Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Are these good Crisis suits?
Closed Thread
Old 13 Oct 2006, 21:02   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Are these good Crisis suits?

Im needing to decide if this squad is any good? im looking at making them as versatile as possible, but within the confines of the conversion i have in mind - the burst cannons barrels and rotary bit, glued to where the hand is.

1 - twin linkd burst cannons
2 - misile pods
3 - hard wired multi-tracker (the one that lets you fire 2 weapons)
Old 13 Oct 2006, 21:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Are these good crsis suites?

well is this for a basic crisis? because i could be wrong but I don't believe they can take hard-wired systems. I also wouldn't suggest useing weapons at opposite ranges like that. the burst cannon is short range anti infantry and missile pod is long range anti light tank or heavy infantry. perhaps replace the missile pod with a flamer, cyclic ion blaster or a AFP.
anyway that's just my 2 cents

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Old 13 Oct 2006, 21:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Cheeseman is right--if they aren't bodyguards, team leaders, or equivalent they won't be able to take 3 hardpoints and a HW multi-tracker.

However, I personally really like the BC/MP combo (I believe the normal name for them is Firestorm). They are about as good as you can get for mowing down GEQ's and it puts out the most number of shots per turn at 18" of all crisis options (excluding special issue weapons). It is also fairly cheap, compared to sunfire and fireknife setups. The MP gives you the ability to do some damage far out and take on light armor, and the burst cannon tosses out a huge number of shots at a very respectable range. While some complain that the 2 weapons are different enough to warrant not taking them together, I would argue that the sychronicity between the two is not the range or strength but the number of shots per turn. 5 shots per turn per model is quite respectable at 18". Toss in a markelight hit or two, and goodbye guardsmen (insert favorite GEQ here) in the double digits.

I think that they are a good all-around crisis setup, and have had good success with them. However, opinions seem varied in general and they might not be the best choice if you face alot of 4+ or better saves or generally take more specialized squads.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 22:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

if your going for anti GEQs, take a shas'vre with TL burst cannon, APFB, and a HW MT. Very nice at 18". Have fun
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 09:47   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Are these good Crisis suits?

i actually face space marines he vast majority of the time, ive just gotten the idea that if i fire enough flak at them, some of them have to go down!

Ill just replace the second Burst cannon with the multi targetor
Old 14 Oct 2006, 10:16   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Usually l use the crisis equipped with PR and BC, or l change the BC with MP or with the FG, the BC is very effectiv against the marines also if u use the PR.
All my crisis have the PR, a crisis without the PR is not a crisis.
The 3rd hardpoint is always a multitracker, if the crisis is a shas'vre or a leader l give him 2 shield drones and HW multiracker.

Shas'o Bork'an Or'es Mont'ka (Bladecutter)
Old 14 Oct 2006, 17:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

as far as marines go more shots always help but i find twinlinked plasma to do some serious damage.i don't have time right now to do out the math but within rapid fire range that's gonna be a sizeable chunk of a spacemarine squad.
plasma and fusion plus a multitracker work great to. I'm not sure which works better but if i have time later tonight i can do it out.

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Closed Thread