Warhammer 40K Forum

800 points cheesy Tau Army
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jan 2005, 18:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 800 points cheesy Tau Army

Hi!
As some of u know, i just boughts some models ;D ;D ;D
In the store where i am to play, there is this IDIOT (Can u write that here???).
He is a powergamer, well the only thing that counts for him is to win.
I saw him fight yesterday, and he didn't comprimise ONE time. Therefore i want a 800 points CHESSY army that will rip him like a small baby. If he challange me I will fight ONE time, ONE time I say, and I just HAVE to win.
As I'm new to WH40k i dont kno which army he had. I do know that he had three units.
One unuits of dogs, like 10-15 of them i think. Then had one unit that he refered to the 13th something (each modell cost 21 points and always had 3 attacks in CC). And anothe unit which i dont know.
He had no tanks what so ever. His units ripped through some WH like they were butter.

Well, i hope u can help me out here.

Old 08 Jan 2005, 18:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 800 points CHESSY Tau Army

Static Tau line, I'll come up with a list soon.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 08 Jan 2005, 19:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

1 Commander Shas'o (HQ) @ 110 Pts
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

11 Fire Warriors (Troops) @ 110 Pts
Pulse Rifle (x11)

Pulse Rifle (x11)

Pulse Rifle (x11)

Pulse Rifle (x11)

1 Hammerhead Gunship (Heavy Support) @ 150 Pts
Railgun; Two Burst Cannons; Landing Gear
#Targetting Array [0]

1 Crisis Battlesuit Team (Elites) @ 65 Pts
Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

Models in Army: 47

Total Army Cost: 765
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 08 Jan 2005, 19:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

static Tau line = lose to "the gate" (13th company psychic powers)

and for me to advise I'm gonna need more info, what do you want to play? what style do you want? (its quite important as you have to play it)

general rule is plasma>Marines *;D

and as to Grims list...... not much plasma in there.... and the pulse rifle needs and awful lot of fire to kill 13th company, also if he has drops of any sort i'm not giving much for your survival.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 08 Jan 2005, 19:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Can 13th company drop? I say Static becuase it is a very small game and the more the merrier. Having only a limited number of FWs isn't the smartest plan. Niether is loading up on Crisis Suits.
Old 08 Jan 2005, 20:09   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well, this is what i got:
1 Commander (crisis suit)
7 Crisis suit
3 Broadsides
1 HH
6 Stealth Suits
44 FW
20+ ?? drones (i havent counted)
I dont care HOW I'm gonna play, I just want to kill him and that's end of it.
MB some of u think that this is loosy of me (or something). But guys like him, they are to b defeated and then never looked at again, or am I wrong?
Old 08 Jan 2005, 21:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

your not wrong, people like that spoil warhammer, they turn up with totally unpainted boring unconverted (ok its no crime at all not to convert but it is kinda nice) and have worked out a list which feels like sandpapaer to stroke (lol!) and has been finely tailored to beat your army, not via tactics but via utilising every rule gaps and advantages they can use to benefit them, i agree with you but whatever you do dont take a cheese army against others who dont deserve it!
Old 08 Jan 2005, 21:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hmm... upon reviewing the EoT codex it seems that 13th Co. cannot drop as is normal but the Rune preist may use the Gate which is basically a DS for him and a squad, also the whole army bar termis and bikers scouts.......seems to nerf the line in one to me. and storm claw bikers are insanely good, if he TB's them behind terrain and has line to charge next turn (they move through cover 3d6) he will rip through the entire army.

I'm advocating a more mobile approach, as he is coing to chase us it makes sense to be able to run away and pepper him w/ fire. I'm gonna suggest

Shas'El
FB,PR,MT
83pts

3 Crisis
TLPR,TL (no points need be spent on the flamer......)
177pts

3 Crisis
TLPR,TL (no points need be spent on the flamer......)
177pts

6 FW
3 carbines
60pts

12 FW
-Bonded
-Shas'ui
-Fish
220pts

HH
-Ion cannon
-BC
-MT
140pts

HH
-Ion cannon
-BC
-DL
-MT
145pts

802pts

this list will rip up marines, the sheer amount of plasma will be enough to obliterate at least a 10man squad a turn. also the FoF is in there to kill the Wolves who have been known to make annoyances of themselves and then provide fire support for the HH.

the 6 man squad was an unfortunate but neccecary occurance, if he wants to cheese it you can too. just keep them away from the action (then drop the carbs) or have them keep moving at 18" and firing the carbines. be careful with your crisis and HH as they are what will deliver you, every single marine in his army is worth 20+points, every death assured by plasma is a victory. us estandard Tau mecha tactics and dont expose yourself to too much fire and sheild your commander behind (IC) a crisis team so he adds fire to it.

Be warned, this list is very nasty and blatantly min-maxes, do not use this against other opponents as it is just not sportsmanlike and other marine armies wont be hurt as much by the casualties, remember, he will have approximately 30 marines (less if there are bikers, wolves or an expensive Hq, so you can conceivably wipe a third of his army in the first turn, but be careful, "the gate" (if he doesnt use it youre in good stead) can make a real mess of formations.

in short, its fight cheese with cheese time ;D (remember two wrongs dont make a right, but they make you feel better :)
go here
Old 08 Jan 2005, 21:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

He doesn't have any fish!!!

18 FW in a 800pt (or any) list? No way Jose!
Also, 6 Crisis? You wont pack much firepower, all though all shots that actually hit will kill. And never take a Shas'El over a Shas'O.
I realize this isn't your list Shas'O Kais, but I spoke as if it was...
Old 08 Jan 2005, 21:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

ok, simple answer.....buy one. he asked for an army and I did the best I could to accomodate his models, but he asked for a list tailored to kill 13th company, this is it.

the no. of FW isnt everything Grim. they are good but theyre not the be all and end all of units. also, small elite forces w/ low model counts do not always lose because of it, it isnt that large of a crutch.

and Always take a Shas'El over a Shas'O unless it is a large game (2000+), the shas'o has almost no advantages as he will die vs 13 co. marines and the one point of BS isnt worth 25pts, especially when this list runs so tight on points.

and how does this not back firepower? it may not have quantity (something you seem to overvalue) but it certainly has quality, it pumps out at least 14 marine killing Plasma shots per turn, and when RF'ing it skyrockets to 22. when each marine is 21pts minimum it is rahter easy to put a dent in his force, and plasma does it in record time.
go here
Closed Thread