Warhammer 40K Forum

battlesuit army!
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2006, 16:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to pandastrike3
Default battlesuit army!

yo

i was thinking about doing a fully battlesuit army and i was just wondering what you guys would think of it. mabye it could be led by o'shava though this would mean only a few broadsiedes.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 16:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: battlesuit army!

I assume you mean "maxed battlesuits" as opposed to "all battlesuits"... you must have Troops choices, and there's no Crisiswing Tau army varient - meanining you can have nine Broadsides, fifteen Crisis suits (or six Crisis and eighteen Stealths), but you'll need some Fire Warriors in there.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 17:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
I assume you mean "maxed battlesuits" as opposed to "all battlesuits"... you must have Troops choices, and there's no Crisiswing Tau army varient - meanining you can have nine Broadsides, fifteen Crisis suits (or six Crisis and eighteen Stealths), but you'll need some Fire Warriors in there.
I would also like to see a Roster type where the Crisis Suits are the troops and the Fire Warriors (and a REQUIRED Devilfish) would be be Fast Attack. In this army, there are no pathfinders, no broadsides, no sniperdrone teams, and no Ethereals. This army would be designed to shoot and scoot.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 17:28   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Actually, with commander farsight, Crisis suits become 1+ troops choices, while retaining their elite slots.

Heck his HQ can have a body guard of 7 suits!

Commander Awesome- My commander not only killed a blood angel chaplain, but also three death company marines, securing victory!

My glorious Tau Army Results:
Victories-16 Ties-4 Losses-6
Old 28 Oct 2006, 17:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken there... I know that in a Farsight army Crisis Suits are 1+, but I'm also almost sure they remain Elites. Anything else would be to stupidly beardy even for GW to create.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 18:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

He's not wrong, it's just worded poorly. Remove 'troops' from the sentence and all is well.

Old 28 Oct 2006, 19:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken there... I know that in a Farsight army Crisis Suits are 1+, but I'm also almost sure they remain Elites. Anything else would be to stupidly beardy even for GW to create.
Why would it be beardy for GW to make an all suit roster? Consider a "Cheap" suit is about 43 or so points (TL flamers & Target lock) and thats for a suit that can't do crap (unless you're taking on bugs and you better pray that you get them all... otherwise you're dead). No I think that with an all suit army it would be balanced because of the fact that you're paying so much for each suit.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 21:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actually, the cheapest suit is around 34 points (configured as you said). And I did the math a while ago, but I think that if you can get 4 or so marines under the template it is more dangerous than a stealth suit. If you could take 6 teams of them, you could have 18 for around 600 pts (that would be interesting...).
Old 28 Oct 2006, 21:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madscientist
Actually, the cheapest suit is around 34 points (configured as you said). And I did the math a while ago, but I think that if you can get 4 or so marines under the template it is more dangerous than a stealth suit. If you could take 6 teams of them, you could have 18 for around 600 pts (that would be interesting...).
OK, sorry Madscientist, you are right (but it's 36 pts with the Target Lock), but even if you had that... would you want to try to get that close to Marines? That is just asking to get beaten with the BIG stick. You would not survive the approach... and if you did, you would die next turn.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 23:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to The_Greater_Good

8 Battle Suits in the HQ, 9-18 in the Elites, 9 in the Heavy Support. A terrifing list.

If you need help with a Tau army list, go ahead and pm me, always willing to help.
Closed Thread