Warhammer 40K Forum

Some Drone-Related questions.
Closed Thread
Old 13 Nov 2006, 04:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to OmikronAlpha
Default Some Drone-Related questions.

Just a few quick questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with:

1. Where in the codex can I find the points costs of drones? Say I want to attatch them to a Shas'la squad, how can I figure out what it's costing me?
2. When a vehicle is destroyed, what happens to the attatched drones? Do they act like a mounted crew do?
3. The drones I've gotten so far have only come with the gun drone parts - If I want Markerdrones or Sheild Drones, where can I get the parts for these?

Thanks again guys
Old 13 Nov 2006, 04:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Some Drone-Related questions.

The points cost are in the wargear section as they are bought like wargear. Drones on a vehicle such as a devilfish or piranha count as passengers when it is destroyed. They become entangled if thats the case and can be killed in the crash. For the parts the only thing I know that comes with a markerdrone is the Stealthsuits and I think its plastic so getting that is not too easy but you can get Shield Drones in Pathfinder and XV15 Stealthsuit Shas'vre blisters and I think the old Etherial ones aswell. Or you can try ordering the parts from the GW online store.

Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks mate, just what I needed to know
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

get a gun drone, take the weapons off and stick a shield generator onto the bottom
now you have a shield drone
Old 13 Nov 2006, 07:31   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Shields Drones come with some blisters. Marker Drones come with Stealth Teams. But the best bet for Shield drones is just to use Crisis suit Shield Generators, and Marker Drones are also pretty easy to make out of left over Crisis Suit equipment (multi-tracker on one side, target lock on the other. Use a pin vise to drill holes.)
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ooo, nice idea's guys, definately going to be doing that. Got 3 or 4 shield generators lying around just dying to become shield drones.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 16:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Piranha drone question:

If you have multiple Piranha in a squadron, and one is destroyed, with some drones surviving as disembarked passengers - must the other Piranha drones disembark? (I would think "no")

During the enemy shooting phase, one Piranha of the squadron is destroyed, and one of its drones survives the wreck and is entangled. In your next movement phase, the remaining Piranha disembark drones immediately (and thus, right next to the wrecked Piranha and surviving drones). Is there any reason that you are required to make the disembarking drones into a unit with the surviving (entangled) drone?

It seems to me that this is the exception to the rule that Piranha drones form units. Rule forces them to disembark separately, and thus they form separate units. All drones that disembark at the same time form units together, but if for any reason they disembark at different times, they form separate units.

Agree?
Proudly banned from both Mech Tau Tactica and Advanced Tau Tactica by Kai'Lore. Kai'Lore has no honor and the fact that my mere presence reminds him of this is more than his cowardly person can bear. He banned me from the new site after less than a day. =)
Old 13 Nov 2006, 16:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hmm good question, very good question. I am not really sure but that does sound like the logical solution. Perhaps someone else might clarify more but I dont see the other drones being forced to disembark if one of the Piranhas goes crashing down.

Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliodorus04
Piranha drone question:
Good question,

Here's what I'm reading though:

"... treated as passengers if the vehicle is damaged." (C:TE, p30)

"All gun drones on a vehicle or in a Piranha squadron must disembark at the same time..." (T:TE, p31)

"... passengers must make an immediate disembarkation move." (Rulebook, Damage to Passengers, p68)

However, I think that the "all" "in a squadron" and "must" are good indicators of a non-bendable rule. The drones are passengers. Passengers "must" disembark immediately. A squadron of Piranha's gun drones, all of them, "must" disembark at the same time. I don't see any rule that would allow for separate squadrons of gundrones to be formed from a single squadron of Piranha--it all points to them all working the same way, all the time, via "must."

Looks like it correlates to me.

Cheers!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ah interesting stuff Mal, still it doesnt seem to make any sense that when one Piranha goes down all the drones have to jump out... ah well thems the rules.

Closed Thread