Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Piranha Elites
Closed Thread
Old 04 Nov 2006, 15:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Piranha Elites

I was wondering should or could we make the Pirhana an Elites choice and have Games Worksop put the Tetra Scout Speeder in as an offical Fast Support Choice in an army list?

Sorry if I have put this in the wrong board.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 15:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Pirhana Elites

nah, I don't think they fit in with the elite 'style'. making tetra's official is a good idea though
Old 04 Nov 2006, 15:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What would need to be changed to make the Piranha more elite like?
Old 04 Nov 2006, 16:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Acess to crisis suit weaponry= elite. I guess... Fusion blaster and twin plasma piraha.... muhahahahah!
Old 04 Nov 2006, 18:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It is true we need more chioces in our elite slot, but I think Piranha fit in more as a fast attack due to their speed. Adding tetras is not a bad idea either, but then we'd have 5 slots in Fast Attack and still only 2 in elites. Maybe we could move the Pathfinders instead? After all, now that their devilfish doesn't get the cout move, and they carry heavy weapons, they hardly seem like a valid fast attack choice to me. Anyone disagree?
Old 04 Nov 2006, 19:11   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Piranha Elites

But Pathfinders aren't going to be any competition for Crisis or Stealthsuits in Elites and Heavy Support is already overloaded. What we really need is another Troops option.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
But Pathfinders aren't going to be any competition for Crisis or Stealthsuits in Elites and Heavy Support is already overloaded. What we really need is another Troops option.
Why not move Pathfinders to Troops? Marines get Scouts as Troops, why not use Pathfinders the same way?
Old 04 Nov 2006, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
lonely tau

We don't have Pathfinders as troops because they are used for a specialized role, whereas scouts are just Marines earning their armor. And pathfinders are required to take a devilfish!

Old 05 Nov 2006, 08:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I don't understand--we have plenty of options in our XV8 and XV15 (25s if you're new). They basically fill every role except close-combat and God knows we don't need CC.

In games of 1.5K or more I have all three elite slots filled every game, I don't need anything else to compete for those precious slots.

also: pathfinders have got to be the most un-fast attack Fast Attack choices ever. In most games I sit them still, way in the back, marking stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
Old 05 Nov 2006, 15:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hmm, what about dropping the Pathfinders to the Troops slot increase their Weapon Skill to 3 and keep the Devilfish a must but drop the marker beacon, and drop the Rail Rifle upgrade, make the the scouts rule an upgrade for both Pathfinders and the Devilfish.

As for a reason for dropping them to the troops choice as far as fluff is concerned well lets say these warriors now are trying to earn the privledge to be in suits or vehichles due to recent failure. The increase for the Weapon Skill is because of more flexibility without the always ready upgrade for a Rail rifle. The Devilfish for the Pathfinders was stripped lghtly in order for it to run more quietly.

Make the Tetras and have 1 in 2 make the Markerlight droppable for a rail rifle. As long as there are three tetras on the board then they each have the marker beacon. Increase the points to maybe 55 for the Tetras.

The fluff for the Tetras could be that they were once experimental reserved only for Pathfinders that had proved themselves.

Alot of this sounds kind of reasonable, but I also like the sound of my own voice so what do you think?

Anyways as for the Pirhanas for an Elites slot, I can see why they wouldn't be a good choice there.
Closed Thread