Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A possible loophole
Closed Thread
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default A possible loophole

Well, I've always thought that the rule for twin-linked weaponry was retarded, and so I was reading through the codex and I noticed that nowhere does it say that I can't take two identical weapons on an XV8 and fire them separately. The weapons have separate point costs for single and twin-linked, so it seems perfectly legal to do so.

To do this though I would have to pay the individual weapon cost twice (for the two weapons firing separately) and buy a multitracker (to fire the two weapons) so I don't see this as unbalanced as some might think it.

Broadside wouldn't be able to do this because the codex does not give broadsides the option to take a single railgun or plasma rifle so no loophole there.

What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A possible loophole

Yeah there is no loop hole there just GW's bad wording. If you take two weapons then they're twinlinked. It is just that. because two non-TL missiles pods is CHEESE to such an extent that your opponent can have all of his models with starcannons.

Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
...and I noticed that nowhere does it say that I can't take two identical weapons on an XV8 and fire them separately. The weapons have separate point costs for single and twin-linked, so it seems perfectly legal to do so.
Actually, it says that "no model can pick the same item twice" on the sheet for Battlesuit Armory.

So, No?
Brannigan: A valid question. We know nothing about their language, their history or what they look like. But we can assume this: they stand for everything we dont stand for. Also they told me you guys look like dorks!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 22:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well it's still cheese in the extreme.

Old 30 Aug 2006, 23:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

its not cheese, since its illegal. You can't do it. The only one that can picked the wrong set of guns to do it with, counts as a scoring unit, and costs a ****load of points. Shadowsun. And special characters are exceptions to the rules, never a precedent (unless marines I guess)
Old 31 Aug 2006, 03:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

aw nuts. I see now the phrase "no model can pick the same item twice".

Still, I plan on tricking some nooby smurf-playing 8-year olds with this one, just for the fun of it. Casual play, you know.

Quote:
Quote:
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 04:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Still, I plan on tricking some nooby smurf-playing 8-year olds with this one, just for the fun of it. Casual play, you know.
Sorry, but thats pretty low. Even if their an annoying little bugger that won't shut up about how great their SMs are, I'd still play a fair game, cheating against a young noob is just so pathetic when you look at the situation as a whole, and it just shows your own immaturity. Just be the bigger man/woman and play a fair game. Their's no fun in becomeing a 40K bully.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 04:49   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That was one of my first battlesuit configs when I was thinking of an optimized setup... (before I knew of the worldwidely established FireKnife, Blinding Spear, Death Rain, etc), and was thinking laterally:

Crisis Suit
Burst Cannon
Burst Cannon
Multitracker

"wow! 6 dice shots!!" I thought back then... but then I soon found out it was illegal, and later still found out how limited that setup would truly be...

ah, well, live n' learn! :
Old 31 Aug 2006, 07:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
Quote:
Sorry, but thats pretty low. Even if their an annoying little K'chau'k that won't shut up about how great their SMs are, I'd still play a fair game, cheating against a young noob is just so pathetic when you look at the situation as a whole, and it just shows your own immaturity. Just be the bigger man/woman and play a fair game. Their's no fun in becomeing a 40K bully.
fine, fine, in the name of honor. I think the topic can be locked now.

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread