Lists
Tau Empire
HQ
Shas’O w/ CIB, MP, MT, -105: Yellow Circle

Elites
2 Deathrains w/ Targeting Array-106:Other Yellow circles

Troops
2X 12 Fire Warriors:Yellow Blobs
Warfish w/ Targeting array, SMS, Decoy Launchers, Multi-Tracker>245 (490):Yellow Outlines

Heavy Support
2X Hammerheads w/ Railgun, SMS, Decoy Launchers, Multi-Tracker-175 (350): Solid Yellow Blobs
Total: 951 points

Dark Angels
HQ
Grandmaster-135 (last squad deepstirking)

Elites
Venerable Dreadnaught w/ Drop Pod-155: the big red and yellow hting (got killed really quickly)

Troops
7 Deathwing Terminators w/ Assault Cannon, Cyclone Missile Launcher-355:Gray Blobs
7 Deathwing Terminators w/ Assault Cannon, Cyclone Missile Launcher-355:Gray Blobs
Total: 1000 points

Deployment, As it says, that is how everything deployed :P

Turn 1: Dark Angels: Movement Phase: Nothing happens, no first-turn deep strikers.

Turn 1: Tau Empire: Movement Phase: Everyone moves forward and into a tight formation, Just in case.

End turn 1

Turn 2: Dark Angels: Movement Phase: Nothing comes on, everyone slightly annoyed now.

Turn 2: Tau Empire: Movement Phase: All of the Tanks move into a more relaxed formation, Crisis Suits head towards hill, and using their Jetpacks, get behind it.

End turn 2

Turn 3: Dark Angels: Movement Phase: Vadim finally gets a unit of terminators to come in, and they deep strike straight into my Hammerhead. Goodbye Terminators!

Turn 3: Tau Empire: Movement Phase: Everything readjusts again, and waits for the next thingy to pop up. Fire Warriors jump out of a Fishy to gain a supreme firing position over whatever pops out next.

End Turn 3

Turn 4: Dark Angels: Movement Phase: Dreadnaught slams straight next to my Fire Warriors (of course).
Shooting: Dreadnaught fires and kills 4 Fire Warriors.
Assault: Dreadnaught charges and kills 2 Fire Warriors, they run and are cut down.

Turn 4: Tau Empire: Movement Phase: Everyone moves around the Dreadnaught, and fires.
Shooting: Rapid Firing Fire Warriors manage to immobilize, destroy two weapons and stun the dreadnaught. Railgun to the back annihilates it.
Assault: Crisis Suits move back behind hill.

End Turn 4

Turn 5: Dark Angels: Movement Phase: HQ Terminators come on about 13” from my Devilfishy.
Shooting: Fires at my Devilfishy and does nothing.
Assault: none

Turn 5: Tau Empire: Movement Phase: all units move around the HQ Terminator Squad.
Shooting: Unleashing a giant fusillade upon the Terminators, only 2 fall in the effort.
Assault: Crisis Suits move back behind their hill.

End Turn 5

Game Over: Tau Empires: Victorious Slaughter
Just as a Reference, some of the maps may be a little messed up (thats what happens when you leave to use the restroom and my brother moves in). So try to make sense out of it,as I know you guys are smart enough to do. I will probably attempt to fix them at one point or another, but with my lazyness, don't expect anything

[Edit] Olannon, remember when we were arguing about Necrons VS. an All Fire Warrior combat partol list? Well I can say you win now.

Old 07 Nov 2006, 04:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: [Bat Rep] And all goes quiet

Wow he lost a whole squad of termies to Deepstrike. ;D Thems the breaks lol, there are always those bad Deep strike rolls.

As far as the dreadnaught, can it deepstrike and assult on the same turn? I thought all units that can deepstrkie can shoot, but can't assult. Same with crisis suits being able to deepstrike down, and fire, but cant get their follow on assult Jump back.
Old 07 Nov 2006, 04:55   #3 (permalink)
lonely tau

He said it was in a Drop Pod and they could do that, and having my Space Marines Codex in the hands of somebody who happens to live about 20 Miles away didn't help me.* Anyways, I beleived him this time and so If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it.*

P.S. I am going to write a little bit of fluff on the two Bat-Reps I have just posted, it should be done in a couple of day with any luck (which I am missing a lot of now, just ask my social life :P)

[Edit]: off by such a small margin in my estimate! oh well, 20 minutes is still good timing if ya' ask me (which I'm sure you won't)

Old 07 Nov 2006, 12:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: [BatRep] And all goes quiet

You need to stop unceremoniously eviscerating your opponents

Old 07 Nov 2006, 21:06   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
He said it was in a Drop Pod and they could do that, and having my Space Marines Codex in the hands of somebody who happens to live about 20 Miles away didn't help me. Anyways, I beleived him this time and so If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it.
Nope. Terminators, Assault Marines, and Land Speeders all deep-strike normally. Only regular Marines and Dreadnoughts deploy in Drop Pods, unless I am remembering wrong. And the kicker is that they are wiped out if the central model in their formation is within 1" of one of your models. It is much worse for them than the old rules where you got to put down the ordnance template and then position models anywhere within its limits. Nice job on the Batrep, Lonely.
Old 07 Nov 2006, 21:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
deploy in Drop Pods, unless I am remembering wrong.
Command, Veteran, Terminator, Dreadnought, Scout, Tactical and Devastator squads may deploy via Drop Pod. But a Pod may only hold five terminators.

Quote:
He said it was in a Drop Pod and they could do that, and having my Space Marines Codex in the hands of somebody who happens to live about 20 Miles away didn't help me. Anyways, I beleived him this time and so If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it.

As far as the dreadnaught, can it deepstrike and assult on the same turn? I thought all units that can deepstrkie can shoot, but can't assult. Same with crisis suits being able to deepstrike down, and fire, but cant get their follow on assult Jump back.
Dreadnoughts may not assault after arriving from a Drop Pod. And it never has ever been able to do so. It's strictly written in the Drop Pod assault rules that they may not assault: "The passengers may not move or assault in the turn they land." Page 21.

-- Good job killing those wingies!

Cheers!
Old 07 Nov 2006, 22:03   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

oooh boy I am soo gonna slaughterh im even harder next time for those moves on me..

Thanks guys. Do you think It would be at all cheesy If I added a couple of Helios Suits to my army, just for him? (joking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Lancer
You need to stop unceremoniously eviscerating your opponents
There was ceremony in it, he mourned his losses very well (and paid for the pizza too! yes, the employees at our hobby center let us order pizza to be delivered to the store). Anyways, I am soo sigging that one.

Once again, Thanks Mal and Khanaris.

Old 08 Nov 2006, 00:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quite welcome. Keep up the massacre, so on and so forth.

Old 08 Nov 2006, 06:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah death to those Emo Marine SOB's
Old 08 Nov 2006, 18:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Olannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
[Edit] Olannon, remember when we were arguing about Necrons VS. an All Fire Warrior combat partol list? Well I can say you win now.
Was this the one when I claimed Static FW's will get OWNED by necrons in CP?

Good job on the battle by the way! I see you play Tau rather different than I do; yet the choices are quite similar. Ah, gotta love the diversity! I do believe taking a Shas'o might be overkill though

~Olannon
Closed Thread