Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Combat Patrol: To whom do respective weapons belong?
Closed Thread
Old 12 Nov 2006, 18:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Locat
Default Combat Patrol: To whom do respective weapons belong?

So, having spent 20 minutes coutning out and toting up a 400 (well okay, 401) point army for combat patrol (yeah, I'm not very fast >.&gt, I was struck with a question: Should the tank hunting kit (2x Missile pod, 1x Fusion blaster, Multitracker) belong to the Shas'o HQ character, or the Elites Shas'vre?
thanks for recognizing I'm ignoring fluff entirely
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature."

BBC code?

More of my own comics!
Old 12 Nov 2006, 18:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Combat Patrol: To whom do repective weapons belong?

Can't get a Tau HQ in Combat Patrol- 2 wounds max. Makes it the Shas'vre by default, doesn't it?
Old 12 Nov 2006, 18:46   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Locat
Default Re: Combat Patrol: To whom do repective weapons belong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue 7
Can't get a Tau HQ in Combat Patrol- 2 wounds max. Makes it the Shas'vre by default, doesn't it?
Arr. there goes me not reading again =\ Thanks
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature."

BBC code?

More of my own comics!
Old 12 Nov 2006, 23:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Combat Patrol: To whom do respective weapons belong?

Even though its not actually listen anywhere that I can tell, yes, in Combat patroll the Shas'El or Shas'O is assumed to be downgraded to a Shas'Vre to appease the 2-wound rule
Old 12 Nov 2006, 23:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

No... You don't need to take an HQ, so it doesn't matter.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
Old 13 Nov 2006, 02:53   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hiya,

First up, 401 is a very interesting number. it is in itself a prime number, and it is also the addition of 9 and 7 consecutively primes (starting from 43, and 29 respectively) it is also a happy number (mathematically happy - square the number of the single digits and add them, repeat and it will resolve to one)

now, second up is i abael is right and you do not require a HQ choice.

^licks^

jammie & lion
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

hi,

I'm not exactly an experienced tau player or anything, but I'm thinking that if your Shas'vre is your main or even your only tank-hunter, then you would probably do well to drop the Shas'vre upgrade and just make him a deathrain monat or even a fireknife teamleader instead. It's just that the setup you have seems a little heavy-handed for CP, and the points you would save could probably help you towards adding a few more troops, or even another crisis into your list.

hope that might help

- Abdul Alhazred, The Mad Arab of Cthulhu Lore, on the subject of Chaos Tau [link]

"Zomg, teh Tau are teh evil bastardz, they suk at life."
copy and paste this into your sig if you hate Tau.

Proud member of Team CMAP - DON'T HOLD BACK- The time has come to- GALVANIZE!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 18:17   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floobosaurus
hi,

I'm not exactly an experienced tau player or anything, but I'm thinking that if your Shas'vre is your main or even your only tank-hunter, then you would probably do well to drop the Shas'vre upgrade and just make him a deathrain monat or even a fireknife teamleader instead. It's just that the setup you have seems a little heavy-handed for CP, and the points you would save could probably help you towards adding a few more troops, or even another crisis into your list.

hope that might help
Ah, the shas'vre upgrade is for the additional WS and the target lock... although looking back now, you're right about only going team leader (who needs WS!).

The whole thing about having suits was one focused on crowd control and the other tank hunting (seeing as I'll be playing mostly 'nids, orks and guard), with a 6-strong firewarrior team and another 6-shas pathfinder squad. The Patrol now stands at 396 points, with the crowd-controller the only shas'vre to get at the Cyclic Ion blaster

BBC code?

More of my own comics!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 20:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via ICQ to Dagonus Send a message via AIM to Dagonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammie
hiya,

First up, 401 is a very interesting number. it is in itself a prime number, and it is also the addition of 9 and 7 consecutively primes (starting from 43, and 29 respectively) it is also a happy number (mathematically happy - square the number of the single digits and add them, repeat and it will resolve to one)

now, second up is i abael is right and you do not require a HQ choice.

^licks^

jammie & lion

First: you imploded my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Por'la Vior'la Kais Ukos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floobosaurus
hi,

hope that might help
Ah, the shas'vre upgrade is for the additional WS and the target lock... although looking back now, you're right about only going team leader (who needs WS!).

The whole thing about having suits was one focused on crowd control and the other tank hunting (seeing as I'll be playing mostly 'nids, orks and guard), with a 6-strong firewarrior team and another 6-shas pathfinder squad. The Patrol now stands at 396 points, with the crowd-controller the only shas'vre to get at the Cyclic Ion blaster
Second: I'd drop the PFs in a combat patrol and just send in more FWs, with a DF attached if you want a DF still. YOu might want to try the Combat/light Marker support from a 6 man FW squad with a Shas'Ui w/ markerlight and Targetlock and 2 marker drones. It'll cost you less than the PFs with the DF will and let you attach the DF if you still want it to the other FW squad and let you use them more offensively. THe other 5 guys in the Markerlight FW squad will simply be firesupport and bodies to get in the way for the drones and the 'Ui. It'll also put more rifles instead of Carbines on the field. The downside is half as many markerlights as a 6 man PF squad, but its just something to think about.