Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Tau vs. Blood Angels.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default [BatRep] Tau vs. Blood Angels.

Yesterday i played in a megabattle (Draw) and then decided to play with a friend. His force was something like this: Mounted Blood angel squad, another squad, a predator, those... kill team? guys. And his Hq, a calidus asassin.. I was using this 'ionhead' mounted fire warrior squad, two small fire warrior squads, commander with plasma, burst, target array, multi-tracker, another suit with plasma, missile, target array, hard wired multi-tracker and a piranha with decoy.

THis was also 700 points.

He deploys his forces to use the best part of cover and tanks avaliable. Pred and kill team (Really not sure, but there 'free&#39 rhino beside it. Then the tac squad, then the mounted tac squad. I deploy my mounted team inside the devilfish, on the flank where they have their mounted squad. THen my two small teams in ruins, one on a building. My hammerhead sits on the highest point in the map, while my commander and other crisis suit move around. Piranha deploys beside far right fire warrior squad.

I get first turn, but his calidus assain moves my hammheread back 6 inches. I promply move it back. Horray multi-trackers. Whole force exeot for static warriors move forward. During shooting phase i blow up both rhinos, and immobilise the pred. A few marins fall here and there. Assault move my suits forward for better LOS. Calidus moves forward, and flames two fire warriors, then knifes another, before exiting combat. Everyone else just takes cover.

Piranha and hammerhead ion cannon kill the calidus, while the smart missile system destroyes the pred. Fire warriors... fire and kill many marines, plasma suits fire, finishing another squad. FoF with mounted squad against the flank mobile squad of blood angels, hiding behind their rhino. 27 shots, 20 hits, 15 wounds... 10 failed saves... I FoF an entier squad! At this point he has some scouts, kill team and thats it, so he surrendered to the greater good.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: (bat-rep) Tau Vs Blood Angels.

How does he have the assassin? He needs and Inquisitor to have an assassin.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2006, 21:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [BatRep] Tau vs. Blood Angels.

Oh the little cheap arse...
Old 17 Oct 2006, 01:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's changed since CODEX: Assassin... He needs an Inquisitor to gain access to the Assassin. Furthermore, =I= can be taken as the HQ or Elite, and Assassins are always Elite and 0-1 per army.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 02:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

As a rule if you have time before the game read your opponents codex. This will help to stem any power gaming that might come up. Or just go out and buy all of the codexes and be the master of all armies.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2006, 22:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

LOL well, next time i play him, lets just say Ninja'O for fourty points... Fight fire with fire. But please remember that i will not cheat, unless against a known cheater.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 13:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Don;t cheat period. Just say before a game against known cheaters, "I'd like to see your army list." If that doesn't work (or you are in tournament play, ask him to show you anything fishy in his codex. If he refuses, look for another copy of the codex and reference it.

Besides that, just throwing in a crisis team with fus,plas,MultiT would be deadly enough.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 16:33   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

in the new Blood Angels Codex he can't have a free rhino but in the old one if his death company(or kill team as you say) would be allowed a ree rihno if they don't have jump packs.

For the !Greater Good!
TheEvilOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2007, 00:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Erm, yeah...

Callidus is always elites, and always requires an inquisitor, as everyone already stated.

And it ALWAYS deepstrikes. Period. Whether he wants it to or not. Remind him of that. Plus he needs to complete his own compulsory choices before he can take =][= choices. You got cheated bad.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote