Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Drones move fast & shoot?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Nov 2006, 02:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nathan
Default Drones move fast & shoot?

Can drones fire on a fish that moves 12" without a multi-tracker? For some reason I'm thinking yes because they're like passengers?

And if so does that mean a pen hit (maybe aften stunned) would cause the drones to emergency disembark?

Then could they at some later time re-embark?
Old 15 Nov 2006, 02:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Drones move fast & shoot?

Can drones fire on a fish that moves 12" without a multi-tracker? For some reason I'm thinking yes because they're like passengers?

It says in the Codex that they fire "as part of the vehicle...... in addition to any other weapons that would normally be permitted to fire". So I think they could. I've never taken a vehicle without a multi - tracker however, so I couldn't be sure. It's a cheap upgrade, and extrememly useful. You pay for those Drones and Burst Cannon, so not let yourself fire them?

And if so does that mean a pen hit (maybe aften stunned) would cause the drones to emergency disembark?

".....and are treated as passengers if the vehicle is damaged." So yes. A penetrating hit would cause them to disembark.

Then could they at some later time re-embark?

Nope. "The drones may not rejoin the vehicle during the game..." Once they are forced out they stay out. This isn't really much of a loss however, as those drones have just as much firepower on their own, and may force a target priority test at an annoying time.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 15 Nov 2006, 02:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Plus they are really kinda free and you can always sit them infront of an enemy fire support squad and force them to take target priority checks all the time and if they fail oh well its two drones and perhaps they could get pinned too. Even more enjoyable and of course your opponents face when he fails the leadership check...

Im not sure about being able to fire but they do get forced out by a penetrating hit and they cannot get back in.

Old 16 Nov 2006, 10:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

And let's not forget that the Drones are better assault units than the Fire Warriors. I usually charge leftovers of Imperial Guard after I've shot at 'em with my drones. They strike first, and, statistically, at least one attack should cause a wound.

Gun drones become really fun when you field 4 Piranahs in a single squadron. The Piranah is open-topped, so first you move 12", disembark, shoot 8 twin-linked pulse carbines and then charge and get 16 attacks on I4. Pretty good for a free unit.
Closed Thread