Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

An Idea Concerning Imperial-Tau relations.
Closed Thread
Old 20 Nov 2006, 16:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default An Idea Concerning Imperial-Tau relations.

Now- in the book Rogue Star it describes a string of Imperial worlds (via astropaths) who's preach 'freedom' which we can all assume have been retaken or are at least contested after the Third Sphere.
(by the way this disproves the concept that the Tau would use Astropaths since they are in possesion of so many).

Would it be concievable for the Imperium to attempt to construct some kind of warp 'high-way'- we know there are travelled routes which are safer, but do we know of any way that the Imperium would want to build and accelerated path to the East with the loss of Medusa and the expanse of the Tau?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 16:47   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Locat
Default Re: An Idea Concerning Imperial Tau relaitons

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
but do we know of any way that the Imperium would want to build and accelerated path to the East with the loss of Medusa and the expanse of the Tau?
Imperial Guard Homeworld Atilla, Cardinal World San Leor, Imperial World Pavonis, Imperial Navy World Kar Duniash, Ymga Monolith (which is?) are all East of the Huge Central Globule (HCG) of the Galaxy, so I imagine they'd all need some kind of swift-transit/comms route to Terra (or at least the Segmentum Solar). Keep in mind I'm just looking at the map pages (91-92) in the Rulebook, so I don't know if these are actually of any worth the the Imperium
thanks for recognizing I'm ignoring fluff entirely
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature."

BBC code?

More of my own comics!
Old 20 Nov 2006, 17:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Now- in the book Rouge Trader it describes a string of Imperial worlds (via astropaths) who's preach 'freedom' which we can all assume have been retaken or are at least contested after the Third Sphere.
(by the way this disproves the concept that the Tau would use Astropaths since they are in possesion of so many).

Would it be concievable for the Imperium to attempt to construct some kind of warp 'high-way'- we know there are travelled routes which are safer, but do we know of any way that the Imperium would want to build and accelerated path to the East with the loss of Medusa and the expanse of the Tau?
I though Rogue trader takes place before before damocles crusade (the total lack of fighters and bombers in Tau fleet was one indication, lack of Ion cannons another).

Also, I read theat to mean that every world (majority of population, as worlds are not alive) were praising freedom, and this collective human mind echoed in warp. (but could be wrong, would have to check.

Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

no- it's the other astropaths of the planet that are broadcasting the fact they are liberating from the Imperium and joining the Empire (read the last chapter again). And yes it takes place before the Crusade which plays in my assumption.

Anyway, would it be possible that the Imperium could attempt to build some kind of 'more' secure conduit? Kind of like what the Gothic sector used.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:13   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: An Idea Concerning Imperial-Tau relations.

I don't think the Imperium can actually "build" stable Warp conduits. They sort of just exploit the ones that already exist. It is also a little uncertain if many of those Astropaths actually survived the Damocles Gulf Crusade. The Imperium retook all of those worlds briefly, then lost them again. But Astropaths also have a relatively short shelf-life, and without the Emperor to perform the Soul-Binding to create replacements, the Tau would not have been able to make use of those Astropaths who joined them for very long. So even if they could use the Damocles-Gulf-era Astropaths to send messages, they certainly are not using them now. They can not train them.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 19:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

From the Story, it was pre-2nd Phase Expansion, wasn't it?

The well travelled 'safe' warp routes are well travelled first for a reason other than them being purposefully like that. The Imperium uses them, it doesn't build them.

Quote:
Anyway, would it be possible that the Imperium could attempt to build some kind of 'more' secure conduit? Kind of like what the Gothic sector used.
Eh?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 19:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I wasn't implying that the Tau still used Astropaths- merely that they could have used them before/know of there existence (has to do with an argument during Medusa).

Anyway, the book takes place during the 2nd phase.

As for the conduits- in the Gothic sector there were these routes that they used, they didn't build them- but there were used (these must have just been warp paths used continuosly...) But during the Gothic war they described that trade routes would sometimes go through star systems with one gate on one end of the system and the other on the ... other. We do know that the Imperials and Chaos use Worm holes, perhaps a major one could be discovered? does that make sense after fluff scrutiny?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 19:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

Quote:
As for the conduits- in the Gothic sector there were these routes that they used, they didn't build them- but there were used (these must have just been warp paths used continuosly...)
I don't know about the rest of folks, but my interpretation was always that this is incredibly common. That is: common routes don't require skilled Navigators because they're easy. There's little danger in comparison to going 'off the beaten track'. I never was under the impression that they were wide open breaches between the warp and realspace used as essentially 'Star Gates'...

Quote:
But during the Gothic war they described that trade routes would sometimes go through star systems with one gate on one end of the system and the other on the ... other.
It's not that they had 'gates' there, as much as suitably safe and calm warp-jump-points. Safe jump from one side, safe from another., but all the rest are pretty hazardous...thus it's quicker just to drop to realspace and bypass the 'slow' point when it's quicker to go other ways.

Quote:
We do know that the Imperials and Chaos use Worm holes
We do, do we? That'd be news to me. What's the source?

Quote:
, perhaps a major one could be discovered? does that make sense after fluff scrutiny?
Only if there's actually been use of WHs (not War Hammers) in 40k.

As I said: warp travel doesn't work (for the Imperium) as you seem to imagine. As far as we know (or is inferred) only Necron Tech (and the Tyranid 'Shadow in the Warp&#39 can 'calm' the Warp. One canot 'build' a warp route any more than one builds a solar system...or at least that is what I have been led to believe.

Xisor
Old 21 Nov 2006, 04:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

read the gothic rule book. I don't think they build them but they are natural phenomenons.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 05:46   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
read the gothic rule book. I don't think they build them but they are natural phenomenons.
Right, but they do not appear to be very common. So there is nothing for the Imperium to "attempt" in that respect.
Closed Thread