Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Paint Schemes
Closed Thread
Old 22 Nov 2006, 10:48   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Firebird4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Firebird4Life
Default Tau Paint Schemes

Hey guys. I've been collecting my Tau army for a month or so now and I'm getting ready to paint it. I was wondering what paint scheme/colors you guys think would look the best. I know I don't want to do the typical "Tau tan/brown" colors. I was looking in the codex (the older one) at the schemes they have there, but they don't tell you which color schemes are from where. Can anyone be so kind as to list what the main branches/septs are and their colors please? Thanks.

Also, I'm at a little dilemma: some of my pieces are already painted. I'm an eBay lover, so I've collected quite a few used & painted pieces for my army. I was leaning towards one of the established "official" paint schemes (the Shadow Gray/Chaos Black one stands out in my head), so I'd have to repaint them. That's a shame because the Stealth suits I have are a [glow=blue,2,300]BEAUTIFUL[/glow] silver/red/blue paint job. The Hammerhead tank is a nice black/red combo. And a handful of the Fire Warriors are a Black/Green combo. They're all done pretty nice. I'd really hate to have to reprime em and start over, but you can't have your army 6 different colors (unless you're going to be the Rainbow Warriors...isn't that a real Space Marines army?).

What do you guys think? I'll try to get some pics up of them so you can see what I mean.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 18:39   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Tau Paint Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird4Life

I'd really hate to have to reprime em and start over, but you can't have your army 6 different colors (unless you're going to be the Rainbow Warriors...isn't that a real Space Marines army?).

I did a quick test paint as i couldn't decide either, I went for Vior'la in the end. (2nd from the right) but combined it with a few bits of terracotta (far right)
Old 22 Nov 2006, 18:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Paint Schemes

My favourites are the 2nd from the right and the 3rd from the left
Closed Thread