Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Now What?
Closed Thread
Old 27 Aug 2006, 23:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Now What?

I recently started warhammer 40k as the Tau Empire. I have 2 squads of Fire warriors (24 minatures), 1 XV8 Crisis Battlesuit, and 1 Shas'o Commander. What would be best to buy next? :P
Old 27 Aug 2006, 23:34   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Now What?

I would say 2 more crises suits and a hammer head or two. Then after you have 2 hammerheads I would reccomend a Broadside. You might want to pick up some stealth suits as well. I use 5, I think 3 is just too few.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 23:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Have you thought up of an army list yet? I'd suggest you read about Tau tactics, Tau Online has plenty. Looking at some lists of other people might also give you a general direction. It might be a better idea to have a general aim as to what you're buying, rather than buying box by box.

There was a guy who had a suit / And Shas'o was his name-o. / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / S-H-A-S-O! / And Shas'o was his name-o!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 00:50   #4 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

I faced a similar dilema. with my SM army, i wound up with alot of models(and money spent) I will probably never use. With my Tau I came up with a list, and a few alternate choices, then made a list of what I needed to buy and priorized it. I suggest you figure out a list before you stat buying willy-nilly-whatever.

SGS

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
Old 28 Aug 2006, 01:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

lots of fire power

lots and lots of fire power

and where there is fire power, there is fire warriors
Old 28 Aug 2006, 01:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Well, Unfortunately, FW's without markerlight support can't really hit the enemy with too much of said firepower unless you get good rolls.. Anyways, I would look into getting a devilfish. If you ever plan on taking pathfinders, you'll need one. Also, you can use it to transport your Firewarriors and pull off evil little maneuvers like a "Fish of Fury" (I'm not going into what it is, because detailed explanations of it and how to use it are posted on the site). Now that I've mentioned pathfinders, I'll tell you now that they can be EXTREMELY usefull to a good commander in a large game, otherwise, they are just a waste of points and money, so I'd hold off on pathfinders until you have an army that can be fielded at around 1500 points, then look into them. The devilfish, as mentioned, can be used for other things, so I would look into that soon.

READ THIS LAST PART IF IT'S THE ONLY PART OF THE POST YOU READ!: (sorry for the yelling). If you EVER get a Tau tank (Hammerhead, Skyray, or Devilfish), ONLY get the Skyray box. It's five bucks more than a devilfish but it comes with everything you need to either build a 'fish, hammerhead, or skyray. That way you can use it as a troop transport ('fish) in one game, a vehicle popper in the next (hammerhead), and a seeker support tank (Skyray) in the one after that,, so you have the options without having to actually buy
~115 dollars worth of units..

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Old 28 Aug 2006, 14:11   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

So i should get a skyray ????
Old 28 Aug 2006, 14:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

in addittion to what NUKE said, you can buy a cheap devil fish and use the rail gun from the sky ray box. so if u buy sky ray devil fish, sky ray in that order, u get 2 sky ray and 1 hamerhead, or 2 hammer heads and 1 sky ray, or 1 devil fish 1sky ray, and 1 hammer head, or 1 df and 2 sr, or 2 df and 1 sr, or 2 df and 1 hh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
Well, Unfortunately, FW's without markerlight support can't really hit the enemy with too much of said firepower unless you get good rolls.. Anyways, I would look into getting a devilfish. If you ever plan on taking pathfinders, you'll need one. Also, you can use it to transport your Firewarriors and pull off evil little maneuvers like a "Fish of Fury" (I'm not going into what it is, because detailed explanations of it and how to use it are posted on the site). Now that I've mentioned pathfinders, I'll tell you now that they can be EXTREMELY usefull to a good commander in a large game, otherwise, they are just a waste of points and money, so I'd hold off on pathfinders until you have an army that can be fielded at around 1500 points, then look into them. The devilfish, as mentioned, can be used for other things, so I would look into that soon.

READ THIS LAST PART IF IT'S THE ONLY PART OF THE POST YOU READ!: (sorry for the yelling). If you EVER get a Tau tank (Hammerhead, Skyray, or Devilfish), ONLY get the Skyray box. It's five bucks more than a devilfish but it comes with everything you need to either build a 'fish, hammerhead, or skyray. That way you can use it as a troop transport ('fish) in one game, a vehicle popper in the next (hammerhead), and a seeker support tank (Skyray) in the one after that,, so you have the options without having to actually buy
~115 dollars worth of units..
Old 28 Aug 2006, 17:59   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

So i should get a devilfish..... or skyray ??? ?
Old 28 Aug 2006, 18:17   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

You should get a skyray, because you can build all of the tanks out of it.
Closed Thread