Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Commander, A Little Help?
Closed Thread
Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tau Commander, A Little Help?

Ok just to warn you i dont play tau, i have no clue on the abbreviation you lot use and i only know anything i learnt from playing against my mates tau about a year back before the new 'Dex.

I have brought ( http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/xv84.htm) a nice XV84 CRISIS BATTLESUIT, forgeworld (naturally ) and am going to paint it up to my best standerd then sell on (watch Ebay for it )
Only i have no clue what weapons to arm it with and i dont know the paints needed for the basic (air cast?) colour scheme.
Any help?

Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:44   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: Tau Comander, Lil help?

Personally I belive that if you want to get an even better price for it, you should only have the Markerlight glued in and you should try to make all of the weapons interchangeable (thorugh pin-vises, magnets, etc).
As for a color scheme, the Air caste doesn't really have a color scheme, they use the same as everyone else, but if you have some sort of specific colors in mind, go for it!

anyways, I look forward to seeing it, post some Showcase pics when your done with it!

Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

XV84, with built in markerlight. First I would say the color scheme could be anything so you might want to take a look at the Games Workshop tau section on their website, if for no other reason than that might give you a few ideas.

Next, since it doesn't come with either of the special weaponry that a commander can normally have I say go with the fireknive, as everyone can always use those. That of course would be the missile pod and plasma rifle. You (or whoever should buy it) can always claim the markerlight is in fact a multi tracker.

Lastly just to make you aware, you might want to check up on posting rules. You haven't done anything wrong.... yet. Just when you put it on that sight you can't post a link here as that would be considered advertising.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ok thanks. I have heard missile pods are the way to go due to good range and high str. Might try that interchangeable weapon thing, i was thinking of doing a really dynamic flying pose on a base the size of a dreadnought, ill see if it would work.
So what colours do we use to do the vermin brown?/ Vomit brown basic scheme?

Ooo ok... BTW does my signature breach these rules? :-[ , links to gallery... and other site? :'(
Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

FYI Air caste dont pilot battle suits, Shas (fire) caste do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
Old 04 Nov 2006, 21:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/tau...tau-troops.jpg
.. That scheme? As i said i don't know specifics, all i know is it seems to be the most common so there will be more potential buyers
Old 05 Nov 2006, 00:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The load out you give him will also depend on his role if he is a support char and you plan to use the markerlight alot i would give him a missle pod (same range as Markerlight) and an A.S.S (advanced stabilization system) as it would allow him to make small moves and still use markerlight at the cost of his assualt move. Then hardwire a multitracker so he can fire both the marker light and missile pod. What better help for a braodside team or firewarrior team then a markerlight and x2 Str7 missiles at bs4-5 dependingly on wether you take a Shas'el or 'O. This would be great support for a BS team (Broadsides) as he would have the same reletive move if he uses the A.S.S. Yes he would lose his assualt move for the turn he uses the A.S.S. but he would be able to move d6 and still fire the markerlight so if he just needs to scoot around a cornoer to get a clear shot with marker and missiles, then the next turn fire the missiles again, no marker and use the assault move to jump back behind cover. If you dont take drones then that wount even be a problem if you have a squad of FW (firewarriors) or BS (broadsides) in front of him.
Old 05 Nov 2006, 03:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I use the XV-84 myself, I use a Missile Pod, CIB and Command & Control Node. However, if you're making this for sale, I would recommend some more generic loadouts. I definately recommend the Missile Pod though, as it matches the range of the Markerlight so it's good for what I refer to as a whump-whump-ding-thud. Two missiles, a marker and a seeker to garauntee a kill of most tough stuff. A light infantry killer like a Burst Cannon, or something else light a Plasma Rifle would be good. No fusions. Range is too short.
Old 05 Nov 2006, 20:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hmm ok so im getting the impression we DO like missile pods. 2 str 7 shots!?! ... that's arguable whether that is better than the old SM krak missile launcher.
So this armour suit im getting, despite looking cool, it has built in? multi tracker and markerlight? am i getting this right?
Or does this markerlight use up a 'hard point?' (im getting onto this tau larky )
If the markerlight comes on an arm, you are going to have to draw me a diagram :P so i know which one it is.
Old 05 Nov 2006, 23:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

if i am correct the markerlight attached to his back taking up one slot, and the target lock that comes with it so it takes up no slots. That leaves you with two weapon/support slots in which you can take any other uprgrades avalible to him as i suggested with MP (missile pod) and A.S.S. (advanced stabaliztion system) but since he will have to be an 'el or 'O to get the xv-84 upgrade he will be able to take options from hardwired/wargear such as a HW multi tracker that takes up no room on the suit as it is considered to be built in.
Closed Thread