Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep]Tau VS. IG 1850 points
Old 13 Nov 2006, 02:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739
Default [BatRep]Tau VS. IG 1850 points

ok i just played my first battle in about a year. I played my Tau against my friends Imperial guard. I was actually playing in a game allied with him against nids and chaos but they quit because the nid idiot used fleet before he moved the rest of his army so he skipped his teams entire movement phase. plus me and my IG friend had already mopped up quite a bit of their marines and genestealers. so we just played eachother and this list was supposed to be 1850 but i just made it real quick and i didnt care about exact points. and im not to fond on IG so i dont know the names or points of all his stuff, sry.

TAU

HQ- Shas'0, burst cannon, missile pod, multi-tracker- hardwired drone contrller w/ 2 gun drones. 2 crisis bodyguards, burst cannon, missile pod, multi-tracker. 240

HQ- Shas'0, burst cannon, missile pod, multi-tracker- hardwired drone contrller w/ 2 gun drones. 2 crisis bodyguards, burst cannon, missile pod, multi-tracker. 240

TROOPS- 12 firewarriors, shas'ui 130

ELITE- 3 crisis suits, burst cannon, missile pod, multi-tracker 150
ELITE- 3 crisis suits, burst cannon, missile pod, multi-tracker 150
ELITE- 6 Stealth suits 180

HS- Hammerhead, railgun, ssm, multi-tacker, target lock 175
HS- 3 Broadsides, 2 w/ multitracker, 1 w/ target lock 225

1750 total

IMPERIAL GUARD

HQ- command squad with 5 bodyguards ?
HQ- Heavy weapons(lascannon) command squad with 2 bodyguards and a medic ?

TROOPS- 10 guardsmen, heavy bolter, grenade launcher, sarg guy ?

FAST ATTACK- Helllhound ?

ELITE/HS- Basilisk ?
ELITE/HS- Leman Russ, Battle cannon ?
ELITE/HS- Heavy weapons squad(3 lascannon) ?
ELITE/HS- Heavy weapons squad(3 Heavy Bolter) ?

Pregame- The board was pretty quickly thrown together and it was a real bad set up for me because there was no cover in the middle for my crisis and stealth suits to hide behind. It was basically a wall of builings on each persons sides with one little trench in the middle. I infiltrated my SS out in the open(idk what i was thinking). he got to pick his side first and he got first turn.

Turn 1:
IG- Nothing moves, He shoots my HH with his lascannon squads stunning it, the heavy bolters and guardsmen take out 8 FW and 3 SS
TAU- I move my crisis suits and stealths into the open and light up his heavy weapons squads with the help of my broadsides and al the firewarriors. I manage to kill 3 from all the squads total and wound another one. In assualt phase i move all my battlesuits back into cover.

Turn 2:
IG- No moving, He fires his Leman Russ at one of my command squads close to a squad of firewarriors. He manages to take out 1 gun drone and 2 FW. His hellhound flares my stealth team killing off 1 stealth suit. His guardsmen squad all fire into my second crisis suit command squad killing both the drones. The rest of his army either missed or failed to wound any of my models.
TAU- I move all my battlesuits backout into the open and once again light up the heavy weapon squads with everything i have. The result is 6 more dead heavy weapons from his squads combined. I move all my battlesuits back into cover during the assault phase.

Turn 3:
IG- Still no movement, his Basilisk fires at one of my crisis squads killing 2 while his LR fires at my second crisis command squad killing 1. His guardsmen all volley into my 3 seperate FW squads killing 4.
TAU- Battlesuits move back out into the open, HH uses submunition round at a large portian of his army packed tightly in a buidling. One crisis squad blows the flamer off the hellhound. Fire warriors fire allinto the buildings at his heavy weapons squads along with 2 broadsides while the other BS blows up the basilisk. By the end of the shooting phase he lost his basilisk, 7 guardsmen, takes alot of hits on his commnd HW squads, and i finished off 2 of his lascannon squads. assualt phase all battle suits move back into cover.

Turn 4:
IG-His two lascannons left from his HQ and one from another squad blew up my HH. The rest of his army shot but only managed to take out 1 SS
Tau- Remaining SS runs away, battlesuits move back into the open, i finish off his HW command squad and his other lascannon and heavy bolter squads. Also i kill 5 guardsmen sending one of his squads in retreat.

By this time my dad came and got me so we didnt get to finish. Im not really sure how it wouldn't gone if we had kept playing but he had 1 LR left along with 3 squads of guardsmen all at about half strength or below(3-6 or so left in each squad), one second commad squad with just a few bodyguard guardsmen, and his hellhound wich had its flamer bown off and was virtually doing nothing the whole game. My force had 3 FW squads left(1 with 10, 1 with 6, and 1 with 5), all 3 of my BS, two elite squads of crisis suits(1 with 1 left and 1 still 3 strong), and my 2 HQ crisis suits squads(1 with commander and 1 bodyguard, another 3 strong along with 1 drone). It was a pretty bad set up for my crisis suits because it was like D-day to get in range of his units along with the fact there was NO cover in the middle. His Heavy weapons squad inflicted great hurt especially by destroying my HH, thankfully i knew what i was doing so i took them out as quickly as i could. But this is my first battle iv'ed played in a long time. tell me what ya think

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
AvalonSurfer739 is offline   Reply With Quote