Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Future of Summer Campaigns
Closed Thread
Old 20 Nov 2006, 14:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default The Future of Summer Campaigns

So- Toward the end of Medusa there were a number of questions asked concerning GW orchestrated campaigns, the official response was that there would be another one and a 40k one none the less.

So, what can we assume about the next one? Well that it will be near the Tau Empire now that the Tau are not using extensive warp travel. It's not going to be about a 4th phase due to the consolidaiton effects of the Third.

Speculation?
-GW seemed to like the idea of single planets being attacked- however there was a loud minority of people that wished for a return to entire swaths of space coming under attack.

-The Tyranid players are largely pissed due to their 'utter trouncing' so GW might steer them in a direction. Mayhap it will be the introduction of a new Hive Fleet.

-The Dark Angels will be coming out hopefully followed up by an Ork codex- perhaps a crusade against an Ork Waagh, who knows.

So basically what I'm saying is what does this hold for us, the best, the Tau Empire? Where will we be at the closing of a Third Sphere and all the successes we have accomplished?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 15:30   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: The Future of Summer Campaigns

Maybe the Tau will be in a situtation similiar to the EOT campaign. Either that or you have to make a Armageddon -style campaign where the Tau is on one side and the Imperials on the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 15:32   #3 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Perhaps a 14th Black Crusade is needed? I will definitely be joining the Minions of Chaos, it would be a laugh.... ;D

Old 20 Nov 2006, 15:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

ah- but you couldn't do that again since it's so far away from the Tau Empire (everyone needs to be included).

That being said, maybe it could be the EoT format against the Tau Empire.

One Side: Tau army, Imperial defectors, (heck maybe even) Eldar defending Demierg or their interests in the region.

The Other (the invaders): Guard, Orks, Chaos, Marines, Eldar (retribution), D.Eldar, Tyranids.
You could have each side with its own objectives, not working together obviosly, but all wanting to trounce the Tau.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 15:44   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

What, charge out of EoT, get beaten so the Imperium takes no losses, then it magically hasn't happened as the timeline is stagnant....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 17:00   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Locat

Orks and new Hive fleet of unprecedented size and efficiency (new untis, mayhaps?) 'Nids fight in space near the Tau'va. Guard & Marines (including Templars) come in to Cleanse the Xenos Filfth, but, on their way, attract the attention of D.Eldar Space Pirates (interested in looting). The Eldar receive a cry of help from old allies, the Demiurg (if they're being implemented, if not, replace "Demiurg" with "Tau Ethereals", and replace "old allies" with "pet project"), but have a (as yet unknwon) Necron Infestation onboard the Craftworld sent to help/ protect the Demiurg/Tau.

So, have I missed anyone?
thanks for recognizing I'm ignoring fluff entirely
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature."

BBC code?

More of my own comics!
Old 20 Nov 2006, 17:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
ah- but you couldn't do that again since it's so far away from the Tau Empire (everyone needs to be included).

That being said, maybe it could be the EoT format against the Tau Empire.

One Side: Tau army, Imperial defectors, (heck maybe even) Eldar defending Demierg or their interests in the region.

The Other (the invaders): Guard, Orks, Chaos, Marines, Eldar (retribution), D.Eldar, Tyranids.
You could have each side with its own objectives, not working together obviosly, but all wanting to trounce the Tau.
No, I think this would be too much attention on the Tau Empire.

I think the best idea would be the Ork Waargh! being a target, perhaps just outside of the Perdus Rift.

Something I think would be interesting would be for GW to somewhat use the Albion idea, where your position in the giant battle is determined by a Special Character you include in your army for no extra points.

Of course, it couldn't be human or nessessarily any other established race, as there would be conflicts of interest within the various races. If it was human, you can see why the Imps or Tau would work with him, but wouldn't the Eldar kill him? Necrons Zap him, 'nids eat him? etc. etc. etc.

One thing I was thinking was that it could be some alien race on the Eastern Fringe, thier planetary system is in the middle of civil war, but has largely been ignored because of thier remoteness. During war, some keys things have now happened that has brought the alien races down on them. A Necron Beacon activiated on one planet, 'Nids attracted by the death in the area, Chaos Warp gate on another (perhaps Khorne, with all the war in the area) with the Tau being stuck in as they've been trying to negotiate peace between the two sides of the civil war.

So all forces will be lead around by whatever faction of the civil war, one side being "evil" and working with Orks and Chaos and the like, thinking they're working as mercs to defeat the other side, the "good" side working with the Tau and Imps and Eldar thinking they're here to push back the intruders.

So everyone gets a leader or squad from the resident alien race.

If Tau wins, we get another Aux. race added afterwards. All the models are made anyways.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

but it has to be concentrated on the Tau otherwise they won't be in the campaign (and they're the 2-3 fave of the company)
so, that being siad, I like the idea of the Perdus Rift...

How about-

The Perdus Rift has continually been a region of mystery and conflict for all of the major races of the Galaxy. A vast region stretching across the southern edges of the Ultima Segmentum it is home to all manner of life including pirates, the Kroot homeworlds, and the ever-present Ork hordes.
With the advent of the Third Sphere this region has become a seething mass of activity as Tau fleets probe the area, defending the rear of the Empire's recent expansion beyond the Gulf. As the events concluded on Medusa the Rift became home for many of the Empire's enemies and has now, under declaration of Aun'O Kathlan himself, been declared the utmost priority to be cleansed.
Over a thousand ships have been sent, their holds filled with veteran warriors of the Third Sphere wars, ready to end the threat the Rift has represented since its discovery. They will face all manner of foe, both new and old as they search out the covens and hide outs that serve as a home to those that would not only resist the Tau'va, but seek its end.

Campaign Lay Out: basically this could be the Tau version of a crusade. Not a colonizing element but one that would be, instead, involved in rooting out enemies of the Empire. It would satisfy many Tau players, Wargamer for example who wants a darker aspect of the Tau race. It could beging like the Warhammer campaign last year, progressing from star system to star system.

We know that there are Ork raiders in this area (and in abundance), there could easily be splinter fleets, Imperial forces could represent PDF and remnant Guard units in the area (same as Space Marines) as they make there way to major ports like Kar Dunias and Ultramar, Eldar of course (perhaps even attempting to defend Exodite worlds, DE have been known to be in the area and you could even throw some Kroot mercs into the mix trying to avoid detection.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd prefer to see a campaign with a backstory that is more relevant to existing fluff. Armageddon and EoT were good examples of this. Medusa V most definitely wasn't, with a whole world and loads of characters created specifically for the campaign (many of whom were killed during it anyway). Give us a campaign that we can have some kind of emotional attachment to. Give us some of our favourite special characters back, and put it all in a setting that everybody cares about.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Old 20 Nov 2006, 18:35   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Locat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
I'd prefer to see a campaign with a backstory that is more relevant to existing fluff. Armageddon and EoT were good examples of this. Medusa V most definitely wasn't, with a whole world and loads of characters created specifically for the campaign (many of whom were killed during it anyway). Give us a campaign that we can have some kind of emotional attachment to. Give us some of our favourite special characters back, and put it all in a setting that everybody cares about.
Uruk Thrakka himself declares Waaagh! On the Farsight Enclaves, which are being invaded by Yarrick and the Mega-Venerable Dreadnought Version of Roboute Guillman (sp?). That fills out four of your "special characters" criterion, as well as the emotional attachment (Farsight Enclaves!) and as for the settin everyone cares about... uh...
thanks for recognizing I'm ignoring fluff entirely
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature."

BBC code?

More of my own comics!
Closed Thread