rules for Kill-team correctly, you're also breaking an immutable law: No models may have more than a single wound in their profile. Shapers have three.

I really like the whole fluff-part about Tau hunting with Kroot hounds, though. I got the vision of Tau Kill-teams as some form of Predator-ish Hunt for Sport, rather than a military action.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 18:34   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

oh! It would look that way, I knew I was missing something for immutable laws. Oh well, another Fire Warrior with a Carbine!

I am going to start converting my team today, I just need 4 Kroot Hounds ;D

Old 26 Nov 2006, 20:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Be sure to have a female warrior holding a puppy with her finger schritting its little belly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
Old 26 Nov 2006, 20:56   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
Be sure to have a female warrior holding a puppy with her finger schritting its little belly.
I think I can pull that one off...

Old 27 Nov 2006, 02:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mitch: the noob

sounds cool!
i like the idea of stealth suits as a KT
its just too stealthy!
but the hunter idea works perfect too
Old 27 Nov 2006, 21:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

When I just saw the list and hadnt read your fluff(though the fluff is definitly nice) I had this image in my head of a group of 5 Fire warrior's with one shaper with leashes on the six hounds barking wildly^^
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The fluff idea looks good. I like it.

Personally, my kill team is 8 Vespid. Story-wise, they ride around in a Semi-Striped, stealth Tigershark (converted Drone bay that can fit them) so they drop in from that and it circles around. My Vespid don't carry demo charges, they carry portable beacons that call in Seeker strikes from thier Tigershark. I see the Tau liking things that way much better. Then, once the mission's complete, the Tigershark zips in, the Vespid fly up, and off they go.
Closed Thread