Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau buildings and construction.
Closed Thread
Old 19 Nov 2006, 19:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default Tau buildings and construction.

I just was taking a look at the tau home map on dow dark crusades. I think contredicts some of the

fluff because the way the things were described in the fluff were all of the buildings not outdoing each other having a lot of domes and having near invisible seams

are the buildings for tau in dow really tauish enough?if not how would they have to change them?

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 20:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: tau buildings and construction

Most of the buildings seen that look "tauish" in DOW are not Tau buildings actually. The background is that it was an Imperial planet that the Tau have sort of muscled in on. Thus the buildings arent pure Tau construction, just modification by the Tau on existing Imperial structures. Kinda like the buildings in the book For the Emperor.

Old 19 Nov 2006, 23:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Tau buildings and construction.

well... if the tau make them they are Tau buildings and besides these are wartime temporary structures sent by dropcrane... that could make them verry different from the buildings tau usually use.
Generally the archetype within fantasy and sci-fi is that if a character looks good, then he/she is good, if they're ugly then they're probably evil. (I'm looking at YOU TOLKIEN!!)
Old 20 Nov 2006, 00:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

The buildings you use in the actual game the headquarters, fire cast barracks etc are undoubtedly Tau buildings. However the: "tau home map" I gather refers to the Stronghold of the Tau which is an Imperial city with some Tau alterations it would seem.

Old 20 Nov 2006, 00:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

my mistake. i have not seen the tau home map as i have been playing as them in the campaign
Generally the archetype within fantasy and sci-fi is that if a character looks good, then he/she is good, if they're ugly then they're probably evil. (I'm looking at YOU TOLKIEN!!)
Closed Thread