Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

hard wired system?
Closed Thread
Old 16 Sep 2006, 00:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to firewarrior123
Default hard wired system?

can commanders get 3 hard wired systems and still be able to have three hard points, or is it only one hrd wired?
Old 16 Sep 2006, 00:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: hard wired system?

It says pretty clearly 'anyone with acess to the wargear list may take up to 100 pts of gear'

Cheers.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 01:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Clarification: Weapon Hard Points and Hard Wired are two completely different things.

Hard Wired basically means its built into the suit, and doesnt take a hardpoint.

You may have been confused a bit with the 'limit of 3' for commanders from the old codex, where a commander could have up to 3 hard wired systems, and everyone else that is able to get hardwired stuff can get only one.

All that went out the window with the new codex, and now everyone able to can buy up as many hard wired systems as they want, up to 100 points (like thats even possible!)
Old 16 Sep 2006, 02:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Speaking of hard-wired things in general, what the heck is a hard-wired multi-tracker supposed to do on a Shas'ui? They don't have two weapons they can fire. Supposedly, hard-wired systems on Fire Warriors are identical to their battlesuit counterparts.

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 03:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yes they do. PR or PC and a Markerlight. I use that config all the time. Basically the Shas'Ui marks and shoots at an infantry squad, then the next unit uses the marker to get +1 BS and shoot, and the Shas'Ui marks and shoots, and so on down the line. Gives your FWs an effective BS3.5.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 06:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, but don`t forget that Markerlighs don`t profit from other ML hits - which means that your Pulse Rifle/Pulse Carbine could hit on a 3+, your ML only on a 4+ :P
Old 16 Sep 2006, 06:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yup, that's why it only gives the FWs a BS 3.5 Eq, not BS 3.66.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 06:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion549
Yes they do. PR or PC and a Markerlight. I use that config all the time. Basically the Shas'Ui marks and shoots at an infantry squad, then the next unit uses the marker to get +1 BS and shoot, and the Shas'Ui marks and shoots, and so on down the line. Gives your FWs an effective BS3.5.
OMG... THATS SO.... wow
Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

With the new Markerlight rules, it's the only way to make a static army work, and it makes them work REALLY well. Those odd turns where all the MLs hit your opponent cries. S5 hitting like Marines OWNS. I never fear my friend's Speed Freek army because only one unit will get through to my lines normally, and then once they're done assaulting they're dead. I can't wait to try it against a Nid or other hoardy army, but the SF are the only fast-assault army I play right now. My friend's Word Bearers don't like fighting my Tau much, either.

That being said, I've only gotten a few crushing victories in the past, most are just solid, or a draw where I've got the upper hand. Though I figure I get more practice in and start playing people that aren't the current few I play with, as we've all been playing for at least the past 7 years (I worked at a GW when Tau came out. I'm sad they didn't interest me then, 'cuz I would've had so much so cheap) and they've been playing longer than me. So they're really good, esp. my friend that plays the Freeks, he's a statigic genius, he's hard to beat playing ANY strategy game, from Chess to Risk or 40k.

We'll also see how it goes when the new Eldar 'dex comes out....
Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

HW multis on battlesuits are necessary in my books.