Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ideas for fighting Guard, anybody?
Closed Thread
Old 11 Oct 2006, 23:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Ideas for fighting Guard, anybody?

Does anybody have any good thing to use against guard? I really need some.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 23:56   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: ideas anybody??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaso Rael
Does anybody have any good thing to use against guard? I really need some.
Well, Railheads are always a great choice, able to deal effectively with both armor and light infantry with ease. Kroot and Stealth Teams are also nice for putting pressure on static support units.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Ideas for fighting Guard, anybody?

Fire Warriors and Stealthsuits will tear their Infantry to shreds. Hammerheads will crunch their armour and then their infantry.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Take Railguns (Hammerheads, Broadsides don't offer Subs) to take out static infantry teams (Subs deal a lot of damage to them with strong hits, decent AP, and large blast radius), and vehicles (light to heavy vehicles can be easily dealt with by Railguns). Also like noted Kroot, Firewarriors and Stealth Teams are a nice addition to your army as well, Kroot and Firewarriors provide decently accurate armour piercing shots in high squad numbers, while Stealth Suits can each deal out a lot of anti-infantry rounds.

Battlesuits with Burst Cannons and Missile Pods can also cause a lot of damage, each offering some nice anti-infantry shots, while providing anti-light tank power, ideal for taking out Chimeras, and the rear sides of tougher vehicles such as Leman Russ'.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

make lots of use of your pulse weapons and the sub rail gun, battlesuits mith MP take care of the vehicles.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 00:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

First off don't load up on the Rail Heads because they are expensive. Maybe add a BS or two for Anti-Tank duty, sniper drone teams work well in my experience. All pusle fire you can bring to bear helps here. Also if your opponent has a basalisk use drones as they are cheap and can take out a tank on the rear armour.

Old 12 Oct 2006, 02:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis 5-41
First off don't load up on the Rail Heads because they are expensive. Maybe add a BS or two for Anti-Tank duty, sniper drone teams work well in my experience. All pusle fire you can bring to bear helps here. Also if your opponent has a basalisk use drones as they are cheap and can take out a tank on the rear armour.
well i disagree though expensive a railhead will easily make it's points back against guard if not double them. it can take vehicles and infantry and won't die because of one ap 2 shot(basilisk round blam no more broadsides) sniper teams are useless against guard their low ap is wasted an they don't have anything going for them that a normal pulse rifle doesn't. both the railrifle and pulse rifle will wound a guardsmen on 2s and allow no save. and as far as drones go they are 2 pts More then a firewarrior and when facing basilisks opponents will oftentimes deny you rear armor by simply parking with the rear end on the edge of the table.
stealthsuits, firewarrirors and hammerheads are life savers here. target tanks and heavy weapons first and then take out their remotely weak infantry at your liesure.
good luck!

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 04:49   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

might i point out that also as a gaurd player, its those relativly weak infantry that do alot of the killnig for me through sheer numbers. SO when ever my friends do as you say and target my vehicles it just lets me get my infantry that much closer. Plus never count out carapace as it allows them to get 4+ armor saves that wont be negated by pluse fire, or chameoline cloaks that add +1 to all cover saves meaning that they can always have at least 5+ or more if they have even the smallest form of cover or better. So im just saying dont count out the squishy infantry they can be killers with grenade launchers, and plamsa guns
Old 12 Oct 2006, 05:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Stealth suits and Deathrains. Stealth suits chew through massed infantry, and deathrains can instant kill their infantry and any light vehicles they have.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 09:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

would CIB do well with its high rate if fire? and AFP?
Closed Thread