Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

is it possible to make a fully kroot army with a few tau as backup?
Closed Thread
Old 29 Dec 2004, 02:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default is it possible to make a fully kroot army with a few tau as backup?

Is there any way to make a kroot army that would be any good? When I say kroot army, I mean like all 4 troop choices being kroot and all of the kroot having all of the upgrades and the most models to possibly have in each unit, along with krootox making up the heavy support. I think it would be sorta interesting to try out, though it probably wouldn't work mainly because of their low armor save. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, or any criticism please post them.

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.
tyranids- 200pts. (battle for mccrage )
Lost and the damned- 300pts. (just started)

pm me if you play halo2 on xbox live!
Old 29 Dec 2004, 03:58   #2 (permalink)
Tau Tau

Default Re: is it possible to make a fully kroot army with a few tau as backup?

"Bad, Bad Tau Tau, Bad! *whaps with newspaper* No Biscuit!"

Old 29 Dec 2004, 04:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Sort of...

I believe there is a Kroot army list - that would give you a fully Kroot army. I suppose you can take Tau as your allies and include a few if you want them
Old 29 Dec 2004, 04:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You'd need to use the Kroot Mercenaries list. It's probably the toughest list to use in the game, but far from useless.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 29 Dec 2004, 05:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

in CA 2004 it has the kroot list which can b used with anything but sm,ig,sisters,necrons ,nids and tau.

But its far from the hardest list to use in the game and i would say its 1 of the only lists that can hit 1st turn combat with mobs larger than orks i'm talking 40 models in 1 squad with fof. Combine this with some sniper fire and ur all set.

Not to mention kroot with escervators are a very bada$$ model. 3 attacks which strike at i3 anyways so might as well b str 8.

Not to mention the ability to deploy 12'' away from the enemy.

I dont care who u are its very very hard to stop 3 squads of 40 that are only 12inches away from your deployment zone. That can fleet of foot and have calvary backing them up.

I recently went out and got about 200 or so kroot/hounds i decided that i can combind them with alot of my other armies My chaos lists and eldar / darkeldar.

Personally i like them as a substitute for darkeldar warriors they are about the same cost but imo have a superior weps / stats for the same price.

But you really could combind them with your tau army just use 1 squad of fire warriors 1 squad of drones and mabe 2 hammer heads or 2 broadside units and not much can stand in the way of so many kroot with such precise backup firepower.

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 29 Dec 2004, 07:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

IMO the kroot mec list is the hardest as it takes away the biggest advantage of kroot, 7 points per model for insane stats for 7pts.

making a mostly kroot Tau list is possible and will probably win a lot. the Tau units cover the kroots main weakness, they cant deal w/ armour.

so maybe the compulsory FW squad as a FoF squad and 4 mobs of 20 kroot 3 HH w/ Railguns and standard kit plus 6 fireknife suits and a fireknife'el for heavy infantry and you have your list at 1520pts, you could drop one of the crisis teams for another squad of kroot and some hounds but I dont reccomend it.

this list makes premiere use of the 7pt Kroot, its a bargain and they are inanely hard to move off the objective ;D/cover ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 30 Dec 2004, 06:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Before the Chapter approved came out and you where able to take a Kroot Mercenary list with all Kroot I did an army of as many Kroot as I could and the one list of Tau Fire Warriors.

I took a couple suits converted with Kroot heads sticking out of them to show that Kroot where operating them and I took 3 Broadsides and 6 suits and the rest where all Kroot in an 1,850pts army.

That was around 102 or something like that Kroot!

And you know what I lost......
Oh wait thats not the point.
I played one game I lost against a chaos army with deamons and in hth I was getting torn up and the chaos bikes made it to my broadsides and tore them to pieces.

And ..... Wait thats not the point either....

It was fun and cool and I liked seeing it and I did get better with it and when terrain kicked in I was doing alot better with it.

I called them renegade Kroot.
They had taken over the small tau force they where fighting along side and where using there suits and what not for the Kroots greater good!

Heres a couple shots of those old converted suits.

Commander Kroot in battle suit!
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...4/24214051.jpg

Kroot Crisis missile team
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...4/24213966.jpg

Kroot Broadsides
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...4/24214067.jpg

And my closer combat kroot Suits
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...4/47169812.jpg

Ya I love this army for all the kroot in it and the old now but fun converted suits.

This army is over 2 years old now.
Thinks back.............
Old 30 Dec 2004, 06:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

I remember those ;D, still cool :P.
go here
Old 30 Dec 2004, 06:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygamer(on Holiday,6 weeks)
I remember those ;D, still cool :P.
You remeber that?
Thats funny I remember everyone going on and on about how there heads stuck out and they looked dumb.

But I was like sorry but kroot are way taller than tau and would never fit in that small cockpit and the electrical afety device that only lets tau in would have to be removed and the tech would be way to much for Kroot so they would have to dumb them down.

So thats what I did.
Old 30 Dec 2004, 07:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

I dont think I said that they looked wierd, but the head sticking out the top does look"funny"maybe cutting the middle out and building the cockpit w/ a kroot in it would have been better. but hey, its still cool.
go here
Closed Thread