Warhammer 40K Forum

megaforce price
Closed Thread
Old 29 Oct 2006, 07:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123
Default megaforce price

I got the mege force yesterday!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! ;D
I live in australia where it cost me 300 dollars. but when I looked on the american and uk website I found that It costs just:

175 us dollars= 227 aud
100 pounds= 246 aud

What the hell? >
Old 29 Oct 2006, 08:58   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: megaforce price

My freind said something about this to me the other day aswell but i didn't realy think much of it, but it might be cause they have to import it ???
Old 29 Oct 2006, 09:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

eBay's even cheaper! 85!

It costs more in Australia because of the import I guess, I don't know where they make the kits.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 09:49   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yes, it has to do with the import.

If I remember correctly, Australia puts higher tax duty or something on this kind of product (models) which is why all GW products generally cost more than those of the UK & US ones.

Look around your local area for independent shops. There are some shops here in Melbourne where they always do a 10% discount from the GW original prices. Oh, if by chance around the end-of-financial-year period in Australia, those shops may also do something extra on top of the 10% discount. (That is when I started buying quite a lot & got lots of things. )
Old 29 Oct 2006, 18:42   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to mwolfy Send a message via MSN to mwolfy

I got the mega force from hobbytown for 125 bucks. Discounted once because they always do that, and once more because i play there alot and help newer players out. It was pretty sweet
Old 29 Oct 2006, 22:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

US prices I would expect to be off from worldwide prices because the greenback sucks right now. Their dollar has tanked a fair bit the last year or two and so things look cheaper when you view the American prices.

The Megaforce is $250 Canadian, and that's way more than $175US. $200 would be more accurate these days. But that's why gamers are encouraged to make connections, either with store owners/employees, people they know in other countries, or simply online stores that ship out of other places. Most places have a couple of GW items that are either way above or way below the standard international pricing... so it should balance out.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123

AHHHHHH! now I understand ;D. This would make sence, but I think that an extra 70 aussie dollars is a bit harsh, especially just for an import. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wper34
Yes, it has to do with the import.

If I remember correctly, Australia puts higher tax duty or something on this kind of product (models) which is why all GW products generally cost more than those of the UK & US ones.

Look around your local area for independent shops. There are some shops here in Melbourne where they always do a 10% discount from the GW original prices. Oh, if by chance around the end-of-financial-year period in Australia, those shops may also do something extra on top of the 10% discount. (That is when I started buying quite a lot & got lots of things. )
Could you tell me where exactly these shops are located. this would be a big help as I am on a bit of a tight budget. :
Old 30 Oct 2006, 09:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

go to www.milsims.com.au, cheaper then GW and deliver
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:08   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korill
go to www.milsims.com.au, cheaper then GW and deliver
Yup, that is one of them. I can tell you that there was a 1 time 20% discount sales which took place in June. That was when I took out my spending money for lots of Imperial Guard. ;D (PM me if you would like to see what I actually bought as I don't want to spam/drag this off-topic nor showing off here.)

And here is another place where you can get some models.

http://www.mindgamesmelbourne.com/

There are also some 2nd hand stuffs on sales as well in the shop. That sort of thing show up sometimes & are often bought quickly when they do show up. I was lucky a few times myself.

Oh, and did I mention that I got 6 Space Marine Dreadnoughts for about AUS $47 each? :
Closed Thread