Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Needing a 1500-pt. Tau Army Against Imperial Guard and Space Marines.
Closed Thread
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Needing a 1500-pt. Tau Army Against Imperial Guard and Space Marines.

I need an Tau 1500 Armie against imperial guard and space marines. ???
But the armies i make well are ??? to make them is hard, but , i want my hammerhead!!!!!!!!!!!!! with railgun. >
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:44   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: 1500 Tau Armie aganst impirieal gaurd and space marines

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmansam
I need an Tau 1500 Armie against imperial guard and space marines. ???
But the armies i make well are :-[ to make them is hard, but , i want my hammerhead!!!!!!!!!!!!! with railgun. >
Welcome to the forums!

Go easy on the smilies, though. They must be used in moderation lest we run out.

Have a look through the Army Lists sub-forum. There are many excellent lists there for all levels of point-value. Once you work out your own army list, feel free to post it there for others to help you hone its edge.

But yeah, a Railhead is a perfect choice against both Marines and Imperial Guard. It is really the rest of the army you need to work out, and there a number of questions you need to ask. Do you plan to use Kroot? Would you rather use Devilfish-mounted or Static Fire Warrior Teams? How many Markerlights do you want? How do you see yourself using Crisis suits?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:51   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Locat

Also, Imperials and Marines are totally different armies. Imps horde (with tanks) whereas Marines are elite killers (wiv mad skillz. and tanks. but not as many as the Guard). The only recurring theme here is vehicles, so take lots of Anti-vehicle and Heavy Infantry stuff (much as I hate to say it, Fireknives fit the bill here). That means:

>Missile Pods
>Fusion Blasters
>Railguns
>Plasma Rifles

and of course, 24 S5 AP5 shots never go amiss, especially with FoF.

He's not kidding about the smilies. I tried to put one in this post, but it appears this hour's quota has been filled.

EDIT: Also, doesn't this live in "Tau Army lists"?
thanks for recognizing I'm ignoring fluff entirely
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature."

BBC code?

More of my own comics!
Old 20 Nov 2006, 19:00   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Por'la Vior'la Kais Ukos
EDIT: Also, doesn't this live in "Tau Army lists"?
As it is used now, the Army List sub-forum is more for reviewing lists rather than requesting suggestions for starting a list. Once this turns into a full list-construction thread I will send it over there. At this point, though, I imagine the discussion will be more on the theory involved in fighting Marines vs. fighting Guard.
Closed Thread