Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau and Dark Eldar
Closed Thread
Old 18 Oct 2006, 01:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau and Dark Eldar

A simple question - is there any fluff of Tau dealings with the Dark Eldar, and furthermore, if so, what do they name the Dark Eldar?

Thanks.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 01:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau and Dark Eldar

On Medusa V the Tau fought the Dark Eldar. The Tau have also experienced raids on outlaying colonies by the Dark Eldar. The Taqu have definantaly faced every major opponent in the 40k universe. I do not know the Tau name for the DE but I'm guessing it's like the Twisted Ones, or maybe that is for chaos. no I dea. I'm bad at making names.

Old 18 Oct 2006, 01:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Dark Eldar also fancy torturing Tau very much....

Edit: Well, ya know, they like torturing everything, but Tau are blue!
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 01:54   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I doubt the Tau have really seen enough of the Dark Eldar to draw a distinction between them and regular Eldar. When the Dark Eldar are successful on a raid, there are generally few or no survivors. And when they fail, I doubt they leave much behind. Since they tend to attack at night and are extremely fast, in wouldn't be too difficult for them to recover their wounded comrades and damaged vehicles (although those comrades probably have a worse fate in store for them ). On the other hand, someone among the Craftworld Eldar, Demiurg, or Rogue Traders has probably explained the difference to them by now.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 02:04   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Well, the reason why I'm inquiring is that recently I've been absolutely gripped by a fascination to write a story of a Dark Eldar archon somehow having been captured by the Tau. The idea of someone like her eventually being convinced to serve the Greater Good is intriugingly twisted, because it essentially involves betraying her own kind but yet...isn't it a victory for normal decency?

And of course, the simple idea of a Dark Eldar archon trying to kill herself because she can't bear to hear speeches about peace, love and cooperation is deliciously amusing.

Naturally, I'll appreciate any advice, thoughts, or reasonings form the much better versed posters on this forum.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 02:08   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Hmmm.... Given how cunning and manipulative you have to be to reach and retain the rank of Archon, I have to imagine she would beat most Tau in a verbal battle. The Tau are still a little naive when it comes to converting new allies, and they might not keep as tight a guard as they probably should. You aren't going to find a race more self-serving than the Eldar, and the Dark Eldar are by far the worst of the lot.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 03:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Agreed - to be an Archon, one of the Dark Kin must be tretcherous in every degree - physical violence, psychological intimidation, political maneuvering...

As far as the Archon would be concerned, the Tau could give very little to a Dark Eldar but victims to torture - Eldar technology is much more advanced, and they have the general attitude that everyone is is lower than them; a captured Dark Eldar (if it's possible to do so...) would be practically impossible to contain, let alone talk to on level terms. Think about being kidnapped and interogated by a flock of seagulls.

I suppose the Tau could offer a life free of threats of assassination by subordinates, and death waiting at the front doorstep, but as WG once said - they're Dark Eldar, not Emo Eldar, and they torture, backstap, and terrorize because they love doing it >.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 03:37   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

They could make her endure Barney videos
Old 18 Oct 2006, 07:15   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

You can't "capture" Dark Eldar. Even if you do managed to aprehend one of them, they will invariably die very quickly as their souls are consumed by She Who Thirsts.

In the meantime, all you'll get is arrogance and spite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 18 Oct 2006, 08:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Who is "She Who Trirsts"?
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is the way the world ends. a friend of a friend (The First Cortana Letter) R.I.P KJ
Closed Thread