Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 point very mobile Army List
Closed Thread
Old 01 Jan 2005, 09:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 1500 point very mobile Army List

Based around the FoF theory but with hammerheads as well . Let me know what you think.

HQ:

Ethereal - no gear.

Shas'el - Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Sheild Generator, Hard wired Multitracker

ELITES:

6 Stealth Suits - Bonded

2 Crisis Suits - Team Leader, Hard wired Target lock, 2 Missile Pods, 2 Plasma rifles, 2 Multitrackers

TROOPS:

12 Fire Warriors - Shasui, Markerlight, Photon Grenades, Bonded.
Devilfish - Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod

12 Kroot - Shaper, Kroot Armour Save.

FAST ATTACK:

8 Kroot Hounds

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Hammerhead - Railgun, Smart missiles, Black Sun filter, Decoy launchers, Disruption Pod, Target Lock

Hammerhead - Ion Cannon, Smart Missiles, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod

With this army I can either pull a double FoF, with a Fish and a Head in each formation or one large one with the Ion-Head leading the two Fish. With the lack of Broadsides (and accompanying Railguns) the Crisis Suits may end up Deep striking to the back of the enemy deployment to take Plasma Rifle shots at heavy tank RA. Otherwise they support and harrass, jumping in and out of range. The stealths and the kroot with their infiltrate ability can either hold one flank or harass and annoy with relative impunity..
Old 01 Jan 2005, 09:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1500 point very mobile Army List

Good list, I'd be tempted to drop the Kroot and get another fish squad and upgrade the HH to carry Railgun and Burst Cannons for the FoF
Old 01 Jan 2005, 09:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The Ion-Head is there for its 3 AP3 shots. The lead Head in the 3 vehicle formation is dependant on the enemy. Railgun with Subbys for stuff like orks and gaurd, Ion-Head for stuff like marines, necrons etc..

Variety is the spice of life after all.
Old 01 Jan 2005, 09:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If you warry about marines give your crisis twin Plasma Rifles
Old 01 Jan 2005, 09:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thought about that, but due to a short attention span (I like making many armies) and small cash flow for my hobby i tend to build 1500 point armies designed to take on all comers.
Old 01 Jan 2005, 09:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah but, just use firknife suits, better bang for the buch
Old 01 Jan 2005, 10:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

How about dropping the Shas El for Shas O? Way worth the points.

And drop the bondage with the stealth, your losing if your enemy is shooting them down.
More FWs. Come one, 24? Thats laughable. Hardly gonna pack a punch. Your outnumbered by marines! And Kroot suck, nuff said.
Kroot Hounds are worhtless.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 01 Jan 2005, 10:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

if i were you id save some points on the crisis suits and just make them both fireknife, no extra team leader or target lock stuff, also for the shas'el, make it fireknife and upgrade to shas'o with a few points already saved (bs 5 works wonders if this guys is used right)

ok the fire warriors, they are in devilfishes so get rid of the markerlight and get rid of photon grenades, they dont get assaulted! have confidence.

as for the kroot either drop them for more fire warriors (not reccomneded) or buy some more so you can field a full 20, im afraid 12 of them with no armour saves will go down like flys and there wont be enough left to prove their woprth when it comes to charging, they can also breaka lot easier!

as for the hounds, well IMO 20 kroot would be best as they have the kroot rifle whcih at 12" has a fair deal of stopping power, but your setup of kroot isnt bad.

On the hammerheads you can save poitns!

HH1 - drop the target lock, blacksun filter (unless you know you will be playing at night), and smart missile
Railgun, Burst Cannons (if you arwe using these with FoF then BC are the better option,
Multitracker, Decoy Launchers - 165

HH2 - Identical except if you really have to take the ion cannon...id value the pie plate of the HH myself and its only another 20points whcih you could save on some of the upgrades ebing taken away from the HH's!
Old 01 Jan 2005, 13:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

ok, this list has upgrade problems...... far too many.

HQ:

Ethereal - no gear.
Drop him as you have no static firebase to protect him and with FoF you never need to check for shooting at not the closest.

Shas'el - Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Sheild Generator, Hard wired Multitracker
Drop the sheild gen, he gets enough protection from the suits.

ELITES:

6 Stealth Suits - Bonded
good, bonded is neccecary here as if you get down to 3 stealths and break you just lost 90pts and you cant get it back.

2 Crisis Suits - Team Leader, Hard wired Target lock, 2 Missile Pods, 2 Plasma rifles, 2 Multitrackers
drop the TLeader and TL, waste of ponts

TROOPS:

drop the flashlight and the 'Nades, the FW aint getting assaulted.

12 Kroot - Shaper, Kroot Armour Save.
ok, we buy kroot in mobs fo 20 no AS, nothing else. drop these or bump up to 20.

FAST ATTACK:

8 Kroot Hounds
you'd be better served turning these into kroot as they cos 1 pt more and have bolters to fire from cover w/

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Hammerhead - Railgun, Smart missiles, Black Sun filter, Decoy launchers, Disruption Pod, Target Lock

Hammerhead - Ion Cannon, Smart Missiles, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod
woah, some odd configs here, best IMO is Rail,BC,MultiT,DPod at 165 points its cheap and effective, change to that.

thoughts on investing remaining points - a FoF if you have enough or another HH.

With this army I can either pull a double FoF, with a Fish and a Head in each formation or one large one with the Ion-Head leading the two Fish. With the lack of Broadsides (and accompanying Railguns) the Crisis Suits may end up Deep striking to the back of the enemy deployment to take Plasma Rifle shots at heavy tank RA. Otherwise they support and harrass, jumping in and out of range. The stealths and the kroot with their infiltrate ability can either hold one flank or harass and annoy with relative impunity..

not bad but another FoF adds much more flexibility so go for that and beware of Ds the crisis and commander a if the commander scatters closer to the enemy he will be fired upon. so just setting up and working round is often safer.

Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 01 Jan 2005, 14:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

If could just be a typo but you suggest a disruption pod for the HH? i find these rarley work and especially if you are goign to be going in close with the hammerhead its better to swap these with decoy launchers for the same price.