Warhammer 40K Forum

TO Update: 3 more battlesuit types
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2006, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default TO Update: 3 more battlesuit types

yes I've been busy, so sue me

XV54 Halo Team 0-2 [Troops]
With the increased contact with very fast enemy units, the Fio wished to find a way to match that mobility. They succeeded with the XV54, after various trials. The simplest way was for them to give speed to the army was simply to add a jetpack to the backpack of specially trained shas'la. The shas'la were few who could pilot the suit, but they were very powerful in countering enemy threats.

pts WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
shas'la 17 2 3 3 3 1 2 1 7 4+
shas'ui +5 2 3 3 3 1 2 2 8 4+

Team: 4-8 shas'la.

Equipment: XV54 Halo battlesuit, giving them a pulse rifle or pulse carbine.

Options: Reinforced carapace (3+ save) at +4pts/ model. EMP grenades at +3pts/ model.

Character: The team may upgrade one shas'la to a shas'ui at +5 points. The shas'ui may select from the battlesuit wargear list.

Special Rules:
Fleet: The speed of the battlesuit can be greatly increased when all power is directed to the engines, not the weapons. The unit has fleet, but loses this rule if they take reinforced carapace.

[hr]

XV36 Defender Bodyguard Team
Commanders sometimes need extensive protection, beyond the normal bodyguards, and the XV36 is the answer. Much tougher and better at defending the average XV8, the XV36 is the highmark of Tau battlesuit technology on the purely defensive end.

shas'vre 40 3 3 4 5 2 3 2 8 2+

Team: 1-2

Equipment: XV36 Defender Battlesuit. The battlesuit is always equipped with a drone controller, and 1-2 shield drones. It is also equipped with 2 XV8 hardpoints.

Options: May choose from the battlesuit wargear list.

Special Rules:
Supreme Bodyguard: The XV36 can replace the bodyguard of the Shas'O of the army. All normal bodyguard rules apply.
Heavy Armor: Assault move is only d6" due to the heaviness of the armor these shas'vres wear.

[hr]

XV47 Lightning Team 0-1 [Fast Attack]
In additon to the Halo Battlesuit, the Fio also developed the XV47 Lightning Battlesuit. This battlesuit is a variant of the XV8, but the engine output has been greatly increased. Sadly, this has reduced the range of the long range weapons of the crisis suits, and negated the use of a few support systems. Still it is in the experimental stages, and very few are being used by commanders. Those that are are put into bigger teams than normal crisis suits to maximize the potential of these powerful battlesuits.

shas'ui 28 2 3 4 4 2 2 2 8 3+
shas'vre +10 2 3 4 4 2 3 2 8 3+

Team: 2-4 shas'ui

Equipment: XV 37 Lightning battlesuit. Choose 3 hardpoints from the battlesuit weapon and support systems list.

Character: May take a shas'ui team leader at +5 points. He may select choices from the battlesuit wargear list. He may be further upgraded to a shas'vre at an additional +5 points.

Special Rules:
Too Fast: Maximum range of all weapons is 18". Targeting arrays do not offer +1 BS, but negate this penalty for range.
Too Furiouus: The jetpack move in the movement phase is increased to 12", and target locks may not be used.

[hr]

Again, yes I have been busy, but also excited. See you all later.

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 01:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: TO Update: 3 more battlesuit types

pretty cool.

do you do these rules often?
Old 28 Oct 2006, 03:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoniccam
pretty cool.

do you do these rules often?
make new units and such? I have since the Tau first came out and never stopped since, I just don't share that much, and lose most of it in the tide. What I have I've started to share though. More on the way.
Quote:
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 05:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oceania, Southern Hemisphere
Send a message via MSN to tyrehire

Very nice...but you do realise waht the numbers in the suit's name actually mean, don't you?

Tau player: "Don't worry, he has a 'Though shall always come back to life the next episode' special rule"

Don't like Games Workshops big prices? Sign a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eg126s/petition.html

Vote for Tau Onlie at http://www.wabbithole.com/lists/index02.html
Old 28 Oct 2006, 06:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

A few things about these:

XV54

First thing, the first number in the XV suit number is the Weight class. That means these guys would be between an XV2 and an XV8 suit in weight, but they're just shas with jetpacks. I wouldn't even call this a battlesuit, and not even include the XV designation. The points are ok, however the Shas'Ui should still be +10.

XV36

Again, the Weight class number is wrong. This is basically a cheap XV8 with Iridium Armour, and you switched the S and T values. Up the points to 55 at least and change it to XV-87 or something like that. Bodyguard only is good, but this means you have to give your HQ the Iridium Armour upgrade, too. Or just have him and his team outfitted in these suits.

XV47

If this is a variant on the XV8, then it's still an XV8, no need to change the weight class number. The points are good, but give'em their T5 back. Instead of reducing all weapons to 18", it should be just reduced by 6", to a minimum of 12" (so Rapid Fire would still be 12", and Fusions don't get a reduction) I think that gives a better "I'm going too fast to shoot straight" idea.

They're good, you just have to stick to what's established (XV weight class, for example)
Old 28 Oct 2006, 10:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123

coooooooooool! ;D
Old 28 Oct 2006, 12:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal'Yth Riyon Mal'Caor (Orion549)
A few things about these:

XV54

First thing, the first number in the XV suit number is the Weight class. That means these guys would be between an XV2 and an XV8 suit in weight, but they're just shas with jetpacks. I wouldn't even call this a battlesuit, and not even include the XV designation. The points are ok, however the Shas'Ui should still be +10.

XV36

Again, the Weight class number is wrong. This is basically a cheap XV8 with Iridium Armour, and you switched the S and T values. Up the points to 55 at least and change it to XV-87 or something like that. Bodyguard only is good, but this means you have to give your HQ the Iridium Armour upgrade, too. Or just have him and his team outfitted in these suits.

XV47

If this is a variant on the XV8, then it's still an XV8, no need to change the weight class number. The points are good, but give'em their T5 back. Instead of reducing all weapons to 18", it should be just reduced by 6", to a minimum of 12" (so Rapid Fire would still be 12", and Fusions don't get a reduction) I think that gives a better "I'm going too fast to shoot straight" idea.

They're good, you just have to stick to what's established (XV weight class, for example)
What would the numbers be then. I just took numbers out of thin air. I don't really care what the designation is. Besides that, they are all not XV8s. The Halo is actually a battlesuit, not just a fire warrior with a jet pack. Where is the numbering convention for these. I'll use them if I can find them.

Cheers!
Quote:
Old 28 Oct 2006, 14:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

honestly I think you could make tau proxy's of Vespid for the Halo suit.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 15:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

The Halo guys would probably have to be XV-1's, and would be close to the old stealths in design with less armor, no stealth field and no burst cannon.
Old 28 Oct 2006, 17:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

shasocastris, on your Lightning battlesuit, do they still have the assault move? Also I would say that to make it easier, I would say that the "Too Fast!" rule reduces the BS of the Suit to 2. The reason for this is that some bozo will take a TL fusion blaster and a burst cannon. Neither weapon is affected by your "Too Fast!" rule. With a reduction in the BS, they would have to take the Targeting Array just to have a good shot at hitting ANYTHING! I would also make it that special issue weapons can not be taken with the Lightning suits... that would be too sick to have a Cyclonic Ion Blaster on one of these bad boys.