Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ack! Why does this keep happening to me!?!?
Closed Thread
Old 04 Jan 2005, 01:39   #1 (permalink)
Tau Tau

Default Ack! Why does this keep happening to me!?!?

Ok, so I like Tau okay, right? But I keep having second thoughts. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to purchase some DH or WH, then AH, but...I don't know...

I mean, besides personal preference, what are some reasons for me to stay with Tau? Or leave Tau?

I JUST WANT MY INNER PEACE, DANGIT!!!

(great, now I'm gonna hafta change my name and sig. *sigh*...)

Old 04 Jan 2005, 02:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Ack! Why does this keep happening to me!?!?

Stay with Tau? Looks and power are great choices. Leave? Maybe you want a CC army.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 04 Jan 2005, 03:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

stay with Tau but if you have some extra money you can do what I did and put together a little 1,000 point army of something different to pull out every once in a while... playing chaos marines every once in a while lets me get into CC and not be completely destroyed.... its refreshing
Old 04 Jan 2005, 04:28   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

If you must leave Tau for a while, then by all means leave the Tau. Just don't forget about them and someday you may go back to them after you've got the 'Hunter' army the way you want it.
Old 04 Jan 2005, 04:39   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yup. All good advice. I've got a few armies, and when I play them instead of my beloved Tau, I find that yes, I like their abilities in close combat, but I really miss the technology and flexibility (and relative cheapness!) of the Tau list. So, whatever you do, hang on to your Tau. Playing other lists may make you appreciate them more.
Old 04 Jan 2005, 05:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I have Eldar and Tau. I wouldent think of getting rid of either. The Tau have railguns, the Eldar have baharoth. Those in themeselves are good reasons to stay with both armies. (though I favor Tau more)

Pick one of the hunter armies and go with it but keep the Tau. Dont sell them or get rid of them in any way.

Old 04 Jan 2005, 06:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

this is the age old gamers dilemma. motivation. so buy some WH if you want to but split your money equally, buy WH, Buy Tau....... thats the way I do it, I play Eldar,Tau,IF SMurfs. and it gives me enhough of a break to get back to painting and gaming w/ my Tau.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 06 Jan 2005, 02:25   #8 (permalink)
Tau Tau

NOOOOO!!! now I have a sudden urge to do Tyranids! Alright, here's the cycle:

1) Tau
2) Inquisitorial Armies
3) Dark Eldar
4) Tyranids

rinse and repeat...

*smacks himself* I can't get out of it! This bust and boom cycle has been going on for a month now. Somebody, help. Please...

Old 06 Jan 2005, 02:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I always have the urge to collect Raven Guard Marines and Alpha Legion. I actually started a Biel-Tan force but got bored of that. Now it's only Tau for me.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 06 Jan 2005, 03:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I know how you feel. I've been in the same dilema for about 2 years now. I would start one army, then flit over to the next, and so on and so on, selling my old armies as I go. Finally about a week ago I broke all the armies up into "sections". I have three sections and they are as follows:

1) Primary Armies
2) Secondary Armies
3) Back Burner Armies

Primary armies are the ones I will collect first. Currently there are 3 lists; LaTD, Space Marines, and Witch Hunters. Each one has a little differant "Modeling technique, ensureing that I don't get bored and run off to the next thing that catches my eye. It also helps to keep the armies small. Mine are all 1000pts that I will gradually add on to in equal measures. Of course I will also start by collecting the armies in equal measures as well. Since I have almost half of my Space Marine armie already, mostly by unexpected suprises (x-mas) I now will start the other 2 as well, and put aside my Space Marines for now.

Secondary armies are the ones that I will collect after my Primary Armies are complete. I will go about the same way in collecting them, as well as the armies I choose. They are always opposites. This way you won't get bored of doing the same thing over and over again. Currently I have 2 lists here; Eldar and Word Bearers, 2 completely differany playing, modeling and painting styles that ensures me a variaty of modeling aspects.

Back Burner armies are exactly the way they sound. These are the armies I know I want to collect eventually, but I don't have the same enthusiasm as I do for the other armies. As of now I have 2 Armies; Space Wolves and Orks.

Any way, I hope my advice as inspired you to prioritize your ambitions. You will be suprised at how well this works. Just resist the temptation to buy a whole army at once, or else you will drastically lose interest in them as you set to the task of modeling and painting them. By collecting them in steps or phases, you can take your time to ensure each model is a work of art, adding small conversions here and there to add some character to your army. Trust me, when you are done, you will look at all your well built and painted armies in pride and be the envy of your gaming group, unless there are people better then you :.

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Closed Thread