Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Post your fave Commander
Closed Thread
Old 20 Oct 2006, 02:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Post your fave Commander

Just what the subject line says, how do you actually equip your commanders, and why?

There's a lot of variants out there, and it would be cool to know what people field for themselves.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 06:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby
Default Re: Post your fave Commander

Just the standard fireknive ( maybe with some addition )

Because of the higher ballistic skill you need to build something that is usefull in a few more ways. That way you dont waste a turn with youre commander
Old 20 Oct 2006, 07:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Wow, not a whole lot of replies so far ;D Good to know the old workhorses are still getting use though!
Old 20 Oct 2006, 07:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Olannon

Fireknife basically with a third weapon (CIB for me) for added flexibility. I've seen people do fireknives with fusion blasters well too.

In smaller games I prefer a standard Shas'el Fireknife with TA for the added BS.

~Olannon
Old 20 Oct 2006, 08:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm currently making a Commander conversion (pics here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=33655.0). But so far I'm giving him a CIB, AFB, stims, TA (as the's an 'El) and probably more...

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 09:30   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

My shas'els and shas'o are kitted the same way: PR, MP, FB, HWMT.

99 for a shas'el, 124 for the O. Never let me down once, 95% of the time they make their points back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 16:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Shas'O: XV-84 Markerlight/Target lock; Missle Pod; CIB; Command and Control Node; Stimm Injectors; HW Multi-Tracker.

Shas'El: Missle Pod; Plasma; Fusion; Multi-Tracker; Iridium Armour

Shas'O is a support commander. He sits with my static base and makes sure they're hitting the right targets with his C&CN and BS5 Marker. Been contemplating putting Marker Drones with him, too. I'm not so sure about that, he's definately getting a retinue to support him though.

Shas'El is the only garaunteed Deep Striker in my army. If I can, this guy drops in every game. Been thinking of putting Shield Drones on him. The whole IC thing doesn't matter much because once my Shas'O gets his Body guard, one of them will have a Positional Relay, so he WILL drop in 2nd turn behind the enemy tank/heavy unit and will be targetable anyways. So I want him to survive long enough to do some damage. But right now it's ok without, because he comes in on turn 3 or 4 most of the time, so can retreat with his IC status pretty quick when he needs it.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 18:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal'Yth Riyon Mal'Caor (Orion549)
Shas'O: XV-84 Markerlight/Target lock; Missile Pod; CIB; Command and Control Node; Stimm Injectors; HW Multi-Tracker.
Sounds like a great Commander. I was moaning as late as last night about how annoying it is that the Codex Commander can't get a Markerlight on his suit. A bit like the new Eldar Auntarch (sp?), the Commander should have all the technology available to him.

-Khelben
I'll stare the xxxxxxx in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 18:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It is, it's FW, but the cost is the same as giving a ML/TL to a Shas'Ui.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 18:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Aurora+ Shas'El and Helios+ Shas'El, at 100 and 97 points, respectively. Shock commanders! They use their IC status in order to protect their expensive loadouts, which are rather powerful, but bad for killing swarms. Excellent at killing Termies and their equivilents.

Aurora: Cyclic Ion Blaster and Plasma Rifle, with a Multi-Tracker (may or may not be hard wired), the '+' refers to the Targetting Array.
Helios: Fusion Blaster and Plasma Rifle, with a Multi-Tracker (may or may not be hard wired), the '+' refers to the Targetting Array.
Screaming defiance with the last breath,
To spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"

Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all stratagem is lost, and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.

Tell me now, is there a man among you here, is there no one who will stand up and try to fight? Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks, is there no one who values courage over life?
Closed Thread